It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sickening Racist Song At Charity Held By LAPD Cop, Celebrates the Death of Mike Brown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I get your point but...this guy isn't a cop. May not ever have been. He's identified as an ex "federal investigator" which could be any number of things, many of which are not LE. I didn't see a bunch of cops standing up to sing along with him.

It's a stupid, sick, twisted song. That we can agree on.
edit on 23-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Left out "not." Boy did that change things.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

"Sickening Racist Song At Charity Held By LAPD Cop, Celebrates the Death of Mike Brown". That was the title.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Free Speech...

I don't like it. But, speech you endorse isnt the issue.

Nobody is making anybody watch this.

Selective Outrage...

You think I choose to be angry at this? Or what, If I see the article name I shouldn't click on it in case I get angry and post my opinion about it on the internet?

Why are you here again 'Why am I here'?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
a reply to: wanderingconfusion
That is a stupid question. I didn't answer because it has the undertone of implying that I condone cop killing. Why even bother answering a loaded question like that.

It is quite obvious why you didn't answer the question and it had nothing to do with being stupid or implying that you condone cop killing.

It is called deflecting.

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

"Sickening Racist Song At Charity Held By LAPD Cop, Celebrates the Death of Mike Brown". That was the title.

Refer to my previous post where I tell you that on ATS it is common courtesy if not rules to post the thread title the same as the article title, if the article is the meat of the thread.

Edit to add, maybe that has changed, I dunno. It definitely used to be what staff recommended if you were posting a news piece from a news source. Everything has changed a lot round here though so who knows, I was away for a bit.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion

That is a stupid question. I didn't answer because it has the undertone of implying that I condone cop killing. Why even bother answering a loaded question like that.

It is quite obvious why you didn't answer the question and it had nothing to do with being stupid or implying that you condone cop killing.

It is called deflecting.

Carry on.

Deflecting? Why would I address you now? Because I am stupid. Because you have nothing of any relevance to add to the thread. It was pointless me even addressing the question, as has just been proven.

By all means, carry on.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sure it in very bad taste but how is this racist, i didnt hear any mention of race or any racial slur in the song?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The thought that you condone cop killing never crossed my mind, being fair and impartial vs another person on ATS posting about the law is what I thinking.

I get that on ATS you have the rule, which is a silly rule, that you have to use the title from the source you are quoting but in this case the title is wrong which is why I pointed that out later.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
That is a tenuous philosophy at best when it comes to official carriers of death. You are talking about rotten apples with sympathy, as if you know how the apples became rotten in the first place. The truth is something like it's "never about rotten apples"...a quote from somewhere, because from the worst to the best policeman, soldier there are really evil people way above them who can make any wrong right or create the sacrificial lamb at a whim, and there are no bounds.

Because being a civilian cant make you an official carrier of death? The guy that just killed his girl friend and the two cops, was he not a carrier of death since he wasnt a LEO or solider?

Im making the same statement I have always made about this situation.

Being a cop doesnt make you evil.
Being a civilian doesnt make you evil.
Yet in both professions their are horrible and evil people.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So pro-Michael Brown protesters can loot, steal, burn down other peoples buildings. They can attack people with hammers, chant about dead cops. Rappers can sing songs called, "Cop Killer".

So why can't some guy at a charity event sing this song?

Oh, that's right, we're only concerned with free speech when it suits us. I forgot.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I get that the song is distasteful. Perhaps disrespectful. But being "horrified" by it or making a major deal of it is off base.

Let's take songs against police for example:

1) NWA: "F%$# The Police"
2) Ice-T: "Cop Killer"
3) Tef Poe: "War Cry"
4) G-Unit: "Ahh $h^t"

How about songs against white people in general?

Da Lench Mob: "Buck Tha Devil"

How about some small examples?

Apache - "Apache Ain't S$#@"

Kill the white people; we gonna make them hurt; kill the white people; but buy my record first; ha ha ha

Brand Nubian - "Everything is Everything

These devils make me sick; I love to fill them full of holes; kill them all in the daytime, broad mother#ing daylight; 12 o'clock, grab the Glock; why wait for night

Yeah.. I could go on and on and on about this. Was it right or wrong? My thought is, it shouldn't matter. It was a thing that was recorded and put on the internet. You can't disseminate every situation into a worldwide catastrophe.

People should perhaps grow a spine, toughen their skin and stop being a bunch of sissies. Perhaps they were singing a song because "THEY" were mad that two officers were just executed. You know.. kind of like how the "peaceful protesters" went and burnt down buildings?

edit on 23-12-2014 by DerekJR321 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321
I get that the song is distasteful. Perhaps disrespectful. But being "horrified" by it or making a major deal of it is off base.

Let's take songs against police for example:

1) NWA: "F%$# The Police"
2) Ice-T: "Cop Killer"
3) Tef Poe: "War Cry"
4) G-Unit: "Ahh $h^t"

How about songs against white people in general?

Da Lench Mob: "Buck Tha Devil"

How about some small examples?

Apache - "Apache Ain't S$#@"

Kill the white people; we gonna make them hurt; kill the white people; but buy my record first; ha ha ha

Brand Nubian - "Everything is Everything

These devils make me sick; I love to fill them full of holes; kill them all in the daytime, broad mother#ing daylight; 12 o'clock, grab the Glock; why wait for night

Yeah.. I could go on and on and on about this. Was it right or wrong? My thought is, it shouldn't matter. It was a thing that was recorded and put on the internet. You can't disseminate every situation into a worldwide catastrophe.

People should perhaps grow a spine, toughen their skin and stop being a bunch of sissies. Perhaps they were singing a song because "THEY" were mad that two officers were just executed. You know.. kind of like how the "peaceful protesters" went and burnt down buildings?

Well said!

I gave you a star and wish I could give you a flag!

How bout a beer instead?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Stop being a bunch of sissies lol? If you actually knew me you'd know I'm not a sissie. I haven't heard someone say something like that since I was a child rofl. Since when does caring about something like this make someone a sissie?

Furthermore, if I was a sissie I wouldn't bother posting this because I had an idea of what the thread was going to turn out like. Can't say I'm surprised.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It's the new Ballad of Jessie James!

Seriously though, maybe the song is in bad taste.

Am I mad about it? Not really. I've made jokes in bad taste.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
It's the new Ballad of Jessie James!

Seriously though, maybe the song is in bad taste.

Am I mad about it? Not really. I've made jokes in bad taste.

You've done something like this in the past? Really?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Well depends what you mean by "like this" honestly.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion

This video is very strange.

To begin with, the poster disabled comments. That's a bit of a warning flag. Listening to it... just sounds strange.

The volume appears to change oddly. The whole "dead cops" chant is sandwiched between two other chants - the first one is pretty indistinct, though you can make out bits and pieces of it. The third one is unintelligible and bizarre.

Here's the curious thing about the third one - if you listen to the chant, there's a whole lot of clapping going on. If you look at the protestors as they walk by you don't see anybody clapping. Also, the chant fades out much faster than the protestors are actually moving down the street.

Additionally, the uploader's description is a lie:
The truth about the ‘dead cops’ chant

For one thing, according to the video, which was posted to Youtube the same day as the protest, the “dead cops” chant took place after sunset. You can see from the video that city lights are already on. The group starts by chanting “hands up, shoot back,” before switching to the death chant, and then an unintelligible chant at the end of the approximately 2 minute clip.

A story posted by the New York NBC affiliate says the marchers were proceeding “down Fifth Avenue at 32nd Street” at 4:30 p.m. The Millions March NYC protest kicked off at 2 p.m. as thousands gathered in Washington Square Park near New York University on 5th Avenue and 8th Street. After turning west on 14th Street the march, which stretched across all lanes and down more than ten city blocks, proceeded up 6th Avenue as far as Herald Square (home to the famed Macy’s flagship store) at 32nd and Broadway. It then proceeded downtown on Broadway, to One Police Plaza.
Millions March New York City march route for Dec. 13.

By the time it reached Herald Square, which is on the west side of the city at least a mile from Murray Hill, it was still daylight. My photos from Herald Square are time stamped at around 3:30 p.m.

So, we have bizarre audio that doesn't appear to match the video, disabled comments, and a clearly wrong video description. Starting to smell like a fake. I wonder if there is another video where that third chant is from?
edit on 19Tue, 23 Dec 2014 19:52:06 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

It is odd actually. I think that's a clip from an Occupy protest. The chant at the end is a South/Central American/Mexican anti-capitalism chant.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I was thinking it sounded Spanish or Portuguese - viva viva vista maybe? Another thing about the video is how the crowd changes from one chant to another - it's abnormal. I really am thinking this was an audio splice job.

Edit: with your pointers, found this:

edit on 20Tue, 23 Dec 2014 20:10:15 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

"A anti anticapitalista"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join