It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shoot black teen at Missouri gas station

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
He had a gun then?

Well this is a non story then.

Only if it's proven that he had a gun.
Given the suspicious circumstances around the investigation of Mike Browns shooting and the failures of the police and investigating officers, then the failures of the GJ, the public has no reason to trust the official narrative without actual evidence supporting it.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The second man fled, and the dead man's handgun has been recovered, according to Schellman.

A LOT of cops carry a throwaway gun, just for incidents like this. I'm not saying that is the case here, but why should any of us take the word of the cop over the dead man, or the man who fled?

I am withholding judgement on this until we hear the testimony of the dead mans "accomplice". To automatically assume the cop is the one telling the truth here is not a skeptical train of thought. It is groupthink mentality.

Flame away.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Is it coming to the point where those who have been 'prepping' for a scenario, are going to get that scenario?

I can see more riots kicking off and all kinds of stuff going on... people getting shot left, right and centre and us across the pond will be watching via satellite the end days in America!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: sitchin
looks to me like they were about to rob the couple with the buggy ..cops couldn't arrived at a better time ..also looks like he pulled a gun ..game over

It does. Real tough guy, gangsters. Gonna rob people at gunpoint with the child present. Even the mob had more class than to do that.

So before you know any of the facts about this you have instantly assumed "gangsters"? Even going so far as to create your own narrative of the crime you imagine they were about to commit.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

oh your so full of it.. dude just posted the crime scene video. the guys approach the cop..

you can see one of the guys pull something AND THEN # went down.. stop your garbage

right there on video you can watch it.. get the hell out of here..

here it is watch for yourself... far from an execution ....

edit on 24-12-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

The second man fled, and the dead man's handgun has been recovered, according to Schellman.

A LOT of cops carry a throwaway gun, just for incidents like this. I'm not saying that is the case here, but why should any of us take the word of the cop over the dead man, or the man who fled?

I am withholding judgement on this until we hear the testimony of the dead mans "accomplice". To automatically assume the cop is the one telling the truth here is not a skeptical train of thought. It is groupthink mentality.

Flame away.

Absolutely agree with everything you have said.
The police have failed consistently in numerous cases, and the notion that they should simply be trusted to be telling the truth is ridiculous.

We need to wait for the evidence, the facts and the witness statements before people start assuming that this was justified.

It's shocking to see some here instantly manufacturing their own story about what happened, based solely (it seems) on the belief that "black male" = "armed gangster ready to kill people".

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

oh your so full of it.. dude just posted the crime scene video. the guys approach the cop..

you can see one of the guys pull something AND THEN # went down.. stop your garbage

No need for a personal attack. All you had to do was point me to the video. If I had seen it, and it was clear, my post would have been unnecessary.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Who cares if it was a gun, a candy bar, a bottle of water etc?? You start pointing at people with a gesture that might look like you have a weapon then the results will be the same.

Don't think gas stations have been held up by candy bars before? Being it was a gas station and there is video footage, I would like to see how the witnesses and baiters comply with the actual narrative.

(post by starfoxxx removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

No need for a personal attack. All you had to do was point me to the video. If I had seen it, and it was clear, my post would have been unnecessary.

That's the problem, it's not clear, not in the slightest. He says he saw the guy pull "something", yet no one here can actually see that it was a gun at all. It doesn't explain why the hell a criminal with a gun planning to use it to rob people would then walk up to a police patrol car either.

There are so few facts about this, yet people are already lining up to claim that the guy deserved to die. And it seems this is all based on nothing but his race and the story the police have given.

It's really sad to see that so many people here have seemingly learned absolutely nothing from the events of the past few months.

How about people wait to hear various statements of what happened, from all sources, before instantly believing the police and claiming that "black male" instantly means criminal and "white police officer" instantly means "defending himself against black gangster"?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Cant crazy people take a day off from violence.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

go inflame some other thread race-baiter..

So anyone who thinks critically and doesn't immediately trust the police word on this is now a "race-baiter"?

You're the one who has made the instant assumption of guilt before any facts are actually clear, based on seemingly nothing other than the guys race, and you're calling other people race-baiters?

This would funny if it wasn't so crazy.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

go inflame some other thread race-baiter..

Nothing in my post mentioned race in any way. But yours just did. Who's the race baiter?

Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Flame away.

Not going to flame. But can you define "A LOT?"

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UMayBRite!
a reply to: roadgravel
As it is, police work is still safer than truck driving in spite of a 50%
spike in police deaths this year. Some forces seem to be inciting
this, if it becomes a hot war, we will all lose. Civil rights get suspended
in wars.

Where do you get your 50% spike figure?

And the "some forces" seem to be the media, social and otherwise, and those who participate in the insane commentary driven by them. Now what drives the media? Money. All very foolish.
edit on 12/24/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

That's the problem, it's not clear, not in the slightest. He says he saw the guy pull "something", yet no one here can actually see that it was a gun at all. It doesn't explain why the hell a criminal with a gun planning to use it to rob people would then walk up to a police patrol car either.

There are so few facts about this, yet people are already lining up to claim that the guy deserved to die. And it seems this is all based on nothing but his race and the story the police have given.

It's really sad to see that so many people here have seemingly learned absolutely nothing from the events of the past few months.

How about people wait to hear various statements of what happened, from all sources, before instantly believing the police and claiming that "black male" instantly means criminal and "white police officer" instantly means "defending himself against black gangster"?

pretty clear brah
keep embarrassing yourelf dude i dont care....

so they have it on video, the COPS ON VIDEO, you would of seen him "plant a gun" here IS THE GUYS GUN
there's no other way around it... your either trolling or race baiting
edit on 24-12-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

It LOOKS like the guy might have pulled a gun, but hard to say for certain. I notice the video stops before the shooting begins though. I'm trying to figure out how the cop got his gun out, and killed the "assailant" before getting shot himself. Considering the assailant drew first supposedly, and at close range.

It's a rough area. I don't doubt those guys might have been looking for trouble, but I admittedly don't trust St. Louis cops, either. Knew some of them growing up, and saw too much go down.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If you point a gun at an armed cop, you will die.
So use your head and don't do it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

While I agree, this is not how this is going to go and we all know it.
The public no longer trusts the police. Brown didn't have a gun, Rice didn't have a gun, Garner didn't have a gun... plenty of unarmed black men have been shot dead by police over reacting to a situation, escalating events that do not need to be escalated, causing violence against members of the public.

I can bet that there are a lot of people in Ferguson right now who do not believe for one second that the young man killed actually had a gun. And why should they believe the police story when there is so much evidence to suggest that the police there are as corrupt as they come and incapable of serving the public with any trust or credibility?

However you look at this, the complete lack of trust in policing has not been fixed, it has been continuously eroded by the failures of those in uniform. No one should be surprised when the people there have absolutely no trust in a police force that has been proven to be entirely untrustworthy.

Well the only choice I see, if they will not believe the facts in good shoots, is to just not go into that neighborhood anymore. What else can the police really do?

DingleBerry
edit on 24-12-2014 by DingleBerry80 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2014 by DingleBerry80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx... your either trolling or race baiting

Or just spending too much time either watching TV or reading only what they're looking for. Catching that viral disease. The one that makes you lose all perspective and prevents you from taking a look at reality.

This is gettiing sadder and sadder. Humans can be better than this.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Flame away.

Not going to flame. But can you define "A LOT?"

Lol. I've been told by more than one cop, it is common practice to carry a throwaway. Either on their person, or in the cruiser. I knew these cops personally. I don't think they were yanking my chain.
edit on 12/24/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join