It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Twist In Sony / NK Situation: Was The Sony Attack Internal - Made To Look Like NK Did It???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Hi again ATS.

This one is going to be short and to the point because it's late and my mind is too weary to try and fit the pieces together right now. But I still felt like it was worth adding this piece to the puzzle.

Many of us became familiar with Norse ( IPViking ) during the DDoS issues a week or two back. We watched as the map lit up and had a first hand look at what global Cyberwar looks like. Ever since many of us have been digging deep to try to find answers. Well Norse, the company that we all relied upon for those pretty maps and real time information has done their own investigation and come up with a startling and shocking conclusion...

Sony attacked itself. Well, rather a former long term employee of their Los Angeles office, who is being referred to by the hacker alias of "Lena" did it. The article claims that Lena claims she is connected to the Guardians of Peace - the group that officially claimed responsibility.

From the newest article:

"We are very confident that this was not an attack master-minded by North Korea and that insiders were key to the implementation of one of the most devastating attacks in history," said Stammberger.

He says Norse data is pointing towards a woman who calls herself "Lena" and claims to be connected with the so-called "Guardians of Peace" hacking group. Norse believes it's identified this woman as someone who worked at Sony in Los Angeles for ten years until leaving the company this past May.

"This woman was in precisely the right position and had the deep technical background she would need to locate the specific servers that were compromised," Stammberger told me.

Source

Now... this kind of flies in the face of the story we were just given a few days ago - the definitive statement:

As a result of our investigation, and in close collaboration with other U.S. government departments and agencies, the FBI now has enough information to conclude that the North Korean government is responsible for these actions.

Source

The first article mentions that the hack was not about the upcoming and now very controversial film The Interview at all, but that the GoP and Lena simply wanted to blackmail Sony in exchange for not releasing embarrassing information ( All of which apparently leaked anyway ).

Is it plausible that a disgruntled ex-employee with a little know how could have triggered a global Cyberwar and raised the level of tension, everywhere, to a near breaking level? And, if so, why is this woman NOT on every news feed and program in the world, in handcuffs, being paraded as ground zero for such massive chaos??? The article makes it clear that Sony ( and presumably the FBI ) know exactly who this person is and how to reach or find her.

Or does Cyberspace now have it's own version of Lee Harvey Oswald? The supposed lone gun nut who changed the world with a single act?

Those of us who watched the attacks in real time can attest that neither Los Angeles, nor Japan were targeted and that countless .mil IP's were involved in the DDoS Cyberwar - one unprecedented.

I'm not one for using cliche's if I can avoid them - particularly not conspiracy related cliche's... but this rabbit hole is far deeper than we thought and has enough tunnels to boggle the mind.

That's what I want to know.

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You know what saddens me? people bought into the NK attack hook line and sinker just because the government told them so. even on ATS, so much for critical thinking.
right off to trust the government, the same one that told you there were weapons of mass distruction, the government of "we are not reading your emails" and "you can keep your doctor if you like it!" the government that thinks julian assange is a terrorist and that the people that caused the recession need bail out.
That is the government you guys trust?
Good to know. I'm sure you will be fine.
Also NK got internet what 5 years ago? they are probably still using 56K modems

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
That seems more plausible than the NK crack hacking squad being involved.

Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Don't count your chickens just yet. Another massive attack from China is happening right now.

edit on 12/24/14 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Norse believes it's identified this woman as someone who worked at Sony in Los Angeles for ten years until leaving the company this past May.

The article doesn't make it clear that Sony ( and presumably the FBI ) know who was behind it. "Believes" makes it sound like they aren't 100% sure & cannot prove it that'd be why no arrest etc.

Where does it say the embarassing information leaked?
What was the embarassing information "that apparently leaked anyway"?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It amazes me how well propaganda works!

For whatever reason people are still quick to jump when the MSM says to.

It is my hope that events like these in which it is all too obvious people will begin to critically think. I did see many people posting on FB about how it is marketing to sell the movie, which is a start as this is definitely an additional perk. The real issue is CISPA like legislation being passed.

They honestly could not make it anymore obvious!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amWednesday2 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
Don't count your chickens just yet. Another massive attack from China is happening right now.

The attacks from China have been on the increase for the last few days. I posted in another thread about them, also another good link is the real time web monitor, it shows what percentage of the traffic is attacks. Can't check it myself now, on my phone, but if you change it to attacks it'll show the average. It was 19% above average 2 nights ago.
edit on 24-12-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Expect net nuetrality legislstion .. more loss of privacy - online and offline .. anti-hacking .. anti-piracy and copyright legislation .. all done while sony and dizzy city laugh at the people who believe the bovine fecal matter put out to distract them ..

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

The things you list, I'm afraid, I believe to be much less evil than the reality. Assuming that these events are orchestrated, given the sheer magnitude and frequency of these attacks, either we are seeing the excuse for "Internet 2.0" - which will be much like the AOL, Compuserve, or Prodigy of yesteryear... A pay per play limited and tiered access system that not only forces the consumer to pay far more for much less - but also eliminates virtually all of the non-corporate sites from the Internet. Those who cannot pay outrageous hosting fees for the "added security" will not be see, Bloggers, sites like ATS, and all the cool little corners of the Internet will disappear.

The other viable scenario, IMO, is that this is an excuse for basically the nations that make up the Permanent UN Security Council to find the limits of Cyberwarfare. Think nuclear testing, only with collusion and without all the nasty fallout. Most people living their day to day lives aren't even aware this is happening. It's only noticed by those of us who pay attention as a hobby or career.

The final option - the one I fear the least actually - is that we are actually engaged in a clandestine and secret Cyberwar.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanaDambi

Norse believes it's identified this woman as someone who worked at Sony in Los Angeles for ten years until leaving the company this past May.

The article doesn't make it clear that Sony ( and presumably the FBI ) know who was behind it. "Believes" makes it sound like they aren't 100% sure & cannot prove it that'd be why no arrest etc.

Where does it say the embarassing information leaked?
What was the embarassing information "that apparently leaked anyway"?

Oh they know...I suspect they've known for quite some time now.

This has been a joke from the get go, sad really just how transparent this has been and Im no IT guru.

Personally, I think Sony is working with our government to get control of the Internet for financial and censorship purposes. Sony of course needs some compensation for tarnishing their name temporarily hence the viral marketing for some stupid mindless comedy where a couple jerkoffs set out to assassinate a world leader.......funny huh?

Oh, I just wanted to add, no surprise at all that suddenly the official version is changing. I was on my home from work the day before yesterday and the radio DJ who did have a background in IT was bashing the official story. I was a little surprised to be honest and now we get this twist.
edit on 24-12-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

It amazes me how well propaganda works!

For whatever reason people are still quick to jump when the MSM says to.

It is my hope that events like these in which it is all too obvious people will begin to critically think. I did see many people posting on FB about how it is marketing to sell the movie, which is a start as this is definitely an additional perk. The real issue is CISPA like legislation being passed.

They honestly could not make it anymore obvious!

Kinda like race baiting in Fergueson. Hindsight being 20/20, im a little disappointed knowing the playbook. Takes all the fun out of it. A part of me wishes they'd change it up a bit.

Is it just me or was the Chenney, err I mean Bush Administration much better at this?
edit on 24-12-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

It has become far to obvious my friend!

I think that part of it is that they do not care anymore. It is time to make moves, due to the fact that everything they have been working towards is crumbling.

When it comes to the international politics, I am amazed at how if they simply stop talking about it, it is like it never happened. I am still waiting on proof of Russia taking out MH17, not to derail, it is just amazing how naive people in Murica can be.

I have a very simple approach to the MSM 24 hour script, I disregard it and everything people have to say in regards to it.

Honestly that is the only good thing about watching the MSM, it is like being an insider and they are telling you the cover story!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amWednesday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Funny thing. I own two televisions and never watch either of them. LOL

I stream the shows I want to watch to my computer and get all of my news from a plethora of online sources including Reuters, AP, social media, and some mainstream online new sites.

Often I'll know of a story a couple of hours before I bother writing an OP - waiting for a reliable source to post the story so that I don't get caught in the trap of arguing over the veracity of the source.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Without looking too deeply, my first thoughts were publicity stunt by Sony.

Now I haven't paid too much attention to the events as they have developed, but if it was a stunt, then it certainly backfired.

Good to see you back with a vengeance Heff, and after reading your Miracle thread all I can say is keep up the good work my friend.

You know the alphabet agencies motto, "never let a good crisis go to waste" points to agency involvement, or collusion.

This does seem like a taster for what is to come.

Peace

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

And you do a great job by taking the time to wait for a reliable source!

It is one of the finer things I have learned at ATS, that being the ability to read between the lines!

It has been a couple years since I have watched cable t.v. aside from those brief moments when it is forced upon you by visiting people or eating at restaurant that has no class!

One thing that I have noticed, is that my brain actually hurts when the commercials happen at me. I feel bad for those who are unwittingly filling the unconscious with so much crap!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amWednesday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The long answer is OF COURSE.
Who else would benefit from such nonsense?
Kim Jong Il?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
they do say every war starts because of a false flag

maybe there is more to this story than MSM are pulling from the air,

i guess we have to wait to see how the next 24 - 36 hours pan out and if the 'Gaudians of Peace' fulfil their threats..... then watch MSM blame NK and this woman will never be seen again.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
in fact..

do we know any more about this "Lena" woman?

can anyone do some digging? if she worked at Sony wouldn't her name appear on something?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think the whole thing is a hoax and a publicity stunt for the premiere of the movie. Now everyone and their dog will go and see it.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
I think the whole thing is a hoax and a publicity stunt for the premiere of the movie. Now everyone and their dog will go and see it.

I think it goes well beyond merely being a publicity stunt. We know that the State Department was communicating with Sony, and had at least some influence over scenes in The Interview. Before they decided to change their story, the FBI was the first group to say there was no evidence that North Korea was behind the hack.

My money is on the whole thing being a joint operation between Sony and the U.S. government. Sony gets unparalleled publicity, and the U.S. gets an opportunity to field test their new method of shutting down an entire nation's internet, which if done openly, would be considered an act of war. North Korea makes the perfect scapegoat, because popular opinion is already against them, if they deny it, nobody would believe them, and they don't have the resources to do a damn thing about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join