It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicopee Man Faces Charges For ‘Put Wings On Pigs’ Facebook Post

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Beyond public scorn? I disagree.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Beyond public scorn? I disagree.

We can disagree. That's perfectly okay. i guess the courts will decide.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i really don't care if any of you agree with me or not, but lets take a look at this from yet another point of view. We all know that NYPD is one of the most brutal, and crooked departments around, they do not have the greatest track record with public relations. As far as these two dummies getting killed in the line of duty or whatever, people are starting to get real sick of cop corruption, and this right here is what I would consider a natural order of things to come if cops don't start getting better training, and changing their tune with communities. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, cops wanna play stupid games, they win stupid prizes. As for this kid catching charges for what he said, or posted, it's ridiculous this isn't nazi Germany folks. And no, I don't think he is an idiot either. He is obviously sick of police actions as of late like the rest of us, he just wanted to express his distaste for them as well. There were no actual threats made. And as for you people out there saying he is an idiot, or should do time for this, you can all shut the f up. At least he is verbalizing his opinion, and standing up to a gang of thugs with no fear. C'mon people, wake up and look at what the police, and justice system are doing to the united states. This place is slowly turning into a war zone because of them, and their instigating.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: TheBlackDog
a reply to: Kali74
The guy's an idiot and deserves whatever charges he's facing.

Maybe there should be a minimum jail term for being a Idiot..like a month hard labour or something, but no doubt TPTB will hit him with some form of terrorism charge and he will have his life ruined.

Happened here in the Scotland to a couple of Kids..Three years in prison for a facebook post during the London Riots.

Yet The Leader of a well known organization here in Scotland in July 2001 threatened that his 40,000 plus members would..and i quote,"become a Paramilitary organisation, if the SNP held a referendum on Independence" and the Police refused to even look into it.... Rules for some.

I think it is about 72 hours actually. that's the length of time he can be held without formal review by a judge. they'll make his dumb ass sweat that long.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

It doesn't take a judge. There are several statuses a person can be placed under - one is a 72 hour hold, but the others are longer. The 72 hour hold only applies to criminal charges being filed.

ETA: I'm suggesting they could judge him "emotionally unstable" and keep him for much longer.

edit on 12/24/14 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- As a retired cop My first reaction is the old adage to mean "when pigs fly" as to NOT sit around waiting or if impatient attach wings to a pig to hasten the process, then You run into "haste makes waste" Did "they" (the establishment) throw out the "sticks and stones rule" ? How about the cop can't be a victim of a disturbing the peace (415 p.c. in Ca.) There is no violation here except of the speaker's Constitutional Rights and that is to say anything He/She wants as long as it doesn't entice a person to act out i.e. shouting FIRE!!! in a crowded theatre, now We just shoot them for using a cell phone...

Does the Prison Industry™ need bodies that much??? Those of You that enjoy Your guns better give a 'snip' because if the First Amendment is taken away what comes next?? Remember You're going to have a 'majority' that got beat up in high school or have some other vendetta so You having guns just makes it "more fun" .. If You champion One right You have to champion ALL the rights... see the ATS™ thread where the cops are after Constitutionalists. The Constitution is where Y'all find those amendments I typed about..

Amendment #1) Gives this brain donor that right, luckily We didn't have to go too far down due 'most' attention spans.. We'd be ALL the way to about the 3rd Amendment before the first text..

Now the cops in Chicopee when not down by the Spalding™ factory can also say things that may be construed as "stupid"
but what do I know?
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: spelling fo paw/fore foot

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
It wasn't a "quote" either. The cop killer wrote, "I'm putting wings on pigs today." This idiot said "Put Wings on Pigs," as in do it, as in an incitement. F**k that s**t...nd his right to "free" speech. There are times when people need to be held accountable for what they say.

Complete friend of liberty you are!

Thought police have no place in a land of liberty.

Derek

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
It wasn't a "quote" either. The cop killer wrote, "I'm putting wings on pigs today." This idiot said "Put Wings on Pigs," as in do it, as in an incitement. F**k that s**t...nd his right to "free" speech. There are times when people need to be held accountable for what they say.

Complete friend of liberty you are!

Thought police have no place in a land of liberty.

Derek

Liberty means I am entitled to my opinion and to speak it as much as you are to yours and to speak it.

Given the situation with the NYPD, it's pretty plain to me that this doofus took this up as a call to arms and decided to spread the word.

That you see it differently may just mean we've had different experiences and interpret things differently.

And that you see fit to deridingly call me a friend of liberty, with an exclamation point at that, doesn't bother me at all. Now back pedal and tell me you didn't do that.

ETA:
If threats were being made against me, my family, or my company, you can bet your ass I'd do something about it. Why would the police not? Particularly in light of the threats made against the NYPD and were ignored until it was too late and ended in tragedy?

Anti-police social media postings have spawned a wave of arrests across the United States in recent days, after the double murder of two New York Police Department officers on Saturday was revealed to be predated by an ominous internet threat.

Individuals in New York, New Jersey, and Colorado were apprehended by law enforcement on Monday this week for making web postings purported to advocate killing cops, local networks reported. That same day, police in Massachusetts announced they are pursuing criminal charges against a man who wrote the term “put wings on pigs” on his personal Facebook page – a reference to a social media post that prefaced Saturday’s double homicide.

Devon Coley, 18, was arrested by police in Brooklyn on Monday and arraigned on a charge of making a terroristic threat after posting on Facebook a cartoon of a gunman opening fire at a patrol car alongside the phrase "73Nextt,” believed to be in reference to a nearby police precinct.

Thirty miles away, authorities in Tinton Falls, NJ arrested Matthew Reardon, 29, and charged him with threats against police for writing on his own profile: "Don't wanna get clipped while sitting in your squad car?? Don't be a (expletives deleted) pig who's looking to get killed…Everyone who goes out of their way to (expletive deleted) with other people should get executed in cold blood.”

In Colorado Springs, CO, 33-year-old military vet Jeremiah M. Perez was caught by police and later arraigned for posting online, among other threats, “VETERANS WILL KILL RETIRED HELPLESS COPS." [More Here]

The wonderful thing about free speech is that you have it. But that in no way precludes the fact that speech has consequences, and that some speech, particularly, again, in today's climate, will be at the very least investigated.

The other thing about speech is that it is not thought, so how the "mind police" or "thought police" even comes into something that is clearly out there in black and white, is a bit of a stretch.

So babble on...freely.
edit on 12/24/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

I know I'm chiming in here late, but please keep in mind that threatening someone--whether or not the threatened act actually takes place--IS a crime, and one for which someone can be arrested if an officer deems it appropriate.

This is easily construed as a threat, especially considering he was mimicking the murderer of two police officers in making that statement. Given the overall circumstances, this was an appropriate arrest. The police did not "[violate] a person's rights by arresting them" in this case. To claim that is absurd.

Threats are absolutely a case-by-case thing, and you can't generalize in this particular situation--and you'd be singing a different tune if the police did not arrest him and then he copycatted the murders of the two NYPD officers. At least, I hope you would.

You keep going on about constitutional rights, but be specific here--which "right" was violated by arresting someone who communicated a threat to police officers?

On a side note, if this story pans out to be true (there's conveneintly been no screen capture released of the statement), this retired officer should also be arrested for something, if applicable (I don't know if solicitation of murder or anything like that is appropriate): Report: Retired cop investigated for urging killing of Chicopee man over 'put wings on pigs' comment

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

This is what happens when we live in a world where those claiming "offense" have power over those expressing thoughts.

The alleged crime in this case is based on the perceptions of those claiming offense, not the actions of the accused.

Seriously f&#ked up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join