It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credible people say they are there, governments say maybe they are there... or not.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The Government Would Never Salvage An UFO And Keep It Secret.

A few days ago I had this interesting debate with a friend of mine about the kept secrets of a government. Because this friend had the enviable experiance to see a strange unexplanable phenomenon in the evening sky I told him that a government has all kinds of reasons to keep such a find from the public.

This friend believes in Ufo's because he did see something that fits the bill... but refuses to belief that these things can crash. Why..? Because the US government has never gave the announcement it has found an UFO. Never has a citizen found a crashed UFO. Therefore Ufo's do not crash and has no government in the world an UFO in possession.

Am I missing something here..? In my experiance everything that can go up can crash down. I belief in UFOs because there are witness accounts from people who are credible people and no fools. I am talking about fighterjet pilots, commercial transportation pilots, astronauts, officers in the armed forces.... and so on. I belief these people.. if not only because there are so many of them.

I try to explain to my friend that a government can have several reasons to keep such a find from the public. First there is the civil peace reason.. In the USA there is the Brookings Rapport which gives advice to keep such information from the public to prevent civil unrest. Then there is the opportunity to learn from the technology and gain the upperhand against enemies of the nation. And there are probably a few other reasons to find..

Then my friend argues with the fact that there is no person in the world or government in the world providing the hard fysical evidence that these Ufos do crash. How can that be..? Do these Ufo's only crash in the USA or at deserted places where there are no witnesses. I must say he makes a valid point there.

Why do some nations in the world come forward with official UFO documentation but never with a smoking gun. Evidence which is so evident that there is no way to deny the little green aliens. Sure there must be footage from a guncamera when a fighterpilot is crambled to intercept an UFO.

There is China, India, Russia and of course the USA.. How can it be that all these countries keep a lid on it..and only give us blurry out of focus questionable stuff? Or should I keep apply oscam razor and can there be only one answer to this question. THERE ISN'T ANY... There is no way there is a global conspiracy.. even the greatest enemies of the "free world" will keep in check when it comes to the release of an undeniable smoking UFO gun to the world?

Anyways.. I drifted a little from the problem.

I belief my friend and all those reliable people when they say to have seen a UFO up close. Although their technology can be 1.000.000 years ahead I do personally belief that these things crash once in the 50 years or so.. and that governments are very interested to study them up close.

But the fact is that we, the common people never have been treated by a government with hard evidence... How do these 'facts' go together? People see them... they are there. And at the same time they are not...because leaders (politicians) in the world say so?

The only thing I can make of it is that there is something going on and that somebody or something with a lot of say is controling it... somebody is hiding something.. and I bet my money that it is a flying saucer.

There is no other way that the two 'facts' can go together for such a long time.

Maybe a little confusing to see my point and understand what I try to explain but if you do.... please feel free to explain what you make of it.

edit on 24/12/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Wouldnt be good for governments to disclose ..
People would panic .. governments and religions would crumble.. humanity far from ready for open contact with extra-terrestrial species ..

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I could accept that reasoning - back in the 50's - 60's when they made the decision to keep it secret. That those were some of the reasons and concerns for not wanting to disclose that we are being visited by something not us, regardless of origin. However, I can't see it today. That that is the reason it is kept secret.

Chances are they are not extraterrestrial in the true sense of the word, but of an origin much closer to home. Alien sure, extraterrestrial? Probably not. Perhaps from an alternate dimension where they can slip through into our space, or from the worlds inner oceans or something. Or just maybe, the governments really are clueless, and have no idea or knowing what they are or where they come from. Just that many people report abductions, terror, and stalking of these strange lights in the skies and the beings they carry with them.

To say the 5% anomalous sightings and encounters are ALL benign and pose no threat though... Is a slap in the face to Dr. Mack and many other scientists who put their lives and work on the line to study this phenomenon.

Searching for ET, But No Evidence Yet

CdT

a reply to: Expat888

edit on 24-12-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: grammar

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Had a few experiences over the years that have shown me such beings do exist .. and not all of them are benevelent .. along with seen some unusual things over the years .. one thing that hasnt changed much is human nature .. yes there is more awareness today and somewhat more acceptance .. but humans are still far too divided .. violent and primitive .. the human race still has much growing up to do ..

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
all that those governments keep secret are their own experiments.
What a damn coincidence.

these website seems to list ufo crashes around the world, take with a pinch of salt of course

www.ufoevidence.org...
www.angelfire.com...

And wouldn't ya know it, all those crashes happen in secluded areas, never close enough to a small town a city, never close to people with cellphones or tablets or cameras, nobody ever gets there before the evil military...
I didn't think aliens could control where they crash land after...losing control of the ship in the first place.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I too have had experiences, which lead me to believe.

What if, in learning we are not alone, it has the opposite effect? What if in learning the truth, humanity decides to set aside it's differences and it draws us together as one species, and the things we thought divided us fall away? Maybe that's the real reason for non-disclosure? Can't have the masses uniting. Bad for business.

I'm really, of the same mind Expat - I just like to debate and argue, and take the opposite side of my own view sometimes.

a reply to: Expat888

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

The politicians and religious leaders would hate humanity uniting and growing up .. theyd all be out of jobs and attending counselling for withdrawel from oppressing the masses ..

Is good way to be / think look at the picture from all angles and question everything ..

Regardless the day will arrive when humanity does finally grow up .. it just wont be anytime soon ..

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I want so much for it to be true. If I could have any wish come true before I died it would be to know that there are in fact beings not from this world that are visiting our world.

But unfortunately, people are just so feeble minded in general and tend to just dream up the most delusional outcomes from even the most mundane occurrences. So all these sightings really don't give me any confidence that it's anything other than just natural phenomenons.

I remember having my mind completely blown from witnessing a giant green fireball in the sky looking like it was coming straight for me. All the things that went though my head that night! Maybe an act from god? Extraterrestrials that were here to abduct me?

It just makes me think about all the people out there that are so easily manipulated and would let there imagination just get carried away and start recounting details of the incident that simply did not occur.

I know this opinion would not be a popular one with people here. But I'm just so sick of hearing about all these witness accounts with out any kind of evidence to back it up. It just brings me to the conclusion that any intelligent life out there really has no interest in visiting us and people are in fact just dreaming this stuff up.

But hopefully someone will prove me wrong eventually and we will see some proof that alien life is visiting us. I won't hold my breath though!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I know this opinion would not be a popular one with people here. But I'm just so sick of hearing about all these witness accounts with out any kind of evidence to back it up. It just brings me to the conclusion that any intelligent life out there really has no interest in visiting us and people are in fact just dreaming this stuff up.

But hopefully someone will prove me wrong eventually and we will see some proof that alien life is visiting us. I won't hold my breath though!!!

I agree 100%. Like Jill Tarter said, if someone comes to you saying that UFOs are proof of alien visitation but have nothing better than a story or some photos or video, demand better evidence.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think that recently we have had the look of an 'Alien' pushed out by films, TV and the internet,

i think the Film 'Paul' Says it best

i think everyone knows what a 'Alien' should look like, and one day there will be disclosure...... or we die, never knowing

hopefully i'll know, and try to tell everyone before i die!

edit on 24/12/14 by Phatdamage because: can't spell

edit on 24/12/14 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that there is other life out there. I also find it hard to believe that with all the credible sightings and witnesses from inside the government itself coming forward, that it's all just B.S. . Now, whether or not the world is ready for open contact, that's another thing all together. I believe we would cope and be better off in the long run, but hey... that's not my call.

All I have to say is this... When it is finally out in the open, I'll be able to say I told you so.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

But if the aliens come from another dimension surely they are still EXTRATERRESTRIAL because they do not actually live on Earth.

edit on 24-12-2014 by ufosareawesome because:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ufosareawesome

Well I guess if your thinking dimension, as way of a stargate. But that isn't what I meant. If the source of UFO's and the occupants some have claimed to be abducted by, are from another dimension, I'm thinking it's still of Earth. Which is why, I believe, when we cracked the atom and started detonating bombs, the UFO flap began. They had to come here, because just perhaps, a nuclear explosion, affects them in their dimension that is still of Earth.

So if there is another world/dimension - right next to us, of sentient, intelligent beings - out of plain sight - but very much connected to this Earth - they might just have a valid reason for invading our dimensional space. They might in their minds, have a valid reason to abduct, conduct research, get in our minds, maybe plant ideas into our heads. That will benefit them and their plight against us and our technology. Which is killing our planet. It may very well be that our ways of utilizing and mining and destroying our Earth, are also destroying the Earth on their side, in their dimension too.

In the end, we might get a rude awakening, that this Earth isn't just ours. We might just share it with non-human intelligent beings we don't know about. (Well honestly, we know, we just ignore what the ancients told us. We pretend they were ignorant fools who didn't know what they were talking about). So if the gates of hell swarm open, and angels/demons, djinn and fae (all alien) swarm forth united to fight us - their common enemy.... We just might deserve it. Particularly if the government knows there are other dimensions and worlds connected to ours, and they continued their testing and bombings, drilling, and polluting - anyway.

Now on that note, I think a watching of the Lord of The Rings Trilogy is in order! lol

CdT

edit on 24-12-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: add

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Why the US Government does what it does about UFO's.

Please forgive my long opinion piece. The best is towards the end.

First let me setup the emotional status of the upper echelon of the US Government, the US Military, and the ordinary world citizens during the war time setting of World War ll. Fear during this period was rampant. Everybody was concerned their country could be attacked by Germany or Japan. This concern was legitimate.

Now let's talk about morality / ethical behavior of the US Government and US Military during this same time period. War has no morality. (I know because I was in combat during the Vietnam War) During war, decisions and logic take on an entirely different way of thinking. This type of logic is not entirely known nor understood by the every day citizen. Let me provide some uncomfortable examples so you can have some kind of understanding:
War wounded to be extracted for medical attention is based on who has the best chance of living after medical attention is given. Those that do not look like they may live after medical attention are left on the battlefield to die and be dealt with after the battle.
If your battlefield location is going to be over run by the enemy the officer in charge of said battlefield location can make the decision to call in a military strike onto his location thereby killing everybody. His people will probably die anyway. So kill as many enemy as possible.

After Germany surrendered, the US Government and US Military identified and combindered Germans who had knowledge and experience to help build the Atomic bomb and rockets. It did not matter these Germans were officially Nazis. Some of these Nazis could have been sent to the Nuremberg trials. (Do you see and understand now how the US Government and US Military thought during those times). By the way, they still do.

I've attempted to give you an understanding of the mentality of that time period.

Let's move onto 1947. It's only two years after WWll. Everyone is still emotionally raw with recent experiences and memories. An unknown crashed craft with dead and living creatures are found near Roswell, NM. Now what do you think would happen if the US Government and US Military decided to be transparent and informed the US citizens as well as the entire world of this event. Photographs of dead and living creatures that were unworldly. Photographs of the craft as well as technology well beyond citizenry understanding. The people around the world already emotionally fragile would have panicked beyond imagination.

So the US Government and the US Military with their war time logic decided what was best for all. Keep silent, retrieve the craft to learn how it works, and communicate with the creatures to learn. I would think the US Government and US Military had to do their best not to panic.

Let's move forward to today. It's my opinion the world citizens are no more ready (even though most know about UFO's and the possibility of extraterrestrials) emotionally nor intellectually ready to be informed about advanced terrestrial or extraterrestrials. It's one thing to say I'm ready and another to deal with it when it happens. The people of the world would panic! Just look at what happened to the people of the world when the Ebola epidemic was underway.

So....thats my opinion why the US Government and US Military does what it does when it comes to dealing with UFO's.
to: zatara

edit on 24-12-2014 by bucsarg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There will never be any kind of disclosure from any government unless their hand is forced. One of the main reasons they will never disclose anything is because they are baffled by the UFO phenomenon as much as we are. They may know more than we do, but I don't think they really understand it. They may have some downed UFOs, and they may have even had some sort of contact with some sort of creature or person, but for the most part they are still as lost as we are. I doubt they know half as much as most people on this forum believes. Do they know something is going on? You better bet they do, and they have known this since at least the 40's. However, just because they know something is going on does not mean they have all the answers. The governments of this world will never admit they don't know what is going on.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CoffeeInMyHand

They may have some downed UFOs, and they may have even had some sort of contact with some sort of creature or person, but for the most part they are still as lost as we are. I doubt they know half as much as most people on this forum believes

I have to agree and consider that New age injecting itself into Ufology in past 20 years has only muddled things worse, and they will never take themselves out of it because the stories they spin (e.g reptilians) are making them money as people actually will pay and go listen to these people, who claim some contact/insider knowledge but not one can show one shred of evidence to back their claims. Ufos are a perplexing mystery and probably will remain that way for a long time.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We can all say that we are ready for DISCLOSURE Hum, may be in the west and that is a big may BE.

Most people out there have no idea what DISCLOSURE really means.

What it means in short is that all you thought you knew is more than likely wrong, science, religion, who your enemy really is, in just about everything.

It means that to ET we are microbes in a Petri Dish and just as helpless, how do you think that will go down, you think you are afraid of Tourists. The worst of whom will seam like angles.

How about a box the size of a match box that can supply all the power you will ever need for $1000USD how do you think that will go down with your government, hell with the economy of the word for that matter.

ET’s name is not Paul and he ant going to be funny and cute.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Should it not be safe to say that if you accept that these things are flying around that they come down too? The most convincing story.. or eye witnees account which did it for me was the one from this astronaut Gordon Cooper. This one sums it up... I guess.

Any reason to doubt this guy and his story? This is not a dude who make these observations in the basement of his moms house while smoking the smelly stuff with his friends...

edit on 25/12/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MAC269
How about a box the size of a match box that can supply all the power you will ever need for $1000USD how do you think that will go down with your government, hell with the economy of the word for that matter.

I actually constantly fantasize about aliens hooking me up with a few million of these boxes, so I can rule the world and solve all the problems on earth, lol.

Anyway............. I doubt simple disclosure would change anything in any huge way. People would probably just keep doing what they do and believing what they believe. After all, everyone expected Darwin's theory of evolution to destroy religious beliefs, but in reality it had little consequence for what most people believe.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The sellouts always say humanity isn't ready for this, as they are too religious, when in reality that situation is fuelled by the lies and control system, not by the people. And those most hypnotised and extremist in their views are still a minority on earth.

The real reason they will not disclose is for absolute power, the power of gods, and that the energies used are infinite and abundant, and would free this world, clean renewable energy at everyone's fingertips, no more water problems, recycling and desalination would be very inexpensive, and piping it in, homes would become greenhouses and food production and energy production places, and cottage industries would flourish. They don't want that. They want diminished humanity as serfs while they are gods.

They want hunger games.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join