It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brotherhood and Equality for all Mankind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I look at this nation and I see a people divided. Divided by race, divided by religion, divided by class.

We are ALL part of this grand cosmic journey that is existence. We are all part of the wheel of life.

We're born, we live, and then we die. I believe that we are reincarnated, but that's neither here nor there.

People these days, they're so concerned with getting to heaven up in the sky, that the sky-god will save them. Ain't no damned skygod going to help no one. We've got to create heaven down here. We've got to make a community that loves eachother, that will stand together in unity, in solidarity.

We need solidarity, goddamn it! Solidarity is key! Unity is key! Brotherhood is key!

We're so busy fighting each other based on skin color, based on gender, based on faith, or orientation that we've forgotten what we are. We're too busy buying and selling greed, and consumerism to look inside our selves and realize that things CAN be different. That we CAN be different.

We WILL be different. If anyone doubts it, they're doubting themselves, not the idea. If anyone doubts the cause, they're doubting themselves. If anyone doubts me, they're doubting themselves, because I'm just a mirror of what society claims is supposed to be right. But it's not the way it's supposed to be.

We've been taken over. We've been taken over by politicians. We've been taken over by the racist, fascist police state. We've been taken over by the people who swore to protect us.

I want to start a political and socioeconomic movement to help people. I want to start a movement to feed people, clothe people, house people. And I want to do it without asking for a single dime.

I don't have the money, but I will find a way, that's a guarantee!

Man isn't meant to fight himself. Man isn't meant to work for the profits of his overlords. Man isn't meant to toil away at pointless jobs that don't even pay enough to feed themselves.

This is going to change. Come hell or high water, I'm going to change it. Not through the brutality of physical violence, but through showing people proof of what we are ALL capable of.

I figure I'll start it grassroots style, in my own hometown, and go from there. One day, you might hear about me, but I don't give a care about what people think of my name. I want them to think of what they're capable of. Because we're all capable of great things, of amazing things we tend to forget in our suburban potemkin villages.

Mankind is better than this, and it WILL change.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grifter42

Ah good morning to you Grifter!

The spirit that you expressed is something that is gaining momentum all over the place!

I am of the opinion that we collectively chose to experience duality and not only that take it to it's absolute extreme!

Beginning with our minds, left vs right, masculine vs feminine. We are experiencing the manifestation of this divide in the tragic events of the world.

It is with the spirit that you are embodying that we shall find our way back to the state of being whole we are all yearning for. It is with passion, passion you clearly possess that change is and will continue to occur. I salute you and all that you have done and will do, it only takes a candle to light a dark room!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'm on your side my friend, keep holding on that light.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If you want people to come together you might want to abandon terms like "Sky God" and other derogatory references to beliefs you don't share. The key to coming together is a mutual respect for others and their beliefs. If you openly show disdain for others you are being counterproductive to your own cause.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If you want people to come together you might want to abandon terms like "Sky God" and other derogatory references to beliefs you don't share. The key to coming together is a mutual respect for others and their beliefs. If you openly show disdain for others you are being counterproductive to your own cause.

It isn't like that. God is inside us all. God is one. We are all one. The universe is one.

But to expect a literal deus ex machina to save us is just a distraction from the potential we all have inside us, the potential of the human spirit.

Religion is divisive, but spirituality is something that should be cherished. There IS a difference. Spirituality to mean is realizing that we are part of something much much bigger than ourselves. That we are all interlocking beautifully carved pieces of the puzzle that is Oneness.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You may be right, but you can't expect people to all believe the same thing as you and by being dismissive of their core belief system you are undermining your own goal. Now if I am misreading your goal and your purpose is to create a homogenous society of people that all agree with your beliefs you can count me out on general principle.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That's not my goal at all!

You paint me as some monster and put words in my mouth. Of course people should be allowed to be who they want to be.

That's a fundamental right of humanity.

My goal is not to create cookie-cutter pod-people. My dream is to create a group that does no harm, one of entirely pacifistic nature, that provides comprehensive and meaningful aide at a community level. People should be allowed to practice what ever religion they want, but there's practicing one's religion, and then there's just practicing your religion to the point where it antagonizes others.

And I do believe in a higher power. One that we are all part of, a grand cosmic vision of such utter magnitude and radiance it can hardly be described.

I have no problem with people believing in Jehovah, Yahweh, Father Divine, Christ, Vishnu, Buddha, and so on.

It's just when they start to ignore the realities of the physical world, the suffering of the physical world, the needless and preventable horrors of the physical world, that disturbs me.

But in my vision, would these people be persecuted? I would rather die. It would go against everything my principles have ever stood for.

Ultimately, I find the belief in a heaven to be counterproductive to creating a better existence in the here and now, in the physical world. I believe in reincarnation, yes, but that's merely because it makes sense to me. I have.. flashbacks.. nightmares.. dreams of being someone else. Living as someone else. Dying as someone else. If I told you what I interpreted those dreams as being, you'd call me crazy, and that would be your right as an equal.

In my vision, there would be no barriers that divide us.

I'd like to share a quote from a poem, Mending Wall.

"Before I built a wall I’d ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offense.
Something there is that doesn’t love a wall,"

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I believe you and I believe in reincarnation as well. My main point is you were trying to start a thread about bringing people together and then used divisive language. I am only trying to help and I certainly support your noble cause.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We are all brothers. Sisters. We're all created from star stuff. From the earth, we're raised and tilled. We're all the same cosmic carbonic matter. It's a beautiful shape to describe, one can't even put it in words.

The concept of enslaving one's spiritual energy to a deity and his son strikes me as unnatural. A religion based on eating of a man's flesh and drinking his blood to gain eternal life. That strikes me as bizarre. Why can we not just exist as part of the same basic matter, the same building blocks and components of each and everyone of us interwoven and interlocked into such complex and confounding shapes that it boggles the mind to comprehend?

top topics

join