It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connect [HOL2014]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I might be dead.

I was driving, it was snowy. There was a gust of wind, and a broken guard. It's interesting how a force as weak as gravity can cause so much damage. Nobody would save me, I was too far gone. I don't blame them, it's not their fault.

I open my eyes. I'm sitting in a void of pure white on what appears to be nondescript wooden chair. In front of me, a young looking woman sits behind a small wooden desk. She regards me warmly.

"You're back."

Back? Had I gone somewhere?

"Yes, you were gone for 27 years."

It's then that I notice her wings. Pure white, delicate feathers. Wait, did she just read my-

"Yes, well, not really reading. I can hear you, though."

This is too much.

"Am I dead?"

"If you're here, I'd say that's a striking possibility."

"Is this Heaven?"

"Humans are such interesting creatures. So quizzical. Some people call it that. Others call it Purgatory, Nirvana. There's a race near what you call Tau Ceti that calls this Connect. That's pretty close, actually."

"So what happens now?"

"Well, that's really up to you. You can stay here, I can show you around. Though, "around" isn't really the right word for it. Or you can go back to Earth. Of course, you'll be reborn, but life is funny like that. You don't even have to go to Earth, I can send you elsewhere if you like. Maybe somewhere with less conflict?"

"Are you God?"

She laughs, it's almost musical.

"Goodness no. Technically, I'm not even real. I'm... let's say I'm a chaperone. I'm also you. Kind of."

"What.. what is the meaning of all this? Why are we here?"

"Well, if you elect to stay here, I can explain it all to you. If you decide to go back, it wouldn't be of any use, you won't remember any of this anyway."

"So I have to choose between knowing the answer and living?"

"Essentially, yes. Though you already know the answer. I've told you before, you just don't remember it."

"Oh, what's this? Hey, an old fashioned Christmas Miracle."

She smiles at me.

"Huh? what do you mean?"

"Don't worry, soon it will all become clear."

I feel a pull at my chest. It's painful. I look to the woman in front of me searching for answers.
"I don't understand...."

She leans forward, giggling, then shouts loudly at me.

"CLEAR!"

She fades from view, and pain wracks at my body. I convulse in agony, my eyes shutting tightly. Everything fades to black.

When I regain consciousness, I see man in a white coat standing over me.

"Hey, welcome back to us. We almost lost you."
My throat is hoarse, and I can't speak. There's a tube sticking down my windpipe.
"Someone saw your accident and called it in. You're lucky to be alive. Your heart stopped more than once."

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Great Story. Very nice. I enjoy reading your posts on the forum too.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I usually write sci-fi/horror fiction so this was a new one for me.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Dark for holidays!

Blue dialogue makes it very easy to read. Is a minor thing, maybe over looked and maybe didn't but defibrillators don't 'restart' stopped hearts. Though I guess could have stopped, been restarted manually and then started beating irregularly! Or something like this, I'm only a doctor on Mondays.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

I'm no doctor, so I don't know all the fancy stuff they do! Call it creative license.

Thanks for the kind words, though.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

That was great!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Thanks! It came about partially from a dream I had a few days ago.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

This is a Most Excellent Tale!!! I see it is from a Dream You Had?!
Cool Dream indeed!!!!!!
Very Well written!!! S+F For You!!!
Syx.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Yup! Thank you for reading it! I'm really touched that so many people enjoyed it.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Hi ScientificRailgun!

Wow...I really liked that! Good stuff...I could definitely keep reading more! (hint hint)

As synchronicity would have it, I just watched "The Matrix" for the first time last night. I know...whaaaat? You're here, and you've never seen "The Matrix"?? I have tried in the past, but always fallen asleep, lol.

Sooo...the premise of, would you choose 'knowledge of the truth' over 'life'? Considering how most of my life has seemed to be a constant quest for 'the truth'....I would choose 'truth' over 'life' IF I didn't have people here who need me. But I do.

S&F
jacygirl

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi Jacy! I'm glad you liked it!

I loved the Matrix, what a great film! The sequels could have been better though. I tend to have a lot of dreams along the "knowledge vs. ignorance" theme. Maybe after the HOL2014 is over I'll continue this one.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You should continue it!
I know the theme has been done numerous times, there are still different ways to take it.
Leaving it where the 'character' is just waking up, back in her "real life"...was a tease, lol.

I will keep reading, if you decide to add more.

jacygirl

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I am a big tease, reading it over again.

I'll continue it at some point, promise!

top topics

join