It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shoot black teen at Missouri gas station

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Plus, I think that's another car that came later.

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

And in 2012, out of 400 or so officer involved shootings/killings during 12 million arrests, 120 of those killings were black. So....

But yeah...doesn't seem like facts really matter to a lot of people.

edit on 12/24/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Legal justification for taking it to court? Anything? Anything? *crickets*

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There's no point in making any assumption from that halted video,

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: DrJunk

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: DrJunk

Yea yea I get it. You're quick to hit the "I don't even care" button which makes me wonder why you're here. It seems that you want to say your piece and then not be challenged on it, and when you are challenged, you start in with the "I don't even care" routine. That's not really what ATS is about or why it's here.

How is anything you are saying in this post a benefit to the thread? If you don't like my replies to your opinions of my posts, don't reply to my posts.

How is quoting Mark Twain contributing anything to the thread? Hi Pot, I'm Kettle.

You have a good one bud

Well, I was having a continued commentary with someone else about what their statistics meant. Since the poster in question thought his statistics were relevant to the topic, not that I actually agree, but I digress, one can assume that my direct reply in telling him what I thought of his statistics was indeed on topic.

You coming out of nowhere and simply attacking me for my opinion is NOT on topic.
[snip]
edit on 24-12-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Again for the 3rd time you've selected sentences out of a paragraph(atleast it was two and not one this time) and not answered what was asked of you. Moving the goal posts yet again.. My point of everything I was saying and the question I was asking is where do you get your presumption or suspicions of the police planting a gun out of all the evidence provided here today. So again I'll ask......with what evidence we've seen which points in one direction, whats pointing you in the direction that you're going in??????

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
There's no point in making any assumption from that halted video,

Really?

The guy in black turns to walk away, then turns back toward the officer and points "something" at the officer with his outstretched arm in a very "pointing a gun" sort of motion.

Anyone who watches that video and claims it's not clear that the dead guy pointed "something" at the officer is lying to themselves or misleading others with a clear agenda.

If you can't see clearly, go full screen and watch next to the "Camera 29" label.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Your logic and good vision have no place here sir......Lol

I don't get it either. The man pointed a gun at a police officer and that's that, and what happened to this grown man is the result of that. There is however about 3 or 4 on here who will argue to the death that this has been some sort of cover up conspiracy....that that wasn't a gun.......and the police planted one in front of all those people lol. No matter how much water that boat has taken on they won't abandon ship so to speak

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Alright. Any more disruption in this thread will result in posting bans.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
being an anarchist must be a 365 day a year job, they don`t even take a break for Christmas.
They don`t take a break to appreciate the simple things in life perhaps that's why they live such miserable lives and don`t mind pointing things at the police and getting killed.

oh well, I`m not going to let another dead anarchist ruin my Christmas...jingle bells ,jingle bells,.....

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Really?

The guy in black turns to walk away, then turns back toward the officer and points "something" at the officer with his outstretched arm in a very "pointing a gun" sort of motion.

Anyone who watches that video and claims it's not clear that the dead guy pointed "something" at the officer is lying to themselves or misleading others with a clear agenda.

If you can't see clearly, go full screen and watch next to the "Camera 29" label.

Really? Thanks very much...it never occurred to me to go to full screen

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
hi all,

while at work today we had sky news on in the background and have been watching this news story unfold through out the day here in Scotland. The first thing I heard without even looking up to the tv was that reports are coming in of a black teenager being shot by a white police officer in St louis .

im seeing what the msm is doing here by that statement alone , yes it is a fact that a black teenager was shot by a white police officer but too put things in perspective here.

We had a recent incident of a burglar being tazzered by police here as he was raiding a family's home, got caught ,and resisted arrest and died shortly after, it made breaking news, his details were released a day later and the male was black. No breaking news stating black male tazzered to death by cops. Nothing.

It really annoys me that the msm push the whole race thing to their own disgusting agenda. It's not about race here, a member of the public pointed what appears to be a gun at a police officer ,the end result would be the same if the member of the public was white .

Here in Scotland our police are not routinely armed , we have armed response teams , but even I know that if you point what appears to be a gun at the police it would end badly for me , they have a right, like I do to defend themselves if they feel threatened and can justify the force used to defend themselves .

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Really?

Since you've had a good look at the video then, why did you state that it shows nothing definitive?
edit on 12/24/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Really?

Since you've had a good look at the video then, why did you state that it shows nothing definitive?

Because it doesn't. For all we know he could have been doing something expressive with his hand while talking. Who knows he may have been saying that the policeman had lovely blue eyes.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm going to withhold judgement in either direction until usefull evidence is released. The video is worthless and does nothing more than muddy the waters. I have seen better quality in bigfoot videos.

He could be pointing a gun, or he could be pointing his finger to indicate a direction. The video is too poor to tell a difference.

Right now all we have is the word of the officer and a worthless grainy video. Anybody who can claim to know the full truth based off of the current evidence is not being honest.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Technikal

Does not the citizenry have the right to defend themselves from an organization that is always armed and has shown a predisposition to using deadly force, even when the citizens are NOT armed?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Angle 1

Angle 2

Angle 3

No clear indication that Antonio Martin had a weapon in any of the 3 videos. The third video was clearly cropped and the police say it was out of respect for the family. Was it really out of respect, or to cover up the fact that the officer over reacted? I honestly don't know and am not making a claim either way.

ETA: What is listed on youtube as "Angle 3" is not a new angle. It is the same camera as Angle one, but starts after the officer fired shots and has Antonio Martin cropped out. You can tell the video was cropped by comparing the timestamp on the Angle 1 video to the angle 3 video.
edit on 12/24/2014 by xDeadcowx because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

Sure they do. Everyone has a right to defend themselves. That is a basic right as far as I'm concerned. I understand that there probably has been instances of the police acting in a manner that did not need the use of deadly force . But let's not paint everyone with the same brush so to speak.

I'm an ex soldier who patrolled the streets of Northern ierland for 2 years , I undestand the difficulty in overcoming stereotypeing(sorry I'm dyslexic, don't know if that's the right spelling) I also understand the difficulty in knowing when to use deadly force when faced with certain situations.

Most communication with each other is by body language, 55% is the figure that is stated.

Can I ask that you watch the video of the petrol station and keep that 55% in mind..

from the last part of your post I'm taking this as you saying that the male was armed to defend himself from the police?

If I'm correct in my assumption to this then my answer is no. You do not have a right to carry a fire arm for the purpose of defending yourself from the police with that view alone, that's like me saying I'm going to carry a telescopic Batton incase the police stop me in the steet because I don't trust them.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join