It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shoot black teen at Missouri gas station

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: starfoxxx

the motto's DENY ignorance.. not EMBRACE it dude..

Fine, the video you says proves he had a gun is cut off and we don''t "see" a gun, only a raised arm. The gun on the ground is a "gun on the ground".

Deny that.

So youre not willing to take the video as evidence even tho its clear that he was doing something that mimicked at least raising a gun....because you say theres not enough evidence

But youre willing to speculate that the officer planted the gun......

yeah, no agenda here......

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: DrJunk

If I were a black man, I'd carry a gun too.

At least if you've got a gun, you've got a chance to defend yourself from a group of people that have already demonstrated that they will not hesitate to kill you even if you are unarmed.

Youre talking about other black people right, since over 90 percent of the black people killed in the US are killed by other black people......

Yes of course thats what you mean........

Read my other reply to this stupid logic.

its not stupid logic, its fact backed up by data.....

In 2013, there were 6,261 black homicide victims in the U.S.—almost all killed by black civilians—resulting in a death risk in inner cities that is ten times higher for blacks than for whites. None of those killings triggered mass protests; they are deemed normal and beneath notice.

The police, by contrast, according to published reports, kill roughly 200 blacks a year, most of them armed and dangerous, out of about 40 million police-civilian contacts a year. Blacks are in fact killed by police at a lower rate than their threat to officers would predict. In 2013, blacks made up 42 percent of all cop killers whose race was known, even though blacks are only 13 percent of the nation’s population. The percentage of black suspects killed by the police nationally is 29 percent lower than the percentage of blacks mortally threatening them.

Source among others

So are you trolling or just conveniently ignoring facts

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Keep citing your statistics while cops keep killing citizens.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks for the welcome!
But seriously dude???? It's a freakin gun. There is absolutely nothing that can lead anyone to believe otherwise. The cop said he pulled a gun and the video shows him pointing an object that looks like a gun at the officer. And no I can not see the details of the gun from that distance but it definitely appears to be a gun. If you blow it up you can clearly see the shape of a gun. You're grasping at conspiracy straws that just aren't there on this one bud

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

At least if you've got a gun, you've got a chance to defend yourself from a group of people that have already demonstrated that they will not hesitate to kill you even if you are unarmed.

Youre talking about other black people right, since over 90 percent of the black people killed in the US are killed by other black people......

In 2013, there were 6,261 black homicide victims in the U.S.—almost all killed by black civilians—resulting in a death risk in inner cities that is ten times higher for blacks than for whites. None of those killings triggered mass protests; they are deemed normal and beneath notice.

The police, by contrast, according to published reports, kill roughly 200 blacks a year, most of them armed and dangerous, out of about 40 million police-civilian contacts a year. Blacks are in fact killed by police at a lower rate than their threat to officers would predict. In 2013, blacks made up 42 percent of all cop killers whose race was known, even though blacks are only 13 percent of the nation’s population. The percentage of black suspects killed by the police nationally is 29 percent lower than the percentage of blacks mortally threatening them.

Source among others

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

You asked for stats, you got stats, now you're dismissing the same stats you asked for?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Source among others

Please, by all means then.........tell me how any of those facts are lies?

I backed up my post with facts , where are yours that all these stats are lies?

For your claim to be even close to true, it would have to presume that white officers kill more black people, then all of the gang bangers and murderers in the black communities killing each other......

that figure doesnt even come close to computing.......

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So you're not willing to take the video as evidence even tho its clear that he was doing something that mimicked at least raising a gun....because you say theres not enough evidence

You just said it, too.

But you're willing to speculate that the officer planted the gun......

My agenda is theres no connection of him to the gun as yet. This is not a court of law, is it?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UnTrust

And no I can not see the details of the gun from that distance but it definitely appears to be a gun.

Uh huh.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Source among others

Please, by all means then.........tell me how any of those facts are lies?

I backed up my post with facts , where are yours that all these stats are lies?

For your claim to be even close to true, it would have to presume that white officers kill more black people, then all of the gang bangers and murderers in the black communities killing each other......

that figure doesnt even come close to computing.......

Why? Again, I'm not comparing anyone, you are.

Statistics can be made to used to evidence any claim anyone wants to make, so I don't have any use for them.

Take this claim for instance.

Cops kill more unarmed white people than they do black people.

Over the span of more than a decade, 2,151 whites died by being shot by police compared to 1,130 blacks.

So, looks like that is correct. However, when you take into account that the population of black people is 1/6 the population of white people, the statistics tell a completely different story.

So excuse me if I don't fall over and bow at the feet of your statistics, when they don't mean a damn thing, and I don't actually care about the idiotic point you are trying to make.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So you're not willing to take the video as evidence even tho its clear that he was doing something that mimicked at least raising a gun....because you say theres not enough evidence

You just said it, too.

But you're willing to speculate that the officer planted the gun......

My agenda is theres no connection of him to the gun as yet. This is not a court of law, is it?

Yet youre willing to assume that the cop planted the gun, youre whole basis thus far is that the officer is guilty of a crime of shooting this 18yr old man unprovoked.....

So instead of taking what we have so far, which is the video , which seems to corroborate the officers story, you jump to the conclusion that he planted a gun on the guy, which there is absolutely NO evidence........

you cant claim to being objective based on evidence, when youre jumping to the conclusions to which there is no evidence what so ever, and discounting completely the fact that it appears the guy DOES have a gun......

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Source among others

You asked for stats, you got stats, now you're dismissing the same stats you asked for?

I asked for a specific set of stats. A direct comparison. No room for interpretation. These are not what I asked for in the slightest. And on top of that. I don't actually care about the claim that is being made. Its not my claim, so I don't care if you evidence it or not.
edit on 24-12-2014 by DrJunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Your picking parts of sentences and not addressing whats actually being said. Thats the second time dude. Like ManBehindTheMask said youre continually moving the goalpost to change the conversation. Its clearly a gun or something shaped exactly like a gun that he outstretched his arm and pointed at the police officer. This guy had a death wish. Theres nothing to wage a war for over here man. Geez let it go. Evidence points one direction and what exactly points the direction youre going????

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

lol.....you asked for stats and I gave them to you........

You just dont like what they say, thats the gist of it........

I like how youre willing to take PART of the stat as fact, but the rest of it that doesnt fall in line with the narrative you want to portray MUST be false.......

Sorry dude, cops arent out there killing black people in masse.........

Your assertion was that you would be armed if you were black because cops are out killing black people at will....

Thats what you were positing, then you asked for stats when rebuked........

Its more dangerous to be a black male in a black ghetto with gangbangers then it is to be a black male standing next to a cop.............and the numbers prove that.....sell your diatribe somewhere else......

Not to mention, this guy PULLED A GUN on a cop, or at least until the facts come in it appears that way........

So your point is moot
edit on 12/24/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

There is no evidence of anything yet until its tried in a court of law. I don't see that happening any time soon here either.

Why bother? He's already been convicted in the kangaroo court of Main Stream (ahem) media.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

a reply to: DrJunk

lol.....you asked for stats and I gave them to you........

You just dont like what they say, thats the gist of it........

I like how youre willing to take PART of the stat as fact, but the rest of it that doesnt fall in line with the narrative you want to portray MUST be false.......

Sorry dude, cops arent out there killing black people in masse.........

Your assertion was that you would be armed if you were black because cops are out killing black people at will....

Thats what you were positing, then you asked for stats when rebuked........

Its more dangerous to be a black male in a black ghetto with gangbangers then it is to be a black male standing next to a cop.............and the numbers prove that.....sell your diatribe somewhere else......

Not to mention, this guy PULLED A GUN on a cop, or at least until the facts come in it appears that way........

So your point is moot

No.

I said I would carry a gun if I were black because cops have started killing blacks even when they are unarmed.

You started blah blah blahing about blacks killing more blacks than cops, and I said, show me some stats about blacks killing unarmed blacks at a rate higher than cops killing unarmed blacks.

You haven't done that. The rest of your stats aren't what I asked for and don't actually add or detract from anything I have said.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Ahhhh so if they release the video, and the video shows muzzle flash coming from the subject, then it still isn't "evidence" because it hasn't been to court yet. So really, one could just keep up the rant that "it's not evidence" indefinitely because there's an appeals process, which has the potential to go for years and years and years.

So really, no amount of "evidence" will ever be enough. One can continually move the goalpost for however long one cares to.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UnTrust

Its clearly a gun or something shaped exactly like a gun that he outstretched his arm and pointed at the police officer. This guy had a death wish.

Presumptive, subjective, here-say, out of order, over ruled, in any actual court of law, thats what you're argument would bring from the defense bench.

Like Ferguson and New York this will also never go to court…

its a "done deal" from the gate. Like you have pointed out everyone would just prefer this "goes away".

My defense is to get it to court for everyone to see, that is all.

Last post here, everyone, save your digits.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Man, the St. Louis cops are takin out the garbage, gettin it done. Let's send em to Chicago next, then Detroit, then let's send them into Iraq and Syria to handle ISIL. After they take care of that mess we should send them to Washington, let em handle congress.

St. Louis PD for President!!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join