It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for those who are supporting the 'protests'.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The point has been made. The protestors hypocrisy has already been exposed.

And no one ever said a word about making it abortion illegal.

edit on 23-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alishainwonderland
This thread is already annoying.
Where is the link to support that 1% of all blacks are killed by police?

And abortion tied into racial tensions. This is going to get ugly really quickly. Not to mention all of the feminism debates on here. And you're starting out your post assuming that everyone who supports the protests, supports abortion.

But it's ok...
I'm just here to read the comments.

Go search my posts and you will find it, within the past 7 days of posts.

I have had posts deleted for repeating items like this in other posts, so I can not repeat it or the Mods might delete my entire post. The information is there and should not be hard for you to find.

Correction:
Previous deleted, correction inserted

www.fbi.gov... e_data_table_1_murder_victims_by_race_and_sex_2013.xls

These are 2013 stats because 2014 are not in yet

Total 12,253 Killed/Murdered/Justified Homicide
White 5,537
Black 6,261

blogs.channel4.com...

So there are more black people killed/murdered killed by any cause,
therefore the percentage of whites and blacks killed by police can be exactly the same
and still say more blacks are murdered by police than whites
but it is still true that police killings account for 1% of all killings of both races

I taught Research Methods in college and
the people who are trumping up the stats you see
are playing with them to make things look unfair and unequal

“Ninety-three per cent of blacks in America are killed by other blacks.” His point was that black-on-black violence claims more lives than police killings, while attracting less publicity. He’s right about the 93 per cent, which comes from Bureau of Justice Statistics research into homicides from 1980 to 2008. What he failed to mention is that the vast majority of white victims were also killed by whites in the same period – 84 per cent. There’s a simple explanation for this. Most murders involve the victim’s family and friends, who are more likely to be from the same race.

blogs.channel4.com...

So also true is that
more blacks are murdered each year than whites
but the vast majority percentage wise are killed by other blacks

It is also true that blacks are a much smaller proportion of the population
(due in large part to abortion which has made the gap wider)
than white people
however,
it is also true that black people are far more likely to murder others
than white people are

percentage wise 1% are killed by police
and the same percentage is true for white people

complex but true, the black community is being played and used by black leaders who
have financial investment in race baiting
that is how they get their income
Jackson/Sharpton collected donations at Ferguson riots, google it.

edit on 12Tue, 23 Dec 2014 12:20:08 -0600pm122312pmk232 by grandmakdw because: correction

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Someone is generalising an entire group of people...

Seriously, this thread is pretty bad man...i mean, i haven't agreed with many of your prior threads, but this is just ludicrous.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Someone is generalising an entire group of people..

Oh like the police have been?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Why are the protesters hypocrites?

I don't see them out there holding signs that say "Black Lives Matter, Kill All Fetuses".

Your argument is, again, flawed.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yes...

Many people are generalising other groups, yourself included. Just because some protestors generalise the police doesn't mean you should generalise all protestors...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Once again.

'Black lives' matter is what they are saying, but when it comes to abortion.

They really don't.

Why are they not outside protesting abortion clinics ? Instead of Mall of America.

Because that doesn't fit the false narrative being spun.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Yes...

Many people are generalising other groups, yourself included. Just because some protestors generalise the police doesn't mean you should generalise all protestors...

Curious why do they get to, and I don't ?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You have to look at it in the given context.

Protestors are saying that all lives matter...that black lives matter, when it comes down to these situations. They're not all pro or anti-Abortion, but that topic has no place when they aren't even referring to it.

You're trying to draw a line where there is none. Someone can protest against police brutality on black people and still support abortion if they so choose.

edit on 23-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Once again.

'Black lives' matter is what they are saying, but when it comes to abortion.

They really don't.

Why are they not outside protesting abortion clinics ? Instead of Mall of America.

Because that doesn't fit the false narrative being spun.

Why in the WORLD would protesters of police violence even weigh in on the matter of abortion? I have not seen a single protester even remark on the issue of abortion. The ONLY person that seems to be attempting to connect the two is you.
edit on 23-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: are != is

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

They're not all anti-Abortion, but that topic has no place when they aren't even referring to it.

That's the point.

They don't.

And it has every place in the discussion because 'lives' matter.

That clump of cells is human life whether some people either can't or don't want to admit it.

When that life is extinguished by a gun, chokehold, or a coathanger the result is the same.

Life ends.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Look for 2 different items, the actual of number of blacks killed by police each year, and the actual number of whites killed by police each year.

I'm NOT going to go search your posts! You can do that and link us to that post if you want to, but, I'm calling BS!

There are no credible national numbers for police shootings, period, especially not black statistics vs hispanic, for example! That's part of the problem, there's no methods of data collection on such statistics right now, which is unacceptable. www.politifact.com...

Comparing the outcry against police shootings of unarmed citizens to women's rights issues is just ludicrous. But, nothing that comes from fascist anti-choicers surprises me anymore.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If I hack a hunk of flesh off my body, is that resulting lump of human skin and muscle tissue life? It's a clump of human cells. By your measuring stick it MUST be life, and therefore if I chuck it in the garbage I'm a dirty murderer.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Yes...

Curious why do they get to, and I don't ?

I'm not saying that they get to and you don't. I'm saying that regardless as to whether or not they do it, you shouldn't lower your standards and start doing it also. I'm sure not all protestors are generalising the police anyway. So i don't know why you want to start trouble by generalising them.

Whatever, i don't really care anyway, lol. If i were you, i'd just ignore the fools who continue to generalise others...but instead you choose to engage in the same behaviour for argumentative purposes i assume.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

They're not all anti-Abortion, but that topic has no place when they aren't even referring to it.

That's the point.

They don't.

And it has every place in the discussion because 'lives' matter.

That clump of cells is human life whether some people either can't or don't want to admit it.

When that life is extinguished by a gun, chokehold, or a coathanger the result is the same.

Life ends.

You're taking their arguments out of context though. They're not weighing in on abortion matters, and they have no need to. They're protesting the fact that some police officers have killed African-Americans. They're protesting the fact by stating that black lives matter just as much as white lives. Abortion has no place in these arguments, as they're not even referring to the topic. Most are arguing strictly in terms of police brutality, quite obviously.
edit on 23-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

eh, a person whose braindead is technically "alive" if you want to go that way.

but they're not really alive, or a human or a person anymore, since there isn't anything there.

as I see it, life does not begin either at conception or birth, but somewhere in between.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

If I hack a hunk of flesh off my body, is that resulting lump of human skin and muscle tissue life? It's a clump of human cells. By your measuring stick it MUST be life, and therefore if I chuck it in the garbage I'm a dirty murderer.

Thar 'hunk' of flesh have a heart.lungs,brain. That grows up in to a living,breathing, thinking human being ?

Nope.

That clump in cells in the womb does, and as such DESERVES the same protections we have.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You're taking their arguments out of context though.

Nope.

The events in question have been taken out of context.

Hell it's why we are even talking about the police, and how they 'slaughter' minorities in this country.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Neo we have already had this discussion and you told me its all part of barry's holocaust 2.0 that he is carrying out.

Get real neo, they are protesting police violence, abortion had nothing to do with it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I am real seems some people are ignoring a hell of it a lot.

'Police violence' eh ?

Guess ignore the public's just as violent more so because they get to call it 'free speech' and 'freedom of expression'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join