It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for those who are supporting the 'protests'.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
So do you want to make abortion illegal?.

I don't advocate for state intervention.

It doesn't need to go to the state.

What I have said is that fetus DESERVES the same chance at life we all have had.

There should not even be a debate on it.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

I wish steak wasn't so expensive in Japan. ;__;

Not trying to poke at you, but you reminded me that it's been a while since I've had a decent steak.

link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
So do you want to make abortion illegal?.

It's not easy to legislate Human Nature.

The "educators" say "education" is the solution to many problems.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I buy and cook meat for my son... it's my own personal choice not to eat it. No offense taken.
edit on 12/23/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

As a vegetarian I'm offended that you refuse to add cattle, swine, fowl and all manner of other animals sacrificed by thousands per day for human consumption... what about that violence?

... is what I would say if I were so arrogant as to think that personal choices of others are any of my goddamn business or entitled to me to throw logic out the window and bring it into every other controversial issue we face.

Your a Vagitarian? Me too! After the holidays, we're Goin Macrobiotic, me and my BIG boss...which holiday? Chistmas? New Years? Maybe July fourth?

Hey, PLANTS ARE CONSCIOUSNESS TOO! So stop committing violence against plants! Plant, animal, is there really a difference? If we are all ONE aren"t we all just really eating ourselves?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

It's funny, studies HAVE shown that plants react to having limbs/leaves damaged or removed. The signals are said to be analogous to "pain".

Plant feel pain.

I wonder how many hardcore (meat is murder) vegan heads would explode upon hearing that.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I agree education is very important to the situation and many places are lacking in that.
But it is the womans human right to do what she wants, you can not take that away from people.
Until we have lived in a persons shoes who go through the decision whether to terminate or not we have no right dictating what is right for that woman.
Women will get abortions either way legal or not, they have been forever and no one has the right to take away the means to do it safely.
Have the places help educate women on sexual health of course but don't demonise them.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

LOL

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It's one area I just am determined to remain willfully ignorant about. I have to eat something!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

LOL at least there's some common ground to be had then. I'm no vegetarian. I do know animals have feelings and feel pain. I was raised in rural New Mexico where my father let me make the mistake of naming one of our cows. Well when it came Spotty's (I was like, 6 years old, ok?) time to be dinner, I learned a valuable lesson about the food chain. You'd think that would turn me vegetarian for life, but nah. I accept my omnivorous status in life, but I certainly won't rag on anyone who chooses to be vegetarian!

What do you use to supplement your protein needs, is mainly nuts and legumes?
edit on 23-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: Grammar!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yep and rice, soy, dairy as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What hypocrisy....you worry and complain about abortions and ignore the violence perpatrated on our dog and cat population with the spay/neuter programs.

Not really I don't believe in pet 'ownership'.

So now abortion is equated to dogs and cats!

That is quite specist, to be honest. Dogs and cats are life, too.

Isn't life what you are trying to get at here, in your OP?

If 'all' lives matter.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Finish the quote.

Followed by the link

Shock: More Black Babies Aborted Than Born Alive in New York

Shock more than the police.

But nothing but cats,dogs, and everything else thrown to dismiss that TRUTH.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So you are saying that not all lives matter?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I have been saying the same GD thing for 7 pages now.

Although it has fallen on deaf ears, since it's the internet selective reading.

Life inside the womb matters just as much outside of it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Is there any what ifs?
And by that I mean that not all unwanted pregnancies come from come about in the same way.

Also is there any wavering on your stance of where that life starts?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Life inside the womb matters just as much outside of it.

Which is an opinion. That I actually happen to share.

But it is still an opinion. Certainly not enough to call people hypocrites. And absolutely not worthy of demeaning the plight of others.

Which is all this really is. "If you are "for the protesters", you are 'against the children'. Certainly you didn't think that this loosely applied logic would fly here on ATS, did you?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Certainly not enough to call people hypocrites.

Is that so?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure is.

But then ALL politics can be summed up as OPINION, and hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

LOL....oh wow.....

Ok.
I guess ya really got me there.

(since you seemed to have missed the sarcasm in the linked post, i should point out that this post is sarcastic, too)

ETA: life and morality have nothing to do with politics. If we are talking abortion, we are talking about life and morality. Politics has no place in that. None.
edit on 12/23/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

It's funny, studies HAVE shown that plants react to having limbs/leaves damaged or removed. The signals are said to be analogous to "pain".

Plant feel pain.

I wonder how many hardcore (meat is murder) vegan heads would explode upon hearing that.

Exactly and thats what makes pompous vegetarianism so ridiculous. Creation eats itself, it is a totally closed system. 100% is recycled. Nothing is lost. Vishnu and Shiva. Creation and destruction. Thus is the ultimate reality, almost but not quite. Imagine, you, we created a computer game and we then immersed ourselves in the very game we created. Are you starting to remember this? It is time to move up a level in the game or create a new game. Namaste

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join