It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sickening Racist Song At Charity Held By LAPD Cop, Celebrates the Death of Mike Brown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Get a grip, stupid things happen every day. Watch out for the dangerous situations, not the retarded ones.

Mandela sang about killing the whites in South Africa. He sang about genocide, but that was ok, right? But it's wrong for a bunch of idiot cops to sing about one dead guy?

The crap the cops are doing is ignorant and stupid, but the damage is done, Brown IS dead. What mandela did was incite a country towards genocide. Neither is good, but get out your little scales and tell me which one is worse.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

The problem is you can't fix that because it's ultimately a human problem and not a profession, race or class based problem.

That is a tenuous philosophy at best when it comes to official carriers of death. You are talking about rotten apples with sympathy, as if you know how the apples became rotten in the first place. The truth is something like it's "never about rotten apples"...a quote from somewhere, because from the worst to the best policeman, soldier there are really evil people way above them who can make any wrong right or create the sacrificial lamb at a whim, and there are no bounds.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Why do people use the 'Well if you're upset about that, why aren't you upset about this' argument so much. It's such a strain to even read, let alone respond to..

I face palm so much on this site..

Some times it applies. And some times it's just a way to keep from having to address the actual topic or issue.
edit on 12/23/2014 by Klassified because: Reword

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Free Speech...

I don't like it. But, speech you endorse isnt the issue.

Nobody is making anybody watch this.

Selective Outrage...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

to quote RATM,

"Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses."

Them RATM lead singer sells out. full circle.

How does he sell out? Honest question...

Yeah Its off topic but I'd like to know that as well. Is that why they all went off to form Audioslave without him? Off topic I know but always loved RATM.

Off topic answer: maybe he meant literally sell out, as in all those venues RATM sold out? All I remember is they had "creative differences" about the release of Renegades and they split. The rest of the band went ahead and released the album without Zack. I honestly have no answer as to how he was the sell out there.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Free Speech...

Selective Outrage...

Pretty much. I like the original tune, so I'm not a fan, but it is what it is.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I 'm not saying it's not in bad taste but I didn't hear anything racist in it. What part of it is racist?
edit on 23-12-2014 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Amabhulu doesn't mean white, it means a person that supports apartheid. I learned that from a white South African friend.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Get a grip, stupid things happen every day. Watch out for the dangerous situations, not the retarded ones.

Mandela sang about killing the whites in South Africa. He sang about genocide, but that was ok, right? But it's wrong for a bunch of idiot cops to sing about one dead guy?

The crap the cops are doing is ignorant and stupid, but the damage is done, Brown IS dead. What mandela did was incite a country towards genocide. Neither is good, but get out your little scales and tell me which one is worse.

Cheers - Dave

When did I say anything about Nelson Mandela or when did I turn it into a race thing? You guys..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Kali74

So that's a "no" on explaining who should be called out for what here?

link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I 'm not saying it's in bad taste but I didn't hear anything racist in it. What part of it is racist?

When did I say anything about racism?!

This is getting ridiculous now.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I 'm not saying it's in bad taste but I didn't hear anything racist in it. What part of it is racist?

Thread title says "racist song" and I think that's what he was referring to...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Free Speech...

Selective Outrage...

If a tree falls and no one is around to hear it.. did it fall?
Yes. Of course it did. Does it matter? It depends on how much you care about trees.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Thread title says "racist song" and I think that's what he was referring to...

That's the title of the article. ATS rules are that if you post an article as news you use the article title? What part of my commentary mentioned racism?

It might be racially motivated. How do you know? I'm more concerned about the fact a guy is dead and an ex police officer is apparently thrilled by it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Woah dude. Slow your roll. I'm not the one that asked the question, I simply tried to explain what I thought he meant.

Maybe his comment was directed at the article itself? How do you know?

Relax, man.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Woah dude. Slow your roll. I'm not the one that asked the question, I simply tried to explain what I thought he meant.

Maybe his comment was directed at the article itself? How do you know?

Relax, man.

Sorry it just feels like people are shrugging this off like its nothing. I don't think it's nothing! What I mean is, whether it is racist or not doesn't take away from the fact that it is incredibly disgusting. If this happened in the UK people would go crazy. Did you see the riots after that guy got shot? If a member of the police was publically doing something like this..

I guess its just so different over here. I get really upset when I see things like this happen to you guys even though I'm miles away.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I find this just as sickening...

This poster asked you this question and you apparently glazed right over it.

I am curious also so I hope if I refresh your memory you will address it - I am betting you won't because it doesn't fall in line with your skewed perception.

originally posted by: opethPA

Why do people use the 'Well if you're upset about that, why aren't you upset about this' argument so much. It's such a strain to even read, let alone respond to..

I face palm so much on this site..

Were you equally as bothered by the other items on the other side of the fence?

BTW - I am face palming at your thread for the title being misleading and your utter denial of reality.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion
That is a stupid question. I didn't answer because it has the undertone of implying that I condone cop killing. Why even bother answering a loaded question like that.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Amabhulu doesn't mean white, it means a person that supports apartheid. I learned that from a white South African friend.

Why did you feel the need to type "a white South African friend"?

Why couldn't it just be a South African friend?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion

originally posted by: Kali74

Why did you feel the need to type "a white South African friend"?

Why couldn't it just be a South African friend?

REALLY?..
Are you really going to be THAT pedantic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join