It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sickening Racist Song At Charity Held By LAPD Cop, Celebrates the Death of Mike Brown

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I just shared something to answer your question.

I don't think it warranted a Nelson Mandela hate rant to be honest.

Thanks for the history lesson.

I don't hate mandela, just like I don't hate pinnochio, obama, harper or any politician. Puppets are just that... puppets. However, there is a history with mandela that isn't promoted in the mainstream media, it isn't even talked about as it would destroy another false icon. The world at least from the political spectrum is a total fraud.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rival

Yep, you're exactly right.

The good thing is that people are at least starting to turn against the celebration of authoritarianism that's been around since 2001. I think it's horrible that it's getting generalized to all police, though. There are plenty of good police officers that none of us will ever hear anything about, and they risk their lives for a crappy paycheck.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I say call out the hellhounds.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You are wrong on this. i am a supporter of the police and what they have to do in the line of duty but the mike brown case is one of these few percent of cases where the got it wrong through cover ups and lies. People are pissed and we have an obligation to stay spiritually true to the rules of justice. I just do not see the violence ending unless we get justice in that case. While the comment you made is technically correct but it will just perpetuate the violence.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: mikell
It's America don't like it leave.

Lol. I love this argument. The height of intellectualism. 'This is 'murica. You don't like it? Giiit ouutt.'

Humorous when people actually use arguments which are so easily parodied.

The sad (or scary) part is how many stars that comment got. A parody that forgot it's a parody...

What happened to this site? Almost every thread now looks like the comments section from CNN articles. The level of Stupid is at an all-time high. SkepticOverlord recently commented about how the new layout has attracted hundreds of new subscribers, but in that same period the quality of thought in posts has taken a nosedive. I dunno, maybe it's time to take a break for a while, or look for someplace new. It's only getting worse around here.
edit on 12 23 2014 by Son of Will because: Reply is bugged for mobiles

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Very much in poor taste although the pro Brown people are still far and away the worst perpetrators of callousness and disgusting behavior and asocial attitudes. Brown was responsible for his own death and would have been a major problem to society the way he acted and the way he was. I won't celebrate his death or mourn his loss.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
I read your post and decided to google/ How many laws are on the books in the U.S ? I read one from US.gov that said its complicated. Another said that the library of congress doesn't know. Now that right there tells me that there is a real problem.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I'm sorry. While I agree that the song is horribly inappropriate, I'm struggling to find the sickening racism you refer to. Is calling a thug a thug racist now if the thug happens to be black?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I have no doubt somebody somewhere will be/is offended by this song. but I don't think it's racist. I don't think there's any threats in it. I don't think it's "more vile" or "less vile" than many other comments, including the one I mentioned. But nothing illegal was said. Nothing illegal was done. I'm not sure what I'm wrong about, as it's pretty cut and dry as to whether this song broke any laws or rules, rather than just common sense and good taste.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
And what about Kanye West, and his rap that is anti white?

Or what about other songs that are for killing cops, or glorifying bad behavior? Should there not be an outrage about such, or is this a one way street?

We can not have it one way and not the other. One cannot complain if the message of one song is wrong, while allowing for more offensive songs to continue on all in the name of free speech. The song that is in question falls under that same protection.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

to quote RATM,

"Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses."

Have some pride and type out their real name, "Rage Against The Machine" for those that have not heard of them so they can be discovered by music lovers. Awesome group and appropriate quote

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

I wouldn't have answered the question either...
It was an attempt to derail the thread from what the OP was talking about.

It is called deflecting.

Actually the question you're endorsing was the deflection.

This thread isn't about the cop killers facebook & Instagram outbursts...
& it's nothing to do with what protesters are chanting...

If you want to discuss that, make a thread about it.

Otherwise you're just continuing the derailment of the thread.

I fully appreciate you saying that. I know it should go without saying, but apparently it doesn't. Top bloke.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: mikell
It's America don't like it leave.

Lol. I love this argument. The height of intellectualism. 'This is 'murica. You don't like it? Giiit ouutt.'

Humorous when people actually use arguments which are so easily parodied.

Lol I don't even live in America for a start. I live in another Hell Hole called the UK. We're doing just greaaaat. Probably about to vote in some facists next year.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I have no doubt somebody somewhere will be/is offended by this song. but I don't think it's racist. I don't think there's any threats in it. I don't think it's "more vile" or "less vile" than many other comments, including the one I mentioned. But nothing illegal was said. Nothing illegal was done. I'm not sure what I'm wrong about, as it's pretty cut and dry as to whether this song broke any laws or rules, rather than just common sense and good taste.

Yea i do not think any laws were broken either but i know it could very well leed to laws being broken. I do not think now is the time to be pushing the envolope of peoples tipping point.

But on the other hand many department rules and moral standards were broke and because police are held to higher standards if they do not deal with it appropiately then others will.
edit on 24-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

what rules were broken? Are you suggesting that departments have rules about whether you can be in the room with somebody who is singing a song that other people may not like? Do you even know what departments the serving officers were from?

I think it far more likely that comments like "put wings on pigs" are going to incite acts of violence than this song will.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

They are eaqually inflamatory. Where are the wings on pigs guys?
One is dead and the other posting on fb is or was in county.
YES cops have to take the moral highground on this.
duh

eta do not kidd yourself about it mattering where the cops are from or what color skin they have. The latest killer did not bother to notice and most people have now lumped all cops together much the same way that many feel all blacks have been lumped together.

the difference in the two comments is that one saying one comment ended up in jail and another got high fives.

Now if cops do not deal with it right then someone will feel that it is their job to deal with it. There is no shortage of insane or crazy folks.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

And the one who ended up in jail will likely get handsomely compensated for his time detained. Should he have been arrested in the first place? No, not unless his comments caused others to do something. Which I've already stated

I didn't see any high fives in the video, did you? In fact, I heard a lot of people talking while the song was being played so it seems to me that at least some portion of the people there weren't even paying attention to it.

I'm not kidding myself about anything. You said the officers present broke rules and standards, and I'm asking how you know that, and how you can possibly know what departments the officers were from, much less what those departments' "rules and standards" are.

What were the officers who were present supposed to do? On the one hand, you're saying that the gent who posted "put wings on pigs" had his rights trampled and got locked up for it, and I agree with that. So were these officers supposed to take away this gent's right to sing whatever he wanted? So it's not okay to take away one person's right to say whatever they want, but it IS okay to take away somebody else's, because there were a handful of cops in the room? The guy singing wasn't even a cop, so acting as if he had some moral obligation to not sing something is silly.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

BS
There is no compensation for being falsely accused or falsely arrested by the police. You say that like it is a givin but it is not.
You wanna talk about what will likely happen to him?

Perhaps he will likely end up like many of the m. Brown witnesses. Dead or missing.

Keep dismissing actions like this with your failure to see problems and unwillingness to give understand to the points i am making by deflecting. It will only inflame tensions more by not addressing the double standards. A clear message needs to be sent.

Until there is justice for mike brown things will get worse and you will still be here trying to win a debate about who is right or wrong when the truth is all around us.

Defending that song being played in a police setting is sickening and will backfire.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

K well since you're still talking about witnesses who you, and you alone, claim were murdered or disappeared, I'm done here. Every single thread, you try to bring it back to Brown. I'm not playing that game this time.

Before you post some rant about how I won't try to support my argument or refute yours, let me be clear: your inability to NOT try to relate everything to Brown has caused me to have zero interest in discussing anything with you now. I'm done.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What about all the rap songs the culture of death sing about executing cops? There have been many. I am sure there will be a few to come along that will warm the souls of many about the recent cops being executed. Have you created any posts condemning those or is this just more self righteous poppycock from the cop haters team?

edit on 24-12-2014 by truckdriver42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join