It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW: Men Going Their Own Way

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
just throwing this out there...you guys know this is more an american problem?
maybe in america you need to stop being less agressive and learn to communicate more.

It mostly is and all these things originate in the USA but unfortunately many of these things are spreading to Europe, think of PUA, MGTOW (the brother of a friend of mine has become one, apparently) and MRA.

I didn't know what MRA was or the other parts of the manosphere for that matter but one guy really blew my mind when he tried to explain how women shouldn't be voting and be discriminated against because of the Titanic. I honestly missed all logic in that. On another occasion he said women should be discriminated against and oppressed because men sometimes fight in a war (though he never was close to any) so they should have someone to bully or something as a comfort.

In recent years I've heard more than enough weird things, even here. Now that I know of this manosphere I can place it in its context. They think all these things before they ever had a wife or real relationship. These are mostly young dudes who for whatever reason feel the need to embrace these ''philosophies''. It's their right of course. I just find it a shame that it has to go with so much contempt and basically gender-based hate. I think they damage themselves that way.
edit on 24-12-2014 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A man is not complete until he is married...

then he's finished.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

you have that many exwives?

maybe your the problem or a poor judge of character

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

It did not originate in the USA.

Have you forgotten about all the British women authors, the suffragettes, two world wars, etc?

It is not some conscious creation. It is cause and effect, condition and response, a little nature and nurture, action and reaction. There is a roll on effect.

In the UK it is most demonstrated I assure you. I live in a very traditional and rural place, usually the last to catch on. It is as obvious here as London or New York. The media and the hive mind of the internet are making sure of that.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou
So much misogyny here
The inability to look beyond your own projections and bad experiences. It really isn't helping anyone.

Perhaps. But perhaps the "inability" lays in really knowing what is going on with the world, as a result of mass media coupled with the general castigation of men. Who is projecting here?

originally posted by: Pitou
It really isn't helping anyone.

I don't remember men asking for help. What I have seen is three generations of feminists destroying the idea of men all in the name of "helping". But maybe you are right. Perhaps I am suffering from some delusion. What test can we generate to prove it one way or the other. All the car commercials and cell-phone commercials start using food, instead of sex, to sell their products. If what is being stated by me is false, then sales will go up.

Meanwhile this is a shot from a UK show that recreated what being initiated into a female gang is like. A soap opera no less. How is it that such a modern culture is exhibiting reflashes of very primitive behavior? I will stick with my thesis, pending substantial evidence to the contrary.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Single straight conservative white men are the most oppressed minority in America. Well from reading ATS that's the impression I'm getting. What a whiney, paranoid sorry excuse for men, some are here .Jealous of the fact they haven't been persecuted for their race or sexuality and can't have their own movements or parades. It's pathetic, no wonder women arnt interested in you. Your still craving for your mother to call you her "special little soldier" and tell you what a tough little guy you are.

Have ex-wives in u.s .. europe.. and asia .. two are diagnosed sociopaths .. six cheated .. three died .. last two mistook me for a walking a.t.m ..
Dont need the lies.. deciet and bull# from women and refuse to put up with it. And no Im not a white male am japanese . So take your politically correct feminist inspired drivel and shove it .. women are far from being the damn saints that you lot try to make them out to be ...

Seriously..You've Married 11 times?...At no point did you ever think maybe this marriage game aint for you..lol

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Pitou
I just sounds all so childish.
You know how in old movies kids would have a tree-house with the sign saying "no girls allowed"?
That's how this thing feels...just that the "kids" are 30 year old men, that got screwed over once and now love to generalize.
Maybe don't rush into things, maybe don't pick up girls when you are drunk or on coc aine or lsd, maybe approach a girl when you can have a sober conversation, maybe cater to her needs.
i 've treated all the women i have been with like queens, and even when it was all over, we parted ways with respect. i still speak to most of my exes to this day, and frankly there is nothing special about me at all, i just try to be a grownup and not typecast all women into a category.
All women are wh0res!
All blacks steal!
Same kind of ignorance behind both statements.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse
I dont think anyone is saying all wimmen are whores. it's just us wild stallions refuse to be saddled...we have to run free.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Glutton for punishment .. and gave chances when shouldnt have .. learned my lesson NEVER again on marriage .. out of all of them the only one that miss is the irish one that was killed in N.I. during the troubles ..
Now enjoy my freedom ., not to mention at 71 between my p.t.s.d from four tours in vietnam with s.o.g .. being a cynical old bastard due to having seen far too much of the dark side of human nature in vietnam and over the years since in war zones and disaster areas around the world .. gotten to prefer solitude over dealing with people .. it nice to be able to sit back with a good cigar .. drink .. and not get nagged to death .. at least for my four oldest adopted kids things worked out better theyre all happily married with children of their own ( 1 grandson and in three months a granddaughter to spoil when I visit .. )
For some it works .. for me it doesnt and never will .. speaking of drinks .. time to chase down the beergirl and order another ..

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
4 tours of Vietnam or 11 wives...Choices choices...I'll take Nam any day of the week. Glad to see you reached 71 years of age and still have all your faculties in place. lesser Men would be committed to a insane asylum after the first 3.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The fact of the matter is people change throughout their lives.

The person you are when you get married may not be the same person after 5, 10, or 15 years. Life is gonna change you. Same is true for your spouse. Plus, women are just expensive, even if they aren't high maintenance. And all it takes is for one of your wifes friends to talk her into how she is being mistreated and deserves more and bam, all of a sudden you're out of a family and having to send every spare penny you make to her so she can spend it on nice clothes and getting her nails did.

When you get married you are going to either grow together or grow apart. I shake my head when I see a young couple having problems and think that having a baby will make them suddenly get along. I see it happen way too often.

Personally, I think people should just shack up and not get married. If things go south later you can just go your seperate ways and not have that peice of paper holding you back. Besides its not that much of a tax break really.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Ha ha ha . But men can still lift heavy things .

So can women.

PMSL....excellent. Yeah, when a woman feels the urge she could beat you to death with a Sofa.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

This is what happened last time money was about sex, and not food. Institutions of higher learning are wife factories. And only the wealthy could afford one. Weren't there a lot of stories last year about young girls selling their virginity in online auctions?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy
Weren't there a lot of stories last year about young girls selling their virginity in online auctions?

Mike Grouchy

Yeah, Sure was..Being the canny Scot i am i waited until the January sales and scored a buy one get one free offer.

edit on 24-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Me and my current s/o both dislike the idea of marriage, and kids. Her more so on the kids thing (I do want kids at some point). We're both fine with that at the moment. My ex on the other hand sounds like the woman a lot of you guys are describing. Get the hell out of that and find a good one. I agree with the risk too, a woman can take a man for everything he has got. I used to work with a guy who went through a divorce with a crazy lady. He fought so hard to see his kids. He eventually got a little bit of custody. But the man is basically working to pay child support cheques to his wife and her new husband. They get the kids, and the money, and he works his ass off and sees his kids once or twice a month. Can barely afford to pay his bills. And still manages to give his kids a good time when they see him.

This woman lied outright in court. His word meant nothing against hers. She was bat# insane and the court took her side. He told me at one point when we had went on a coffee break that he seriously considered killing himself, but didn't want to leave his kids. I think he got more custody of them after, he's a really nice guy.

Lots of people have clean breaks, do whats best for the kids and move on. Or you can get a krakken from the depths of the sea that will try to tear you apart. So i totally get it, why put yourself and your sanity and life at risk unless there are prenups involved. No one would ever get in the way of me seeing my kids (if i had them). So when equal representation happens in divorce courts, i'll marry.
edit on 24/12/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I just see that marriage was hard when there was one bread winner and now we are supposed to actually handle a more sophisticated world with two. The world is waay too complicated to have children now, and finances are the main reason why couples argue. Before, you met your high school sweetheart and that was it. But the trend now is to continue the exposure to hand picked males all the way to employment. But the problem is that women and men seem to hold out for something better and end up settling because of women's biological clocks. I'm sure someone will find a correlation with the thought process women go through in shopping for items with how they "shop" for men.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
a reply to: ghostrager

Personaly ive noticed more and more women especialy younger generations NOT THAT I PREY ON YOUNG NAIVE WOMEN LOL are becoming brainwashed in far greater numbers than before. And its not just material stuff like cars, jewelery etc its also this celebrity driven bull# ive noticed invading their minds at a younger age. They honestly just seem totaly delusional, its like they are actualy trying to live the lives of their idols they see on TV and in magazines, kinda scary to be honest and I just cant be F***d with any of that nonsense.

Last few women Ive had time to date I ended it for this exact reason. Also I prefer not to have to trade in my Cutlass for a minivan she still wouldn't let me paint up like I would want. With the world as messed up as it is there needs to be people concentrating on fixing what is already here than chasing some fairy tale dream they`ve from movies and tv shows.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emeraldous
I just see that marriage was hard when there was one bread winner and now we are supposed to actually handle a more sophisticated world with two. The world is waay too complicated to have children now, and finances are the main reason why couples argue. Before, you met your high school sweetheart and that was it. But the trend now is to continue the exposure to hand picked males all the way to employment. But the problem is that women and men seem to hold out for something better and end up settling because of women's biological clocks. I'm sure someone will find a correlation with the thought process women go through in shopping for items with how they "shop" for men.

Money is the #1 cause of arguments. It really is. A world without money is a happy world.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Might as well seeing no-one else is bringing it up..Hold me in Pants...Do you really believe us men wont notice when it comes to the time.
Trust me. I dont care how long i've gotten to know you, i dont care if you are a nice enough person. When you take those Hold me ins off and spread out on my bed like a lump of Magic Putty you will be dumped on the spot. not because you have a fat ares, but because you have deceived.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join