It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Viktor Yushchenko's poisoning...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If you dont know, the Ukrainian opposition leader Viktor Yushchenko had been poisoned leading to the disfiguring of his skin. He almost died from Dioxin poison his Vienna doctors said.

Some details here:
www.cnn.com...

abcnews.go.com...

Anyways, Viktor seems to have the popular vote and the US's blessing, but the incumbent has Moscow's endorsement.

The point of my story is this: The original election results were thrown out due to heavy tampering by the incumbent. The US balked at the questionable results as well and pressured the Ukraine to throw out the result and have new elections.

What I couldnt figure out was why the US was so concerned which one of these guys won. Well, now I have new suspicions after the poison incident. Last night I saw a news conference that showed Victors wife, Kateryna. Apparently, Kateryna is a US born, perfect English (no accent at all) speaking woman who is not only married to the opposition leader, but translates for him too.

So, to focus my thoughts: The US loves the idea of getting Victor into office in the Ukraine and quite possibly even has more ties to him than people may be aware of. How do we know that he isnt an outright US plant or spy for that matter? His wife is as American as my aunt Edna, really odd to see somebody like that married to the number one challenger to the presidency in a former Russian state.

Anyways, with all the ballot tampering, poisoning attempts and such, its clear that the incumbent and Russia doesnt want Victor in office. I wonder if they suspect that Victor is a US plant as well? I wonder if the next attempt by the incumbent/Russia will be more aggressive?

Now, I should mention I have no evidence that Victor is a plant, its all speculation on my part. But you must admit the situation certainly create the room to argue he could be.

Your thoughts?

[edit on 13-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My girlfriend is Iranian so I am possibly controlled by the Mullahs?

- come on skippy.

We can draw connection anywhere we want but just a few make sense at all. This one is a very very thin line. Possible, yes but not realistic.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Very thin? Please. Its EXTRA that she is a US born citizen.

#1 Putin backs the incumbant, the US backs Victor
#2 Fact: Putin and the incumbant tainted the last vote
#3 Fact: Some opposition poisoned Victor. They say the governement did. They even had intel before hand warning them of it
#4 The government planned a fake terror attack to help derail Victors campaign or possibly he was even the target.
#5 The US strongly "urged" the Ukraine to hold new elections.

Today, with all the middle east stuff going on, why is the US so interested in Ukranian elections? Off cycle elections at that. Why? I hate to say it this way, but the Ukraine has no value to the US unless we have some influence planted there.

With all the things and curious happenings over there, its strikes me as "odd" that a wild card candidate in a former Soviet controled and currently influenced state has an American wife. And not just a US born wife, but one that is as American as you and I who also translates for him. I.e has some influence. She speaks with no apparent Russian accent at all. She could be anybody. Once you start considering everything here, its not thin at all to weigh her into the argument. Please name me just one other instance of any current or former Soviet state in a simular circumstance. Its odd!!!

Btw, you could be a spy!!! My wife is Chinese amnd I often wonder she has so much control over me....

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I agree, Skip. Quite possibly something fishy going on here. I haven't caught much of the story, but I have been wondering why there seems to be so much media attention on the elections in the Ukraine; attention seemingly out of proportion with the actual importance of it. Your speculation is not completely off the deep end, particularly when you have people being poisoned, for Bob's sake. This is the stuff of Shakespeare or even the middle ages, not modern politics.

As far as US and Russian backing/involvement goes, perhaps it's just a simple case of two soccer-dads rooting for their sons. i.e. it's a matter of pride for Russia, center of the former SU, and a matter sticking it to the Russians for the US.

However, there is one more factor. Folks say if you want to find the truth, simply follow the money. Naaaah, fook that...follow the OIL! The Odessa-Brody pipeline runs through the Ukraine carrying a large portion of Russia's oil and natural gas exports to the EU and Turkey. There is NO WAY that Russia would want a US-influenced head of state in charge of a country that carries that such a pipeline. Just imagine: a sudden "terrorist attack" on the pipeline and, oops, well whaddyaknow, you've just dealt a major crippling blow to the Russian economy.

It would be interesting to investigate the background of Yushchenko's wife. How long have they known each other? What is her background? How did they meet?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sometimes I get the feeling Americans need the illusion that the US government controlls everything to some extend. It's not possible to analyse something like that by information from the internet. I respect your assumption but I don't consider it a realistic scenario.

It's still a thin line. Such a scenario is existent all over the world a million times and for sure for other important people. But maybe they are all US controlled as well, eh?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Mahsa,

I certainly understand your thoughts that we (the US) thinks that it has a hand in everything. But, the US kinda does. Of course not EVERYTHING, but its plain fact that the US spends enormous efforts, time and money into having as much "control" as possible. Its not a reach for its citizens to feel as if thats the case. What the US does not control it attempts to control. Good, bad, or ugly thats the way it is.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just found this, I think it supports my theories about this:

www.opinionjournal.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Very thin? Please. Its EXTRA that she is a US born citizen.

#1 Putin backs the incumbant, the US backs Victor
#2 Fact: Putin and the incumbant tainted the last vote
#3 Fact: Some opposition poisoned Victor. They say the governement did. They even had intel before hand warning them of it
#4 The government planned a fake terror attack to help derail Victors campaign or possibly he was even the target.
#5 The US strongly "urged" the Ukraine to hold new elections.

Today, with all the middle east stuff going on, why is the US so interested in Ukranian elections? Off cycle elections at that. Why? I hate to say it this way, but the Ukraine has no value to the US unless we have some influence planted there.

With all the things and curious happenings over there, its strikes me as "odd" that a wild card candidate in a former Soviet controled and currently influenced state has an American wife. And not just a US born wife, but one that is as American as you and I who also translates for him. I.e has some influence. She speaks with no apparent Russian accent at all. She could be anybody. Once you start considering everything here, its not thin at all to weigh her into the argument. Please name me just one other instance of any current or former Soviet state in a simular circumstance. Its odd!!!

Btw, you could be a spy!!! My wife is Chinese amnd I often wonder she has so much control over me....

number one and number 5 are the only facts in this post

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
fledgling666,

Thanks fledgling666, of course I cannot prove the other "facts", but 98% of everything posted on these "conspiracy" threads cannot actually be proven. But thanks for pointing out that some of mine arent actual "facts". But, as far as I am concerned reading the data thats available to me, Im accepting these as "facts" until I am proven otherwise. So, as soon as you can prove to me they arent facts, I will continue to believe them as true.

After all, how much circumstantial information do you need before you start to sate something as a fact? Scott Peterson was just convicted for a double murder and sentenced to death using data not much more than great speculation based on circumstantial information.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
conspiracy or not, the most important thing is that the people of the republic have casted a clear vote. Widely displaying The Orange colour was a very smart move, this way the whole world good see that it was mostly orange taking the votes, even a child could see wich party was most popular.

I think behind the screens have been firm negotiations about the second round with putin to secure the rights of the russian speaking people in the east etc and things like no NATO millitary bases in the coming 5 years etc. I think Europe should be cautious not to offend Putin too much....

Clearly important was the mediation of the Lithuanian president, who already has faced the difficult task of smoothing out problems ruling an independant country with a large russian population who prefer to be part of russia.

On the long run it might actually good for Russia that the west comes closer to her to give another boost to the economy, but there is the national pride thing of a former superpower (wich status Putin might try to reclaim) that is not easily swallowed....

[edit on 27-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Interesting. Ukraine is an important country, it has the 4th largest land forces (tanks, artillery ect. not infantry) in the world and it's airforce is in the top 10 too if i remember correctly. Out of all the ex-soviet states it is by far the biggest so i wouldn't be surprised if both the US and Russia would want as much influence as possible there.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So what does all of this have to do with the poisoning?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
So what does all of this have to do with the poisoning?

Well, um...er.....Well I guess you need to have a CIA agent as a wife to get poisoned in the Ukraine prior to an election...Er....thats it...yeah...

I have no idea Howard!!! Maybe I should rename the post? Anyways, I think his wife is a US agent of sime sorts. Thats my point.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
His wife seems like a undesireable person to meet. She's a far right winger and very religious too...But i doubt she's a spy of some sort, come on now.

new topics

top topics

join