It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shoot black teen at Missouri gas station

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is from www.masslive.com...

Berkeley has body cameras and dashboard cameras. The officer wasn't wearing his body camera, Belmar said. The dashboard camera activates when the red lights are on, and they were not on at the convenience store.

Bummer that NO cameras were on the officer nor the dash cam. I bet the whole
video will eventually be shown since there is so much turmoil.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

It LOOKS like the guy might have pulled a gun, but hard to say for certain. I notice the video stops before the shooting begins though. I'm trying to figure out how the cop got his gun out, and killed the "assailant" before getting shot himself. Considering the assailant drew first supposedly, and at close range.

Exactly what I though. The picture showing the gun on the ground has it on the other side of the cop car, too. How did it get there? Unless the suspect (with outstretched arm) who we don't actually see shoot, threw it there after he waited for the police officer to draw and shoot him first.

You know it doesn't do any good to ask real questions here… People will insult you harder the closer you get to the truth.
edit on 24-12-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm not an officer but if I just shot someone who pulled a gun on me and they presumably went down then the gun most likely would have been in their vicinity. Again I'm no Leo, but I would think they would move the gun away from the suspect. Just a shot in the dark on this one... Also if the assailant didn't get off a round it could be due to the fact that the gun was a 9mm semi auto and are prone to misfires, depending on the manufacturer some are more so then others, and or may not have been chambered
edit on 24-12-2014 by UnTrust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The picture of the gun on the ground shows the gun on the passenger side of the vehicle, which is the side the video shows the subject being closer to when he draws the gun/appears to draw the gun/mimics the motion of drawing a gun for some odd reason. Also, it's a pretty reasonable assumption that the officer is going to move the weapon away from the subject.

You are assuming that all parties involved then just stood there rooted to the spot and nobody moved. Maybe he wanted to talk some smack before popping off. Maybe he thought he could scare the cop. Maybe he thought there was no way the cop would shoot him. Maybe the safety was on. Maybe the weapon misfired. Maybe he sneezed and forgot to shoot. There's any number of reasons why somebody with a bit of training can beat somebody with none (and yes I realize I'm assuming that this guy wasn't at the range every week).
edit on 24-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: added stuff

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Please stay on topic and discuss the topic and not each other.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It LOOKS like the guy might have pulled a gun, but hard to say for certain. I notice the video stops before the shooting begins though. I'm trying to figure out how the cop got his gun out, and killed the "assailant" before getting shot himself. Considering the assailant drew first supposedly, and at close range.

Exactly what I though. The picture showing the gun on the ground has it on the other side of the cop car, too. How did it get there? Unless the suspect (with outstretched arm) who we don't actually see shoot, threw it there after he waited for the police officer to draw and shoot him first.

You know it doesn't do any good to ask real questions here… People will insult you harder the closer you get to the truth.

Thats because people are all too willing to say its the cops fault , without knowing all the facts, and despite the fact that the video seems to cooberate the evidence.......

Lots of speculation already in this case against the cop , w so little facts coming in.........whats that say?

Thats not objectivity , thats an agenda

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Also, it's a pretty reasonable assumption that the officer is going to move the weapon away from the subject.

When I was in the military and we detained someone with a weapon, they were always put face down and the weapon either kicked or removed from within reach........

My guess is once the suspect was down he kicked the gun out of reach just in case the suspect tried to reach for it again....

Common sense.......

Again we dont know all the facts, but this seems like a more likely story then the cop carries around a "plant" gun in his car, and was out to kill a black kid that day

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: Dark Ghost Am I the only wondering why this is the second shooting in St. Louis area? It seems to be localized. Or are the law enforcement officers there just more prone to shoot first, instead of defusing a situation?

If someone points a gun at an officer, what the officer is not supposed to shoot, the officer has to guess if the gun is loaded?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Even if they have dashcam footage 3 feet away showing the incident there are still going to be those that say "why didn't he try to talk him down" or some other ridiculousness tbh. Agenda is absolutely right and even with the footage, which looks pretty clear to me, I have no doubt that people are still going to hit the fan about this. I mean come on how much better evidence can you really have. If a police officer needs more then footage of a suspect raising a gun at him to protect himself then it's open season on law enforcement and all hell is going to break loose

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

the motto's DENY ignorance.. not EMBRACE it dude..

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnTrust

Even if they have dashcam footage 3 feet away showing the incident there are still going to be those that say "why didn't he try to talk him down" or some other ridiculousness tbh. Agenda is absolutely right and even with the footage, which looks pretty clear to me, I have no doubt that people are still going to hit the fan about this. I mean come on how much better evidence can you really have. If a police officer needs more then footage of a suspect raising a gun at him to protect himself then it's open season on law enforcement and all hell is going to break loose

Yeah their tactic is to continually move the goal post, to try and change the conversation.....

My question would be, is if a man pulled a gun on your loved one, and you had a fire arm to stop him, would you try and talk him down with the risk that your loved could be killed........

Or would you take the shot ......

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If I just felt as if someone was about to pull a gun on a loved one I would drop them where they stood. I would never take a chance with my loved ones lives...EVER. It's amazing some arguments you hear about what law enforcement should do they're not social workers or health care professionals
edit on 24-12-2014 by UnTrust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
If someone points a gun at an officer, what the officer is not supposed to shoot, the officer has to guess if the gun is loaded?

Not to mention the fact that the kid:

1. pointed a loaded 9 mm at the officer (with a filed off S/N indicating the gun was probably stolen)

2. had a violent criminal past, including three assaults and armed robbery

Its a question of wrong or right??!! Well Orlando, just what would YOU do if someone was pointing a gun at you? Ask the person to join you in a sing-a-along? Spend time deciding whether you should respond at all? Oh I know! Maybe you would reach for your Taser or Mace and aim it at the guy who is POINTING. A. GUN at you! Yeah, I didn’t think so.

Antonio Martin may have been 18 years old when he died; however, this young MAN has a record of making some very bad choices since his 17th birthday. And this record isn’t one that has penny ante stuff in it either. Nope, this young man was quite busy during the past year. His criminal record includes multiple theft charges and three ARMED assaults. Yes, you read that correctly. In the space of one year, Antonio Martin engaged in armed assaults against people, and racked up a series of thefts. His final choice was the worst of all. Because of Antonio Martin’s decision to pull a gun on a cop; Antonio is dead, a police officer is on administrative leave, protestors wreaked havoc yet again, the media is writing their own slanted narratives and getting duped, and the city of St. Louis is left wondering when the next shoe will drop.

victorygirlsblog.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UnTrust

'm not an officer but if I just shot someone who pulled a gun on me and they presumably went down then the gun most likely would have been in their vicinity

Hi UnTrust, welcome to ATS!

I don't seeee a raised gun in the video, just a raised arm. The video cuts off at that point and the resolution is too poor (at night) to make out a firearm in the mans hand. We have to take others "word" for it, and I never believe that stuff up front.

In fact, given recent events my suspicions are immediately aroused that they don't show us the "proof". Theres still no lapel cams on officers and the video from the police cruiser is not in the public eye, either. Strikes two and three if you ask me.

I'm sure police want to convince everyone at this point they are not abusing their authority by letting all the proof we need to know what actually happened without any doubt.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It is not rocket science.
If you shoot mike brown with his hands up and surrendering then cover it up then until their is justice in that case then everyone will be irrational about the police and tensions will keep rising until the lie is brought to light or the world burns. Telling one lie like brown was charging is hurting very much the ability of leo's to do their job of protecting us. It will get worse till we get truth.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

the motto's DENY ignorance.. not EMBRACE it dude..

Fine, the video you says proves he had a gun is cut off and we don''t "see" a gun, only a raised arm. The gun on the ground is a "gun on the ground".

Deny that.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

he draws the gun/appears to draw the gun/mimics the motion of drawing a gun for some odd reason. Also, it's a pretty reasonable assumption that the officer is going to move the weapon away from the subject.

Thanks for vetting both sides.

Appears and assumes are not "evidentiary". Neither are police statements (at this time).

I can tell you that under the auspices of the US government the National media is not going to be allowed to cry "Ferguson" either.

Can you imagine another "unjustified" police shooting right now?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

It will get worse till we get truth.

Exactly. They should come clean to even begin to restore respect, let alone 'law and order'.

That they don't smacks of more covering up.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
One thing is for sure.

The existence of the video should lay any claims to rest that the 'teenager' was executed while face down on the ground. We shouldn't be seeing that little fictional play this time.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Okay. How bout this: where I work, it is policy to move any weapon away from a person who has been disarmed either voluntarily or involuntarily. Therefore, in my professional opinion the officer did not allow the person with the gun, whom he just shot, to continue to hold the gun, or allow the gun to remain close enough to him that he could grab it again.

Is that simply my opinion? Yea, it is. But it's an opinion based off something other than the assumption that the subject must have thrown the gun after being shot, or that the gun was planted because it's apparently too far away from the subject for your liking.

Frankly I don't think it matters what evidence is presented. Some people are going to find holes in any and all evidence presented, and are willing to take huge leaps to do so. Even going so far as to imply that there is some vast conspiracy in the works to give the police a justified shooting.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join