It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sickening Racist Song At Charity Held By LAPD Cop, Celebrates the Death of Mike Brown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

The daily beast did a decent job of trying to dissect this video. They were able to put a fair bit of circumstantial (their word, I agree with it) evidence that it likely happened, but nothing concrete. They contacted one of the more militant protest groups who, from what I can recall, didn't take ownership of this particular march but didn't really deny it either. It was really more of "don't recall that" response.

I would suggest that as the group was facing away, and moving away, toward the end of the video the sound can be expected to diminish in volume fairly quickly. Same reason you can hear a siren coming towards you longer than you can hear it moving away from you.

I do agree that there are some strange circumstances around the video, but I'm not ready to call shenanigans yet.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So that's a definite "no" then. Got it

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Very, very poor taste? Yes. Racist? No.

The original song, "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" included the words "King Kong" to describe how bad Leroy was - it had nothing to do with his race.

I bet black cops were present at this charity.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

"A anti anticapitalista"

Thank you. Yeah that's certainly what the third chant is.

originally posted by: Shamrock6

The daily beast did a decent job of trying to dissect this video. They were able to put a fair bit of circumstantial (their word, I agree with it) evidence that it likely happened, but nothing concrete. They contacted one of the more militant protest groups who, from what I can recall, didn't take ownership of this particular march but didn't really deny it either. It was really more of "don't recall that" response.

I would suggest that as the group was facing away, and moving away, toward the end of the video the sound can be expected to diminish in volume fairly quickly. Same reason you can hear a siren coming towards you longer than you can hear it moving away from you.

I do agree that there are some strange circumstances around the video, but I'm not ready to call shenanigans yet.

Ah, good that someone else was looking into it.

There is that, but it seems off. Like a good movie effect - but just a wee bit off. I think more damning is that you can't see anybody clapping but you can clearly hear it. That and the talking-over-each-other at the point where chants change.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's not entirely out of the question, there's been a vein of anti-capitalism here and there but not quite in the way that that particular chant would fit... that I've seen or heard of. These protests have been very focused on police violence toward black people and the chants reflect that.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I only know of one small group of about 10 and I think it was in NYC but not the day of Millions March that chanted anything about killing cops and it was that chant "hands up, shoot back" but they were shut up by other protesters. There could be video of it somewhere and it's probably happened since... but I don't it's that video lol. That video I'm pretty sure is doctored.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

My last response to you was in regards to you not answering the question I asked a while ago.

I do agree with you in not seeing why an anti-capitalism chant would've been included in their "playlist" of chants. All the more so with no apparent segue into it, just a completely abrupt transition.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

a reply to: GrevenThat video I'm pretty sure is doctored.

I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a bunch of "doctored" videos and recordings going forward trying to make any/all Cops look bad.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I can't speak to the clapping. I'm on my mobile and I can't see the picture clear enough to discern much more than colors of clothing. My current stance is the poster caught SOME thing on camera, but then decided to mess around with the audio to create something beyond what he/she caught.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I do agree with you in not seeing why an anti-capitalism chant would've been included in their "playlist" of chants. All the more so with no apparent segue into it, just a completely abrupt transition.

Here's another fun game to play:
Find a source that doesn't trace back to that video.

I mean, it's in the middle of NYC. There are dozens of people visible in the video. Many of them aren't with the marchers.

Yet, not one person posted on social media about some crazies chanting that they wanted "dead cops" prior to the video?

Journalism is dead.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

My last response to you was in regards to you not answering the question I asked a while ago.

Missed it sorreh. I'll find it in a bit.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

More like trying to make protesters look bad such as the video we've been discussing the last several posts.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Bloodydagger

More like trying to make protesters look bad such as the video we've been discussing the last several posts.

I am sure it'll work both ways.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
You've done something like this in the past? Really?

Have you never made a joke in poor taste?

Just for laughs with your mates? In no real seriousness.

Those are the kind I mean.

Eh.. maybe I'm just lamer than FDR's legs...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

K. The comment I replied to wanted them "in trouble" and not just suspended.

So whatever LE personnel were in that room should be "called out" for...what? Another person's actions? Speech?

Found it faster than I thought... just that to me it seems reflective of a mentality SOME cops have.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There are always gonna be some sour ass people in every profession but everything can be recorded in a split second these days, so these few incidents we're seeing are really few and far between. Consider how many interactions with police happen everyday across this country. Any given minute of every single day and night, someone, somewhere is having an interaction with a Cop. So if this was as widespread as the Cop Hate Bandwagon Brigade believes, then we'd be hearing about several of these incidents happening DAILY.

With that said, corrupted cops and cops abusing power DOES happen and I think it's been going on for a long time. It only seems more prevalent now because of social media. However, its not as "common" as some tend to believe that it is.

There are people out there who have had nothing but pleasant experiences when dealing with Cops. The majority of us will not run into a bad Cop in our entire lifetime.
edit on 23-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I did see what appeared to be bystanders filming. The people on the sidewalks I mean. It looked like they had their hands up in that ubiquitous cell phone camera pose. Did I imagine that?

Strange that none of their videos have surfaced.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

K. The comment I replied to wanted them "in trouble" and not just suspended.

So whatever LE personnel were in that room should be "called out" for...what? Another person's actions? Speech?

Found it faster than I thought... just that to me it seems reflective of a mentality SOME cops have.

I don't understand? They should be called out for maybe having a mentality?

Really not trying to be dense I'm just not understanding your comment.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm glad it's in the public eye for criticism, that's it...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Gotcha.

Though from where I sit, you seemed a bit more annoyed about this than the guy arrested for posting about wings on pigs. He got off with being called a moron, but something like this should be out in the public eye? A guy who's not a cop singing a song to a room mostly full of non cops?

I'm just sayin

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join