It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA attacked SONY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Could it be possible that the USA attacked SONY and then blamed North Korea?

If so then what could be the motives behind such tactical engagement?

Could it the same motives as that of supplying rebels in Libya to overthrow Gaddafi's regime?

Could it be the same motives as that of assisting the overthrow of the Ukrainiam Government?

Puppets and Strings

This is now becoming a common tactic. What we have is fabricated intel, propagated by western media of North Korean theats. What if kim jong un was not involed as has been perpetrated? North Korea denies 'righteous' hack attack on Sony

So, could it be possible that the US just took down the North Korean internet after hacking SONY and then blaming kim jong un's regime as part of a much larger and tactical plan?

Food for thought..

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EsotericGod

sure.
But it could have been anybody.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Sony hacked themselves to stir interest, then blacked out NK to prove a point. Marketing genious, and according to our POTUS, only vandalism. NK got punked. Major Tech Corporations have unlimited funds and abilities to pull off such foolishness, especially to promote a foolish movie. NK cannot even hold a candle to Sony, as Sony just proved they can run circles around NK, and avoid any punishment. Plus whatever it cost, whoever they paid, Sony will make Million$ back from the movie. Probably the best prank pulled off in a while, but certainly not the last. Poking an unstable regime will bite someone, someday.

Of course this is my guess, no proof, but it makes sense, at least to me.

edit on 23-12-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Motive?

maybe control of the internet.

establish security reasons.

then pass knee-jerk laws on a temporary basis that become permanent.

there *ARE* some ongoing issues with paid-for higher speed throttled gateways.

could be power grab.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This piece has a lot of answers for a lot of the dots we have been trying to connect . NK and the Sony hack is in there but there are may big surprises .Be sure to read through to the link for the PDF . It's a 20 some page read but worth every bit the time .. enjoy www.informationclearinghouse.info... a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Am reading....

Interesting.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
heard it was a security issue with x-employee

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The Sony "hack" was a brilliant PR stunt if you really think about it. Now everybody is going to watch "The Interview" just to see what all the fuss was about. Without the help of the news this movie was likely to be a flop and sell more in bluray/dvd's then it was set to make at the box office.

Don't get me wrong I don't think this was the only motive behind this stunt. I think there are many players that will benefit from this move that have yet to be revealed. I am sure this will also be used as a key talking point whenever new legislation comes to the floor in favor of more strict cyber security.

All has a certain aroma to it really....eau de bs!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It was my first thought...

Just the next step in taking away liberties...

Pat-downs at the movies.. Then the malls... And so on...

Remember they are playing for all the marbles and they stage stuff over a long time to get us sheep used to the idea of being afraid to step outside our house...
edit on 23-12-2014 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It could have been anyone. The US could be guilty of pinning it on the NK government and using inadequate evidence to prove it. Just because someone is using a NK address does not mean it is their government. It could be hacked computers that age being redirected.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Yep. There are a lot of different possibilities for who did the hack. For my point of view, I wonder if Hollywood power brokers may have engaged outside hacker assistance to bring Sony to its knees, you know, like happened to Iran's nuke work.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I had thought about the modern day CIA, from that of the 1980's and I asked myself what they wanted and all of a sudden it came to me. Fear paranoia and dillusions. A attack on Sony and the blame it on North Korea would fit right in.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
To all those who think it as a "PR stunt", you have no idea about the amount and sensitivity of information that was leaked.
I hate this comparison (I really do), but just from what we know now (based on a TINY fraction of the information made available) this was like a digital 9/11 for SONY. Picture a multi-billion company like SONY and ALL their information on their network, 10000s of employee data, health data, contracts, personal emails, PASSWORDS FOR HUNDREDS OF THEIR INTERNAL SYSTEMS, passwords for even more other accounts, financial, CC information, SSI etc....I repeat...calling this a "digital 9/11" would fit. THEN you realize that no company would have done this as a PR stunt.

If it was planned as a PR stunt....then it was one which got out of control at some point.
edit on 12/24/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join