It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shoot black teen at Missouri gas station

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Huh. Imagine that. What appears, at first blush anyway, to be a justified shoot and some people still can't accept it. Since the guy appears to have been armed, or at least did something to give the appearance of being armed, we can't rail against a LEO shooting another unarmed person so we have to move on to planted evidence, lies, etc. I suppose he could've just been holding up his Junior Police Officer badge and yelling "Blue! Blue!" or something though. Oh there's a video? Well you can't tell that it's a gun, just that he pulls whatever "it" is out and points it like a gun. Since they didn't release the video of the shoot, and the aftermath, we shouldn't forget that "many" (what does many even mean? I don't carry a burner, nobody I know does, but then again I don't know Kurt Russel and don't live in the movie "Dark Blue") cops carry burners and he could've planted that gun, on camera, with all those people around.

For those questioning why these fellas walked up to the officer: believe it or not, not everybody runs from us when they see us coming. Often times they think they can talk to us for a minute or two and be on their way. Usually once they figure out that they may not be getting turned loose as easily as they thought, they decide to run or fight. Especially in a situation like this, where the officer appears to just be doing what amounts to a safety check of the business.

As for the use of the flashbang at a gas station: I'm pretty sure they would've turned the pumps off as soon as backup officers started arriving. It's one of the first things we do when a gas station becomes a crime scene. Since it was outdoors, the gas fumes dissipate pretty quickly.

Don't think it really matters to some here, and many "out there." Whatever is done by a LEO is going to be wrong and that's the end of the story.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

difficult to say what happened from that video. not clear at all.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
pretty clear brah

No, it's still not clear at all. Where did the gun come from, who had possession of it...
Can you tell me all that from a video still?

keep embarrassing yourelf dude i dont care....

It seems, dude, the only one embarrassing themselves here is you.

so they have it on video, the COPS ON VIDEO, you would of seen him "plant a gun" here IS THE GUYS GUN
there's no other way around it... your either trolling or race baiting

You claim you saw the video, but you cannot see a gun. No one can see a gun in that video. I'm not claiming the story didn't happen as the police officer claims, but you cannot see a gun in that video and we all know that you cannot see a gun in that video. We also all know that the video stops before the shooting, so of course, even if the gun was "planted" we would not see it.

That's not what people here are claiming. We are being rational and waiting for all statements about this before coming to the instant conclusion that the cop is honest and had reason to kill the guy. You are the one claiming, without any real evidence to support your beliefs, that the cop is right and truthful and that the victim in this somehow deserved to die.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
What appears, at first blush anyway, to be a justified shoot and some people still can't accept it

We can accept it when all the evidence is gathered and all witness statements have been presented.

You think it's surprising that people don't trust the police, especially in Missouri?

You and I both know of the massive failings and suspicious circumstances of the Mike Brown shooting, it should be no surprise to anyone that the public is suspicious about this too.

You cannot see him pulling a gun in that video, so stop trying to manufacture a false reality to support your assumption. We can all see that video, we are seeing what you are seeing, and there is no way in hell you can see a gun being pulled.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

You think it's surprising that people don't trust the police, especially in Missouri?

Yeah because with them being so in the spotlight and under such scrutiny and attack, they're definitely going to just keep running around shooting unarmed people and planting guns. Eyeroll.
edit on 12/24/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
You're right. I am admittedly suspicious of anything involving a cop. I grew up in that area. I know how bad it is over there. I know that everyone and their sister carries a gun, too. I also know police corruption runs rampant in St. Louis. I know it first hand. So yes, I question everything they do or say.

The video appears to validate the cops story in this case, but I still have my questions. I'm sorry that upsets you officer. But your word is no better than a citizens word, just because you wear a badge.

edit on 12/24/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/24/2014 by Klassified because: corrections

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
What appears, at first blush anyway, to be a justified shoot and some people still can't accept it

We can accept it when all the evidence is gathered and all witness statements have been presented.

You and I both know of the massive failings and suspicious circumstances of the Mike Brown shooting, it should be no surprise to anyone that the public is suspicious about this too.

You cannot see him pulling a gun in that video, so stop trying to manufacture a false reality to support your assumption. We can all see that video, we are seeing what you are seeing, and there is no way in hell you can see a gun being pulled.

HERES THE DEAD DUDES GUN

Your telling me the cop planted this on the the guy ON VIDEO??
you can see him pull something HERE IS THE SOMETHING..
You would of seen the cop pull out the plant on video and throw it down...

HERE IS WHAT THE GUY HAD IN HIS HAND its right here..

wait here is what the guy had in his hand

did they mention the WHOLE THING IS ON VIDEO

did you not just admit we saw him pull something

well here is the SOMETHING

you think the cop threw down a throwaway gun ON CAM?

GET out of here

wait heres the something

edit on 24-12-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Gotta love that the video stops when the shooting starts, im guessing the video is from the store, do we know why it stoped.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Gotta love that the video stops when the shooting starts, im guessing the video is from the store, do we know why it stoped.

St. Louis County Police have released a video they say shows the scene in front of a gas station in the St. Louis suburb of Berkeley moments before a man was fatally shot late Tuesday night by a police officer.
“This video shows the suspect pointing a gun at the officer,” the Department wrote in the video’s description.
The video stops at the point at which police say the suspect points the gun at the officer. Police say they don’t want the family to see the video of the man being shot.
The point at which police say the man produces a gun is just after 1:37 in the video. [Source]

But you probably didn't want a logical answer to this question, did you?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Yeah because with them being so in the spotlight and under such scrutiny and attack, they're definitely going to just keep running around shooting unarmed people and planting guns. Eyeroll.

So you think they were deliberately targeting black people and murdering them before?
You and I both know that's not what this is about. This is about the police there being institutionally racist, and circumstances of encounters leading to deaths that were needless.

No one claims that the deaths at the hands of police was deliberate murder. It was escallation of events by poorly trained, maladjusted and unaccountable officers, whos actions are then covered up or defended by a broken system.

People don't trust them because of several things...

1. The investigator arrived at the Brown scene and stated "it was clear what happened". That is not their job, they are there to gather data, scientific fact, positions of evidence... they do not get to decide what happened and abandon their responsibilities based on their own bias.

2. Wilson was permitted to handle his own weapon long after the shooting.

3. Wilson was permitted to go about his business, talk with other officers, potentially collude with others to form a narrative.

4. Wilson was permitted to wash away evidence.

5. Wilson was permitted to hand his own weapon in for evidence after the event.

6. Witnesses were not properly challenged about their obviously flawed statements when those statements exonerated Wilson, but were discredited when their statements supported Brown's friend and his version of events.

All of this shows that there are massive flaws in the case of Brown, and massive cause for the GJ to come back with a different result than the one they came to. Several senior ranking officials from across the USA have all stated on record that there were massive failings in this case, that there was clear dereliction of duty in the investigation, that there was clear cause for a full criminal investigation not only into Wilson but into the investigation and the local PD and their handling of the case.

This is why the people do not trust the police or the justice system. This is why so many people do not instantly presume that a black man shot by an officer was obviously a criminal before any crime has been ascertained, and this is why it is wholly wrong for people to simply believe that the black man shot dead by a police officer was "obviously" a "gangster" who "deserved" to be killed.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yea all i asked whas where the video was from and why it stoped, but keep up the attacks my friend.

You dont even know my stand on this but thanks again bud.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

And now you're just becoming an irrational ranter, we're done here.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I'm pretty positive that I said "appears to have been armed, or at least did something to give the appearance of being armed" so yea, how bout you stop with me manufacturing anything and coming up with a false reality? Because I'm pretty certain my comments immediately following your selective quotation don't support YOUR false narrative of ME coming up with a false reality. Since I even go so far as to say you can't tell it's a gun. That'd be great, thanks.

And no, I'm not surprised that people don't trust the police, especially in that area. But for some people, that distrust knows no bounds. Cops all lie, cops all plant evidence, witnesses are lying, the camera has been tampered with. For some, no amount of evidence that runs contrary to their personal belief that cops suck is going to be enough.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Man, I've never had so many words put in my mouth at once before. Spits.

I can't even digest this.

My point was a lot simpler than your response, which happens to be pretty much pure speculation, assumption, and drama. In my opinion.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yea all i asked whas where the video was from and why it stoped, but keep up the attacks my friend.

You dont even know my stand on this but thanks again bud.

Your question was veiled and an attempt to imply something,and I think you know it. If not, why did you not even come up with a plausible answer or two on your own? I drew a perfectly valid inference from that. If I was wrong then you have my apology.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Shamrock6
You're right. I am admittedly suspicious of anything involving a cop. I grew up in that area. I know how bad it is over there. I know that everyone and their sister carries a gun, too. I also know police corruption runs rampant in St. Louis. I know it first hand. So yes, I question everything they do or say.

The video appears to validate the cops story in this case, but I still have my questions. I'm sorry that upsets you officer. But your word is no better than a citizens word, just because you wear a badge.

A) Not upset, but thanks for your concern.
B) no need to get smarmy about it.
C) My word counts for nothing in this incident, since I wasn't there and had no part of it. I offered an opinion about it, and the lengths some will go to so they can disbelieve.
D) Thanks for your time, citizen. You may go

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Man, I've never had so many words put in my mouth at once before. Spits.

I can't even digest this.

My point was a lot simpler than your response, which happens to be pretty much pure speculation, assumption, and drama. In my opinion.

Don't get too upset over it L. We both know this is a hot button here at ATS. Tempers flare rather quickly, and reason goes out the window sometimes. I certainly need to learn to keep my biases in check on cases like this.

link   

Your too much bud attacling people and making assumptions much, but keep up the good work bud.
edit on 24-12-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

link   

Bad boys, whatcha want
Watcha want, whatcha gonna do?
When sheriff John Brown come for you
Tell me whatcha wanna do, whatcha gonna do?

Bad boys, bad boys whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

When you were eight and you had bad traits
You go to school and learn the golden rule
So why are you acting like a bloody fool?
If you get hot, you must get cool

You chuck it on that one
You chuck it on this one
You chuck it on your mother
And you chuck it on your father

You chuck it on your brother
And you chuck it on your sister
You chuck it on that one
And you chuck it on me

Nobody now give you no break
Police now give you no break
Not soldier man give you no break
Not even you idren now give you no breaks

Why did you have to act so mean?
Don't you know you're human being?
Born of a mother with the love of a father
Reflections come and reflections go
I know sometimes you wanna let go
I know sometimes you want to let go

You're too bad, you're too rude
You're too bad, you're too rude

You chuck it on that one
You chuck it on this one
You chuck it on your mother
And you chuck it on your father

You chuck it on your brother
And you chuck it on your sister
You chuck it on that one
And you chuck it on me

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you

Inner Circle

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

St. Louis County Police have released a video they say shows the scene in front of a gas station in the St. Louis suburb of Berkeley moments before a man was fatally shot late Tuesday night by a police officer.
“This video shows the suspect pointing a gun at the officer,” the Department wrote in the video’s description.
The video stops at the point at which police say the suspect points the gun at the officer. Police say they don’t want the family to see the video of the man being shot.
The point at which police say the man produces a gun is just after 1:37 in the video. [Source]

But you probably didn't want a logical answer to this question, did you?

The problem here is not the reporting of it, the problem is the people here instantly trusting one version of events, without the evidence to support it, when there is reason not to simply trust the "official" version of events.

No one is arguing that there needs to be a full investigation, and if it is shown that he pulled a gun on the officer then I don't think many would be claiming this was unjustified. The FACT is, you do not have that evidence yet, but you are willing to believe without that evidence that this young man was a gangster aiming a gun at a police officer - after WALING UP TO HIS CAR.

You're claiming it's reasonable to assume that he did pull a gun, but it's not reasonable to ask why he would walk up to the car to begin with? How exactly does that discrepancy in logical thinking work?

If the guy pulled a gun on the officer, there is no cause for outrage here. But you don't know that, any more than we know he didn't.

The difference is that we are waiting to hear all sides, while you are instantly trusting the word of a police force proven to have failed numerous times before.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join