It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What food would you pay for over the internet?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I work as a cook. I live on the beach.

In the winter the island I live on shuts down completely. Every establishment closes and work dries up. So I'm looking for work opportunities.

Do you know of any work opportunities of food you'd buy over the internet? What could I prepare and ship that people would want? What could I turn a profit on too. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I assume you are not talking about fast food!

Something that could be frozen or preserved somehow and sold online in that manner?

a reply to: ChefSlug

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Candy.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I just bought 10 lbs of wild rice for 70usd.

Be sure to research rules and regs on shipping food, perishables etc. Dealing with the USDA can be a nightmare.

What Island? Perhaps dried fish or jerky.

Blend up some specialty teas or coffee, BBQ sauce, gourmet PB&J kits, Dried soup, I got a million ideas...cut me in for 20%
edit on 23-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If you can harvest seaweed, then I'd say dry the seaweed, grind it into powder and mix it with appropriate luscious spices for cooking seafood (not sure what else seaweed would taste good with...perhaps rice dishes?), as well as injecting much needed vitamins and iodine into everyone's diet. Just think of all the marketing strategies you could come up with, such as 'put back the vitamins and minerals which are devoid in your supermarket food' etc.

www.ehow.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
olaru12 has a good idea.

Perhaps dried fish or jerky.

Check out Omaha Steaks. They make zillions of dollars shipping their food products. If nothing else, it can give you an idea of how it's done.

I get their stuff a few times a year. They ship it in styrofoam chests with dry ice packs.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
olaru12 has a good idea.

Perhaps dried fish or jerky.

Check out Omaha Steaks. They make zillions of dollars shipping their food products. If nothing else, it can give you an idea of how it's done.

I get their stuff a few times a year. They ship it in styrofoam chests with dry ice packs.

I know...good stuff. Omaha is usually what I gift for Christmas to my crew and friends and just received an Omaha gift pack myself today.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I buy loads of food(among other things) online. Right off the back fast food: Pizza, burgers, Chinese food, Indian food, fries, etc.

I do grocery shopping online so everything that's in the grocery store get's delivered to my front steps for a nominal fee which is super convenient, and they usually pick out the freshest fruits, way better than the ones I would choose

So I suppose the answer is anything really... where there is a will there is a way, and people like myself don't mind paying a little extra for convenience, good luck on your new business!

Note* I Reread your post a bit: It seems you want to cook and ship correct? There's a spot a few blocks from me that does chicken fries and rice, or chicken rice and beans(my choice) I absolutely love them and wish they would deliver
If you're a cook, I assume you'll be making good food, and I wouldn't mind having good food shipped to my door step! I'd stick with the basics at first that most people eat, rice, chicken, beans etc, all cheap items as well so hopefully you can make more profit before branching off into different food groups.
edit on 12/23/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: to add note

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Are you talking about this winter? If so remember that to build up a product and client base is not going to happen overnight.

In my experience of online selling with a new product you need to convince people to buy your product untasted or tested, not an easy thing to do.

Whatever you choose to do I would suggest that you make the best there is and be prepared to make a loss in at at least the first 5 years.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What food would you pay for over the internet?

Bubble gum that taste like margaritas and has a similar effect.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'm not talking about this winter, i'm talking about every winter.
I did some research and found food dehydrators and venison look promising....

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

mmmmm I'm sold! Let me know when you have a website up and running! Message me privately if it's against the rules or anything to promote a business here. Not sure about that.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In that case I say go for it, take whatever if the best from around you and make it the best you can, look initially to supply though larger vendors until you can establish your own customer base.

As I said be prepared to take a hit or ultimatley fail but do on the understanding that if you succeed you will be your own boss and provide a great product to good people.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Most condiments / sauce are easy to sell online.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Rae types of meat!!!

Panda
Polar bear
Emu

Anything but monkey or ape meat.....or kittens.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Amazon has a rather nice pricing feature that would be difficult to compete with.

They offer a flat $4.99 shipping fee for up to 40 pounds of food in a 4 x 4 foot box.

This means one could buy 31 cans of Chunky Campbell Soup, have it delivered directly to one's home for a total cost of $1.61 per can.

That's at least a dollar per can cheaper then anything I can find here in the city.

If you're thinking of selling Jerky though, I'll definitely give you at least one good order to ship.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

pies,

pasta and cutlets

rice beans and pork (if everything turns out OK after a few tries)

home made cordials (if we got cool and we trusted each other to place a special order

paella /sea food platter

"tapa" type food like potato things in sauce,meat things in beer or cider reductions like sausages or steaks, or shrimp /shell fish seasoned dipping platters

weirdo cool burgers

weirdo cool pizzas

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Something that is light and can be shipped on the cheap.

Beef jerky is so easy to get locally you might have difficulty selling it and shipping it.

My advice is to go here and search a category, then see which type of products sell the most and have the cheapest shipping.

www.amazon.com...

Then do the business thing and copy the winners.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
But isn't the internet full of viruses? I'd hate to catch a cold or the flu from the food.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I would love to find a great Mac and Cheese, rich gooey and delicious with at least 4 cheeses. Done up in 2 to 4 serving sizes.

I have looked everywhere for a descent Chicken Pot Pie. Big chunks of chicken, carrots, peas, celery with a chicken stock based white gravy and a flaky pie crust top. I have ordered some and they were awful, also not fond of those available at the grocers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join