It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for those who are supporting the 'protests'.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: neo96

How about this angle?

A fetus operates as any parasitic organism does, siphoning nutrients from its host.

The same could be said of protestors.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This is a straw man fallacy.

Hardly points out the lack of consistency some have when it comes to 'human' life.

Seems to me those so 'outrage' about 'police violence' would be equally 'outrage' when it comes to 'womb violence'.

I wonder why some are ignoring that fact.

Is that was passes for 'debate'.

Well, I have pointed several logical fallacies in your argument. Perhaps you shouldn't wonder.....

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

So... only pro-choice people support the right to not be murdered in the street for misdemeanors?

What crime has a fetus committed?

Other than being in the wrong place in the wrong time.

Did you click "reply" on the wrong post? What does that have to do with what I said?

If I ask you what you ate for breakfast this morning, will you tell me I'm wrong about the weather?

I don't think you understand what the problem is with this thread. What you did wrong with it has nothing to do with whether or not abortion is okay.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

How about this angle?

A fetus operates as any parasitic organism does, siphoning nutrients from its host.

The same could be said of protestors.
It's true, I totally saw a protester jab a straw into some passerby and drain his nutrients.

Okay okay, I'm REALLY gone now. Just had to laugh again.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

What about abortion protesters?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

What about abortion protesters?

What about them ?

Other than we never see the current potus, Sharpton, and Holder uttering a word about them.

Seems to me they should be.

After the thousands of minorities that have been slaughtered.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Hey we all know orgs like Planned Parenthood are not genocidal in nature....what with them killing off minority babies while screaming about free choice. Certainly, such a group targeted at the poorer, inner city folks cannot be discriminatory in nature

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

That IS what abortion is.

The deliberate end of human life.

Genocide.

And minorites have been the main target of that, but I digress 'black' lives matter.

Well some of the time.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Exactly! For the record I was being sarcastic but I totally believe this is what their game is. They make it look like the appealing option, the sane, humane option. Do they show the dead body to the woman? "This is your baby, or at least what's left of it's skull..."

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

My point is, a common misconception is, sperm don't just burrow into an egg and set up house, like a tiny person. The sperm is destroyed in the process of fertilization and cellular transformation.

Although many sperm can bind to an egg, normally only one fuses with the egg plasma membrane and injects its nucleus and other organelles into the egg cytoplasm.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No need to mention them unless they start going all explodey jihadist again. Not to mention they get their agenda heard and passed in Congress and State Legislatures don't they?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This is a straw man fallacy.

Hardly points out the lack of consistency some have when it comes to 'human' life.

A string of fallacious arguments that begins with the faulted premise that those who support a woman's right to choose view the aborted fetus as "human life".

Again...I am Pro-Choice and "Pro-Life" as are many...

Just because the "Anti-Choice" movement has carefully chosen the "Pro-Life" moniker, as if the big question has been settled, doesn't make it so. Nor are the "pro-choice" crowd "Anti-Life".

So at the end of the day...you have posted an OP that claims to be about people protesting police tactics and policy directed at African Americans...but built the wreckage of your fallacious logic upon the (unasked) question of when does a Zygote constitute life.

Rather than build a castle of fallacies and baiting across disparate topics...a more honest OP might look to debate the important questions you haven't asked. As it stands I can't even logically identify your argument.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

No need to mention them unless they start going all explodey jihadist again. Not to mention they get their agenda heard and passed in Congress and State Legislatures don't they?

Really ?

Abortion protestors are 'jihadist's' ?

Feel free to link where they go around cutting peoples, heads, off cut children in half, drive trucks in to buildings,fly planes in to buidllings, that is when they are not just blowing them out of the sky.

And strapping sucides vest's on to kill the 'infidels'.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So question for you Neo... if you're so pro-life, why do you celebrate the death of 'thugs'? Why do you support the death penalty. Why do you support war? And if you can't stand protesters why do you support abortion protesters and how come you don't blame all abortion protesters for the bad things some of them do like you do Muslims because of jihadists.

Hows that broad brush now, Neo?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Was there not a rash of bombers at abortion clinics that killed people? Were the bombers not motivated by Christian extremism?

Yeah...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

In some sense, you are correct. It's an opinion. We have to draw the line somewhere as a society. Is it ever okay to kill another person? In our society, according to our laws, it is. It is okay in situations of self-defense to kill another person. It is okay when a person has killed another and they go through the legal process, to be given the death penalty as punishment. It is okay for a soldier to kill another soldier during times of war.

Our laws state that it is okay for a woman to remove a fetus from her body, even though that will prevent the fetus from developing further. We draw the line at when the fetus becomes viable (can actually live outside the womb). When the fetus is not viable, it is not considered to have a life, therefore it does not have the same rights as someone who has lived outside the womb (i.e., the mother). Once an infant can live or has successfully lived outside of the womb, then it has the same rights as any other living person. That is where we have drawn the line.

Does everyone agree where the line has been drawn? Nope. You are never going to get 100 percent of the population to agree on anything. Some people don't agree with the death penalty. Some people don't agree with killing during war. Some people don't even agree that it's okay to kill someone in self-defense.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

So question for you Neo... if you're so pro-life, why do you celebrate the death of 'thugs'? Why do you support the death penalty. Why do you support war? And if you can't stand protesters why do you support abortion protesters and how come you don't blame all abortion protesters for the bad things some of them do like you do Muslims because of jihadists.

Wasn't aware I celebrated the death of 'thugs'.

Wasn't dancing in front of the white house when the potus' kill that brown guy named Bin Laden unlike some.

Didn't dance a jig when that other brown person from Libya was killed.

Why do you support war?

Because people have the ability to fight back or run for the hills. unlike a fetus.

Why do you support the death penalty

Because people go to court, and get a lawyer to defend them, unlike a fetus who just gets summary execution.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

But this broad brush is totally acceptable!!!!

No need to mention them unless they start going all explodey jihadist again.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Hey we all know orgs like Planned Parenthood are not genocidal in nature....what with them killing off minority babies while screaming about free choice. Certainly, such a group targeted at the poorer, inner city folks cannot be discriminatory in nature

Please link to some proof that minority women are forced to have abortions by Planned Parenthood. And please provide proof that white women are not allowed to have abortions through Planned Parenthood.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

But this broad brush is totally acceptable!!!!

No it isn't, I was making a point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join