It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Twist In Sony / NK Situation: Was The Sony Attack Internal - Made To Look Like NK Did It???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Let us not forget the D.O.J. motto

Never let a crisis go to waste!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Update…

My friend who is a private IT professional who is also part of InfraGuard has confirmed that the "smart money" in cyber security is now also pointing toward an inside job in which North Korea was made to look like the instigator.

He's not normally a conspiracy minded kind of guy, but he has said there are some very strange patterns of attacks going on that appear highly abnormal for typical corporate or state-sponsored attack vectors. Last night there was a flood of probing attacks from Argentina… so much so that it was well-above China in volume of attacks.

More as I know it.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The US is using false pretenses to attack liberties and set up regime changes?

Shocking and unexpected..

I feel some serious deja vu.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It's funny because I was just talking with my brother, and we were discussing the fact that many more people will wish to see the movie now, as opposed to those who would see it if all this had not occurred. And then my brother said the same thing, maybe Sony attacked themselves, simply to drum up publicity. But the US government would definitely know if this was the case, but perhaps they would go along with it simply because it makes North Korea look really bad. Perhaps it is setting the stage for some future action. For instance, a false flag where North Korea is said to have orchestrated an attack, which they've supposedly threatened, at which point action can be taken against them.

But with that said, North Korea probably was angry about this movie. So I definitely think it is possible that they would have attempted to hack Sony because of this movie. If this is the case, the hackers were probably Chinese, or at least trained in China, considering that NK is not really known for its technological sophistication.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Very interesting! Another aspect is that the most evil always attack around a country's religious holidays. And Obama's now in Hawaii, just as he seems to be out-of-the-country for every catastrophe. So ... St. Louis has a new cop-kills-another-black-teen story, the Race War stoking riots continue from New York to Berkeley, Missouri, and the Truth about the Sony hack can now be revealed.

www.yahoo.com...
GOOGLE WEIGHED SECURITY, FREE SPEECH IN MOVE TO STREAM CONTROVERSIAL MOVIE
(Why is this relevant? Because Google's Eric Schmidt made a secret trip to North Korea a year or so ago.)

And other posters may be right too. That the government's real goal is to continue "limiting" the Internet:

thehill.com...
FCC WILL END UP ON GOP NAUGHTY LIST
"Regardless of its decision on how best to handle the so-called “net neutrality” issue, banner-waving meeting crashers are the least of the Commission’s worries. If, as expected, the FCC imposes rules that result in a greater regulatory burden on Internet companies, its biggest foe is going to be the U.S. Congress.

"Given that the new Republican majority believes that it was given a mandate to overhaul the way D.C. operates, along with a number of tools for making regulators excessively uncomfortable, this isn’t something the FCC should take lightly.

And then there is THIS published in the NY Times just a few days ago:

bits.blogs.nytimes.com...
THE LESSON OF THE SONY HACK: WE SHOULD ALL JUMP TO THE 'ERASABLE INTERNET'

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What saddens me is the SHEER number of excuse's being made for the NK despotic regime.

I don't get it.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I had a feeling that it was an inside job from the start. It sounded like a publicity stunt that had gone wrong. I also wouldn't doubt that they have a politician in their pockets to get some sort of legislation passed and this was just a pretense.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Several security experts said this for some days already.

There is NO evidence the hack was "possibly" coming "from the NK government", NOTHING, except a statement by the very well Mr. "Unnamed Official" ("who does not know him...?") "on account of anonymity".

However, there are MANY indications the hack was an insider job, too technical to go into detail here.

Also...it was about a decade ago when the US military faced it's first major and at this time largest massive hack. Back at that time they concluded it was a massive cyber-attack conducted by Iran. This was what the press, the FBI, NSA and other three letter agencies believed after their investigation.

Turns out it was a teenage hacker from Israel.

It's worse seeing the public swallowing all that garbage about this "NK hack" OVER A MOVIE instantly with the most low of the idiots even making comments like "we should nuke NK".

edit on 12/24/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I also wouldn't doubt that they have a politician in their pockets to get some sort of legislation passed and this was just a pretense.

Maybe start googling "head of the MPAA", to give you a hint : ) (As if this wouldn't be absurd enough...)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

I'll do that. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No we all didn't go for the lies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course we should ALWAYS wait for conclusive evidence one way or another

AND NEVER EVER BELIEVE THE GOVERNMENT

When are Americans ever going to learn this?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

"What saddens me is the SHEER number of excuse's being made for the NK despotic regime. I don't get it. "

Yes, N. Korea is a Human Rights disaster. But it is strategically important in a geo-political sense. It's northern neighbor is another Superpower - China. And we have troops still in cyber-sophisticated South Korea - from which we can keep an eye on China.

Our military presence there is probably also comforting to Japan and Taiwan, as a "virtual protection" from China's expansionist ideas. (Japan and China are already battling over tiny islands between them.)

Plus, North Korea has no valuable resources beyond starving people - which the greedy and soul-less global elitists have no use for.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There's been something about this that may be preferable, but with the initial blame being placed on NK then being slammed. The idea that NK couldn't have done it (or been the puppets of China, maybe even partners in it) is not an idea that I cannot get behind.

Especially if donated from China, laptops are very very inexpensive.

Programming is my forte. Networking and Network Forensics are not. However, it truly does not take a cray to either kick of scripts or even send commands to zombies. As it is, I routinely work from home. A high end consumer machine, not even a LAN port or CD/DVD reader, my laptop is a Best Buy. I routinely get online by means of VPN and execute powerful database queries, as well as compile and test code.

Unless a network guru / hacker comes in and slams me with factors I am not aware of I believe there is no reason why NK couldn't have done this, not at all.

I am in no way claiming that the OP' is incorrect, the sources are incorrect or anything else. I just wanted to get this off my chest.

-NK

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

North Korea LOL

Yeah the Same Orwellian Nation that Sent War Threats to South Korea & America (USA) Through a Fricken Vintage Fax Machine! a Year back! .2013..

North Korea’s Weapon of Choice: The Fax Machine
blogs.wsj.com...

North Korea sends fax threatening to strike South Korea 'without notice': report
www.nbcnews.com...

North Korea Sends Very Threatening Message. By Fax.
abcnews.go.com...

Wow What Do you Expect from a Isolated Orwellian ( REAL LIFE George Orwell 1984 Society ) Country .. Thinking Their GREAT LEADER is Like a Living GOD!
The Complete Trinity ...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Good thread...

This result is honestly unsurprising, but i do not think, as some have claimed, that this is a publicity stunt or an event orchestrated by Sony. The US government? Possibly. North Korea? Not likely. A former employee? Maybe. Sony? No.

Sony has suffered drastically as a result of the hacks, and i'd wager that no amount of reputational damage in the media is worth some extra publicity for a Seth Rogen movie...That said, North Korea had nothing to gain in hacking Sony, and the US government has everything to gain through the way of legislation...Obama even made an implicit reference to potential bills in his end-of-year address...

We'll see where this goes, but it is an interesting turn nonetheless. At least the media is actually reporting on multiple angles.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is just another world mystery folks…like the Malaysian planes, 911, the Kennedy assassination, the aliens, etc., on and on.

This seems to be the age of mystery

Another riddle for us to chew on that never gets solved

Until one fine day we may become the chewee

Until they stop

Then we will know hu they are

edit on 24-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is not shocking. I made a post and mentioned that this has all the hallmarks of an inside job.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Everyone seems to keep thinking it was a simple attack done with computers.
People forget there are others ways of hacking by simple social engineering and plain old dumpster diving for information.
This former employee may have been contacted by some with an offer of money for her old passwords. Which were probably not changed after she was fired. Or It may have been simple revenge. "Hey wanna get back at the company that fired you"? etc.

I doubt it was a deliberate inside job done by Sony as a publicity stunt for a bad movie. They actually stand to make more money if they movie tanks. It's more valuable as a tax write off that way. I know that sounds weird but if you want a real conspiracy delve into the murky world of Hollywood accounting practices.
I used to work IT for a few smaller studios and I got to see all the accounting documents.
It was so shady it would make the mob blush.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

North Korea is a problem state. i would support kicking their regime off the globe just on general principle.

So would most people.

Do we really need a false flag op to eliminate the most hostile, genocidal, human rights violating regime left on earth?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

"Happy Xmas & Prosperous New Year etc."
Sure the so called 'Hacking' was not a buckshee publicity stunt for the Movie ?????, 'Don't pay to advertise, just soak the media News office with such' ? Just a Guess, bye

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join