It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all the good conspiracy theories gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
911 is a distant and tragic memory, 2012 has come and gone along with niribu and all the other apocolypses.

Roswell and area 51 gone, Ufo vids are debunked before they have even been posted.

JFK is done to death, crop circles and orbs, Rods (remember rods?)

Illuminati and the new world order?

Ancient aliens, who dares talk about them anymore with being meme'd to death?

I tell you if something whacked out does not come along soon I'm going to go sane.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I would say the Sony hack to bring internet control into the hands of governments and corporations is a good one happening right before our eyes!

Obama already said he wanted Congress to work on internet security come January, so watch for a version of CISPA to return with new teeth......

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Blood Moons.

Putin will undoubtedly do something stupid as his economy crashes.

Volcaonos, Earthquakes, Chemtrails.

"Hillary 2014"

And I'm sure there'll always be some 'wild card' to come up (another Malaysian flight)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There is definatley a lot of political stuff going on as ever and I certainly do not wish for a disaster to satisfy my curiosity.

It just seems like we ran out of steam with some of the more unusual subjects and nothing came along to replace them.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well you could go sane and give us something from that perspective to chew on.

Its winter in Ukraine, the cold is doing the work now, not shells. Nothing to report there.

Gaza will never become a sovereign state.

Syria is being reduced to rubble in secret.

Iraq? Iraq?

Afghanistan? What more can be said about these places? They are embarrassing blemishes on the official record.

But wait… there will be another distracting media campaign along in 3,2,1…

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
In many ways I agree, but what I think is missed in the discussion of conspiracy theory is that nearly everything we see in our environment is related to a conspiracy theory. The mind bending via media and marketing is extraordinary (read what Edward Bernays was into and who he influenced more than 60 years ago, apply time and experience and you get a scary picture of possibility), and I have to honestly question absolutely everything we experience as we have little way of knowing where reality and the construct of the desired picture divide—my guess is that its such a rich amalgamation of both that discerning which is which would be nearly impossible without knowing the grand plan.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Many conspiracies are either old hat or bogus-especially when it concerns ufology. But if are vigilant you just might find something that doesn't add up.

edit on 23-12-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Sandy Hook still has legs imo, but it's been banished; which even adds to the conspiracy!

High level Brit pedophiles has the probability to blow sky high.

UFOs and nondisclosure, Alien technology, UfO cults, abductions, will always be the the core draw with paranormal/religion conspiracies, coming in a close second.
edit on 23-12-2014 by olaru12 because: %^E3hhDfgh

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
otherboard discussion on creating one.

www.survivalistboards.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I should expect after much independent study and discussion that some of the stranger conspiracy theories were put away for good. I know I killed the 'follow the oil' conspiracy theory when I posted a chart showing from which countries the U.S. actually imports oil...the Middle East being insignificant.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The problem lies in the fact that we've all gotten so good at debunking things. We have the power of the internet at our fingertips. We can parse fifty different sources for information in a fraction of a second. The conspiracies you mentioned are all in the past. People don't want to think about what happened years ago, when everything on the TV these days is about instant sensory overload. The Sony thing doesn't matter to people because it's a major corporation that got hit. Most people here are already against corporations, so practically all of us shrugged our shoulders and smirked. We didn't even care that celebrities were affected. They are all millionaires. Why on earth would we care about their minor inconveniences? That's not a conspiracy worth even thinking about for the average Joe.

The conspiracies these days are largely gone, or are so glossed over that we're now numb to them. We've all accepted (against our will, but accepted nonetheless) perpetual war, oil wars, trade wars, and an economy that doesn't feel like we're doing that well in it. It's all corporations and nation states fighting at this level. We're just sitting on the porch, watching the show. We have no skin in the game (aside from the actual wars). The race wars in the US and Europe are diversionary tactics that anyone with an IQ of above my birthweight can see right through for being entirely divisive and perpetrated by those same elitist corporations (because the politicians are all the corporations puppets).

What do we have left? Nothing. We're waiting for something that we can't "shoot down and debunk" immediately. We're all waiting for something that quite possibly won't ever arrive. We'll have prepped and gotten ready for nothing, just like our grandparents did during the Cuban Missile Crisis. We bought a bunch of stuff, got ready, and stimulated the economy by purchasing stuff that will gather dust and never be used. We all got played by the corporations.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I would say the Sony hack to bring internet control into the hands of governments and corporations is a good one happening right before our eyes!

Obama already said he wanted Congress to work on internet security come January, so watch for a version of CISPA to return with new teeth......

Gotta agree with the above, sink your teeth into that Puppy as you should because this will mean something to us all here on ATS.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Here is a good one....I hope this satisfy's your itch.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thank you for that but It will tell in the test of time.

That is, I will admit a damn fine Heff made post and one that I am following but 911 and 2012 got htere own forums.

Chemtrails, cropcircles and Ufo's stoodd the test of time.

I will again thank you but I do not see this one being the next big thing.

Maybe I was in the right place at the right time.
a reply to: Iwinder

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm going to guess that much of what used to be considered 'fringe' is now mainstream. People in general have a sense that awful and also wonderful and strange stuff is going on.

We are now tasked with gathering the evidence to support these 'elderly' conspiracies, rather than revealing them, as was the case in earlier years.

top topics

join