It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for those who are supporting the 'protests'.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ah I see, so even by your own admission, not ALL human life is human life. Sometimes a clump of human cells is just a clump of human cell, but if it has POTENTIAL to grow a brain and have feelings suddenly it's something to protected.

Well, your sperm has POTENTIAL to create a life. The amount of human lives you've ended via masturbation must be astronomical. You cold-blooded, heartless killer.

This discussion is laughable. I'll take my leave of this of thread now.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Ah I see, so even by your own admission, not ALL human life is human life.

Admission eh ?

'Clump of cells' is what ATSers refer to as the fetus.

Human life comes from the womb.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Why is it that pro-life people usually say that when a pregnant woman's life is in immediate danger if she carries the baby to term, then it's okay to have the abortion to save the woman's life? Why is it then considered okay to have an abortion? Isn't that hypocritical? No, because the woman was here first, she actually has a life here, now. The fetus doesn't have a life yet. Fetuses aren't the same as people who have been born, and have started their lives. Even pro-life people realize that.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Affirming The Consequent - If A, then B. B, therefore, equals A

Not to mentioned the informal fallacy of False Equivalence.

I don't make this stuff up, Neo. Logic and logical thinking is fairly formalized.

Speaking of which: 99% of political dialogue is nothing more than a Holier than thou Fallacy. For whatever that is worth.

link   
a reply to: windword

Ok go back and look at the post you dissed

I made corrections and found other sources so I could get around the T&C of reposting material

Also, I am not anti-abortion.
I was quoting statistics.
Abortion is highly racist
if one only looks at the stats.
It is not my political stance, but
the reality is abortion is racist.

edit on 12Tue, 23 Dec 2014 12:23:43 -0600pm122312pmk232 by grandmakdw because: addition

link   
Even if you paint an apple, orange it still isn't an orange.

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Why is it when a pregnant woman is murdered they call it a double homicide ?

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Rather than convince me otherwise...
You're poor comparison has pushed me closer to life starts at conception.

A sperm isn't braindead...
& I don't see any logical reason to think it becomes braindead once it becomes a foetus...
& suddenly reverts from braindead again once born.

& that's pretty much all I'm gonna add...

Because...

This entire thread is a trap...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Not to mentioned the informal fallacy of False Equivalence.

Mean like A- is Ferguson. B- New York. C= Therefore ALL cops are 'racist'?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I have a question for those who are supporting the 'protests'.

If 'all' lives matter.

If' 'all' black lives matter.

Then why do you support abortion?

(A) I have never seen someone actually change topic this rapidly in the OP itself.

(B) Your OP requires the premise that police involved shootings (specifically African Americans) is the same as Abortion? A painfully faulted equation.

(C) I support a woman's right to choose in the first trimester. I am also "pro-life". 20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage/spontaneous abortion/"....and well over 80% of those miscarriages occur in the first 12 weeks. If we count the research showing how many times women miscarriage in the first week or two without realizing it via menstrual flow, the estimates for miscarriage are dramatically higher than 20% and by some estimates closer to 70%. After the first 12 weeks the rate of miscarriage dramatically drops to less than 10%. By mid-term the woman's body is equally at risk as the baby's if anything goes wrong. I believe in a higher power and the evidence strongly suggests that the higher power "aborts" pregnancies at a VERY high rate in the first 12 weeks and for reasons of relatively mundane health and nutrition risks to the woman. Contrast that for the VERY low rate of spontaneous abortion/miscarriage after 12 weeks, where God/nature/universe is willing to risk the very life of the mother to deliver the child...I am confident through science, research, statistics and reasoning that a pregnancy prior to 12 weeks does not meet the definition of life. If their is a "God" as anyone imagines, he treats the pregnancy in the first 12 weeks profoundly differently than the second trimester.

edit on 23-12-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

This is a straw man fallacy.

Do you have a habit of jumping all over the map? Is this what passes for debate here?

Focus, Neo. Focus.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: kaylaluv

Why is it when a pregnant woman is murdered they call it a double homicide ?

Interesting.

Because it's about the woman's choice. The woman's choice matters. The fetus' choice doesn't matter because the fetus doesn't have a life yet. The woman does. So it's the woman's life and the woman's choice that matters.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Just a wee bit of biological info. A sperm never becomes a fetus. A sperm injects/transfers genetic information to the egg, and then dies.

It's the woman's egg, a living cell programmed for reproduction after certain required chemical reactions take place, that eventually becomes a fetus.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

(B) You OP requires the premise that police involved shootings (specifically African Americans) is the same as Abortion? A painfully faulted equation.

How is it not?

Even bother reading this?

www.lifenews.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This is a straw man fallacy.

Hardly points out the lack of consistency some have when it comes to 'human' life.

Seems to me those so 'outrage' about 'police violence' would be equally 'outrage' when it comes to 'womb violence'.

I wonder why some are ignoring that fact.

Is that what passes for 'debate'.
edit on 23-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

So... only pro-choice people support the right to not be murdered in the street for misdemeanors?

Are you saying that all pro-life people are cool with police killing unarmed Americans?

I imagine your thread alienates just about any person who reads it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Out of courtesy... My final reply in this double trap thread...

The sperm cells literally have to fight their way through the three layers, first using chemicals contained in their acrosome, and then using a spike on their head to puncture a hole as the sperm forces its way forward by thrashing its tail. Finally, should one sperm cell get this far and make contact with the egg membrane, it is engulfed and can then go about fertilisation

This says nothing about the sperm dying.

It states that once contact is made both genetic elements combine to begin fertalisation.

Transforms is probably the correct term rather than "dies"...

Now, given that a lot of human traits are genetic, including mental issues...
I'd say there is no reason to believe that there is intelligence involved in a foetus.

We're not going to change each other's minds.
I'm fine with that.

Have a good day.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

So... only pro-choice people support the right to not be murdered in the street for misdemeanors?

What crime has a fetus committed?

Other than being in the wrong place in the wrong time.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

How about this angle?

A fetus operates as any parasitic organism does, siphoning nutrients from its host. Further, the less humans, the better the state of nature. Not protesting outside of abortion clinics is contributing to the well-being of not only the host, but also the well-being of the entire earth.

Logic connected by silly string.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
When life begins in not fact. It's an opinion. There are good arguments on both ends of the spectrum and everywhere in between. It's been debated for decades. For Cuomo (or anyone) to make that statement implies that he knows undoubtedly when life begins. Again, tolerance only being extended to those that share the same viewpoint and further perpetuating the right/left, conservative/liberal, elephant/donkey rift. It's all about an agenda and not the actual issue.

With that part of the OP, I agree. Regarding the rest, I don't agree that protesting against one issue requires you to protest against another; even if they may or may not be related.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join