It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are these ex british troops not facing the same charges as jiahdists?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: muckleduck
Nope, you started a topic whinging about two British blokes not being prosecuted for fighting rapist/murderers in the ME, and now you are deflecting/going off-topic/whinging about UK government policy. Can't even stay on-topic in your own thread lol.
Lame.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

originally posted by: muckleduck
its essentially the same principle, these 2 ex british soldiers took it upon themselves to enter syria to fight their own war.

if they were muslims then they would be getting a lengthy sentence now.

why 1 rule for us and 1 for them?

www.express.co.uk...

they do not represent the state so therefore what do they weish to gain other than revenge killings for the beheading of an aid worker.

its the same principle, if we actually livedby the laws of these lands then these 2 individuals should face the same charges jihdadists returning from the same areas.

they left for the same reasons to fight in that country essentially, so does this mean tht every british citizen is free to go to syria take up arms for a few months and return home with no problems?

if they had been brown i imagine this would be alot different.

Hi wondering why you don't state which branch of Islam you are ? IS is killing everyone including their own faith so try not using the broad Muslin/skin Colour crap. isn't Alibaddie a white guy? Born a Christian -

As for your question - it appears the 2 were treated like any other returning jihadist will be
from link - They returned to Britain last week and were questioned by anti-terrorism officers for six hours at London's Heathrow Airport before being released. --

The British authorities have no evidence of a crime being committed - The interviews show that the 2 are not a threat to the British public. The local population thanked them for their help in words alone.

Perhaps if ISIS would allow their supporters to return home without killing them or be a threat to British People perhaps you'll see the same treatment. Not shore if the locals will be thanking them.

You appear to have a chip on your shoulder and instead of wanting peace want revenge. Problem with teaching revenge as a way of life is as long as two sides sustain a population you'll be fighting.

When ISIS is defeated will you support the peaceful process of forgiveness or demand revenge for losing?

im not religious and im not even arab.

nice assumption to make though

oh so going on holiday and taking up arms is no longer a crime is it? ok then boys lets load up the plane to ibiza and let rip eh?

do u realise how silly it is?

they went out there for their own gain, not for britain.

all they wanted was revenge.

they are just looking for a legal way to commit murder, i guess going back to civie life was too much.

(post by muckleduck removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
im not religious and im not even arab ?
Don't get that bit ?
Lol I know what u are !
Can't thread drift or get banned tho.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
im not religious and im not even arab ?
Don't get that bit ?
Lol I know what u are !
Can't thread drift or get banned tho.

he asked me what sect of islam i belonged to.

what am i then?

too scared to express yourself? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

child.
edit on 23-12-2014 by muckleduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Can't stay on your own topic, and now you've resorted to attacking others' intelligence and mental capacity.

Well played, OP. Well played.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Can't stay on your own topic, and now you've resorted to attacking others' intelligence and mental capacity.

Well played, OP. Well played.

im responding to attacks made on me, the entire first page was just posts callin me an idiot, im not the one bringing it off topic, im responding to simple questions that you have access to the answers to yourself if u bother to research.

if u dotn want me to answer, dont ask me questions.

sensitive people these days, reality too much?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

yea im the idiot, they went over there to a country not their own , entered conflict tht has nothing to do with them.

You just described all of the Americans who volunteered for the RAF to fight the Nazis or all of the Americans and Brits who volunteered to fight the fascist Franco in Spain.

That's the trouble with arguments of moral equivalency--they usually are neither.

Besides, it seems at least one of them chickened out after a few weeks and came home with nothing accomplished. You want to send him to prison for wasting everyone's time?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I wrote a 'Jim'l fix it' letter when I was a child and I'm glad I didn't get a reply.
If someone beat him to death in front of me (I know he's dead now of course) and I knew Saville had abused all his kids, I'd turn a blind eye. Perhaps you wouldn't?
You seem angry with those two British blokes who returned from fighting rapist/murderers.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

yea im the idiot, they went over there to a country not their own , entered conflict tht has nothing to do with them.

You just described all of the Americans who volunteered for the RAF to fight the Nazis or all of the Americans and Brits who volunteered to fight the fascist Franco in Spain.

That's the trouble with arguments of moral equivalency--they usually are neither.

Besides, it seems at least one of them chickened out after a few weeks and came home with nothing accomplished. You want to send him to prison for wasting everyone's time?

ww2 we faced a genuine threat, its not even the same on any level, if europe fell so would america, you had no choice really.

what about the jihadists that changed their minds once they got there too? they are told they arent allowed to return, what crime have they commited?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I wrote a 'Jim'l fix it' letter when I was a child and I'm glad I didn't get a reply.
If someone beat him to death in front of me (I know he's dead now of course) and I knew Saville had abused all his kids, I'd turn a blind eye. Perhaps you wouldn't?
You seem angry with those two British blokes who returned from fighting rapist/murderers.

not at all, he last threat the british isles faced as a whole was the falklands, apart from that i see no justification for our involvement in the M.E.

if britain feels like it is under threat from isis why do we not send troops to syria?

because it has NOTHING to do with us, none of the public want it.

what gives these guys the moral high ground to decide who lives or dies?

sure if they went out there solely to kill ONLY the guys who had took the aid workers head, i can understand.

they just wanted revenge in general against a common enemy.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Dude it is illegal to go and fight for a terrorist organization, ISIS is one and they are arrested for this because we don't want people with their ideology spreading what to me and many is anti human to the highest degree.
You appear to side with this ideology while many here would fight it...including the brave lads who do it off their own back.
Like Navy said many people from all over fought the nazis even If their country wasn't involved at the time.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
im not religious and im not even arab. nice assumption to make though

Well from your opening post
if they were muslims then they would be getting a lengthy sentence now. why 1 rule for us and 1 for them?

Sorry the confusion here is by US you meant you are with the ex-Soldiers and THEM you meant Muslims/Arabs.

You do know not all Arabs are muslins and not all muslins are Arabs. Not all Muslins are non-white.

As for assumptions how is do you know they Murdered anyone?
Did they go walk around shooting and taking slaves on mass? Or did they shoot back at people attacking others?

you are making a lot of assumptions and appear to be very confused on wanting fair play but not wanting those who play unfairly punished.

So Muckker what do you see as a solution to the problem in ME now. All non-sunnies walk away ? will that make everyone happy?

As for Ibiza comment what do you think the yobs do every week?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Um, because they are fighting our enemies? ...and they are our people....

I dont understand what you dont understand.

These people they are fighting want to harm our people either in prosperity, security or just in any spiteful way that comes along.

The ones there killing them from our country are trying for that NOT to happen? So....thats that you know.

edit on 12 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Dude it is illegal to go and fight for a terrorist organization, ISIS is one and they are arrested for this because we don't want people with their ideology spreading what to me and many is anti human to the highest degree.
You appear to side with this ideology while many here would fight it...including the brave lads who do it off their own back.
Like Navy said many people from all over fought the nazis even If their country wasn't involved at the time.

i dont side with anyone on matters of the M.E, i will point out what i see as wrong and unjust though.

the ypg isnt recognised either so they fall under the same catergory.

and americans should really stop bringin up ww2 unless u want the reality that u funded hitler just as much as the allies brought up.

u didnt save anything in ww2.

taking credit for stuff you never achieved is nothing new though.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Um, because they are fighting our enemies? ...and they are our people....

I dont understand what you dont understand.

These people they are fighting want to harm our people either in prosperity, security or just in any spiteful way that comes along.

The ones there killing them from our country are trying for that NOT to happen? So....thats that you know.

they arent my enemies.

till they invde my land, not my problem.

north korea openly threatens nuclear war on america, why not retailite against them? seems a more legit threat than isis.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

they just wanted revenge in general against a common enemy.

You don't know that.
As far as I see it they wanted to fight mass rapist/murderers, why would you not support that?
...not my cup of tea, but their intentions are certainly alligned with my own, against rapist/murderers. Perhaps you should have a nice cup of tea, it can help.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Ooooh nice dig at our American brothers there.
I'm British btw and I care about ISIS and what they are doing and I do see their Ideology as bad as the Nazis.
Anyone who went over to fight for them deserves vetting when coming back from the UK as well as any penaltys they face in the laws they have broken.
I will not support a regime that is a theology because they end up like ISIS or the Taliban...banning rights of the people and being barbaric under the guise of God's will.
Even If we had a push for a Christian theocracy here in the UK I would fight against that.
It is 2014 and all the people in the world some type of democracy and we can do that by fighting against those who set to take all basic rights away from people and educating the future generations.

link   

Um, Ok.
I see what is happening here.

You think that because you dont personally want them to die that the majority of the people in the place you are from that arent comfortable with armed people trying to hurt their people dont have reason on their side when they dont like that very much.

Well thats an honest mistake to make. In reality I would love it if they would not try to hurt us as a people and then I would not want to see them dead in response to that. But alas, I really dont want that at this moment. I would like for them to either die or stop doing that right away. It would be wise to not stand near us though since they are our enemies and you are our "roommate" sort to speak. I mean you do live here right? They do want our people dead and or to suffer / be conquered...so yeah, we are going to have killy things going on between us. Excuse us for a while will you?

edit on 12 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

link   

It's not a matter of being sensitive. It's a matter of recognizing when somebody is incapable of entering a debate and sticking to their OWN intent. It's recognizing that somebody is willing to resort to bringing things into the debate that barely, if at all, pertain to their OWN topic.

Many of the comments you referenced were removed already. And yet here you are, continuing to attack personalities and not facts.

It's amazing that so much of what you post about is the hypocrisy of "The West's" actions and how The West is no better than IS/AQ/insert whomever you like, when you seem to not bat an eyelash at the idea of lowering yourself to the level of personal attacks and name calling.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join