It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the british have defeated every country in war, al murray

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
For pity's sake......

Far more impressive than Britain's war record.....we have a damn sight better tradition of our sense of humour.
British have the ability to see humour in any given situation and like nothing better than taking the piss out everyone and everything, more often than not themselves.
Its my humble opinion that only the Aussies and Kiwi's really get Brit humour and have something resembling it themselves.

He's a comedian, he does comedy....if you don't like it, don't watch it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
S&f for the laugh

How is the war on drugs going

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: muckleduck
yes, me too why do u think canad fought american "liberators" so hard after 1812 lol

the americans believed all they would have to do is march thru canda and they would be greeted as heroes.

far from it.

i dont see many canadians flockin en masse to the usa, probably because we have more freedom.

I don't see many Americans flocking to Canada en masse either. Canada still has its war on drugs. So it is just as restrictive freedomwise as America is. And with Holder in office, that won't change anytime soon.

not really they have much the same laws we have regarding drugs.

caught with a kilo of weed here - likely to get a couple of months at most if its your first offence.

guy in my city got caught with 700k worth of heroin and coc aine - 5 years with previous offences

compare that to americans getting life on the 3 strike rule for bieng in possesion of a joint.

dont believe the hype.

when i get stopped in my car and it stinks of weed, they ask me and i admit i do smoke weed, nothing further.

try that in america?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

not sure where this thread fits really if it needs moved feel free to do so.

never paid al murray much attention before hes actually quite good, the guy seems to know history quite well.

listen closesly to the bit when someone brings up america

still think america won the war of independance?

why u think u fly OUR colours of the union.

basically the audience shout out a country and he responds with how the british defeated them in war at some point.

with histroical facts.

The Empire is why I have been able to get a proper gin and tonic pretty much anywhere in the world.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

caught with a kilo of weed here - likely to get a couple of months at most if its your first offence.

guy in my city got caught with 700k worth of heroin and coc aine - 5 years with previous offences

compare that to americans getting life on the 3 strike rule for bieng in possesion of a joint.

dont believe the hype.

Which hype are you believing? For one, the three-strikes laws aren't ubiquitous throughout the country. Only 24 states have them.

And people don't go to jail for life for a joint, even if they are in violation of the three-strikes law.

when i get stopped in my car and it stinks of weed, they ask me and i admit i do smoke weed, nothing further.

try that in america?

Depends on where you are in America. Here in Maryland, cops aren't allowed to search your car anymore by saying they smell weed.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
For pity's sake......

Far more impressive than Britain's war record.....we have a damn sight better tradition of our sense of humour.
British have the ability to see humour in any given situation and like nothing better than taking the piss out everyone and everything, more often than not themselves.
Its my humble opinion that only the Aussies and Kiwi's really get Brit humour and have something resembling it themselves.

He's a comedian, he does comedy....if you don't like it, don't watch it.

Sorry mate but you missed the Dutchies. They (uniquely in Europe) share our humour too

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Probably only the Jews can match the Brits with self-abusive humour.

You're right about Australians & New Zealandera too.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Guess he forgot about afghanistan where they got tossed out just like every other invader throughout history ..

Didn't we have Brits in Vietnam? We darn sure had Some rather neat guys from 2 places down under..
I think on a world map the Brits have invaded every country except for six... But that was then and now is today.. I always thought (being rather archaic no doubt) that winning a war was to occupy the enemies land hear the wailing of the women as their men were slain and they themselves were placed in chains...Hummm ISIS anyone ? Someone has watched to much Conan the Barbarian ?
The six country thing might be off by one or two but there was an article last year with a map that showed/said 6 if my memory serves me...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

dont believe the hype.

Which hype are you believing? For one, the three-strikes laws aren't ubiquitous throughout the country. Only 24 states have them.

And people don't go to jail for life for a joint, even if they are in violation of the three-strikes law.

try that in america?

Depends on where you are in America. Here in Maryland, cops aren't allowed to search your car anymore by saying they smell weed.

fair enough i dont know the 3 strike rule well but thats what i had heard, doesnt matter what ur 3rd strike is u get life?

from what i see daily on how slight violations in america can have u sittin in a cell or years before u even go to trial.

ive never had my weed taken off me by a police officer either.

if you arent bothering anyone they leave u to it, they have more important things to be getting on wth than hassling someone for smoking a substance that they have probably smoked/still smoke themselves.

they talked about arming the police here on the streets of scotland , it wont happen though because when u increase the level of force then the criminals will follow suit.

they also remember that they have to take that uniform off at night and return to the communities, they cant be superman 24/7

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: muckleduck

Hey I'm not saying we don't have a police problem here in the states (we do), but you should research your accusations a bit more before you start slinging them around. The three strikes law only applies to serious felonies or violent crimes. So you wouldn't get life for a joint, but you could get life for trafficking weed.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The USA's Criminal Justice system sucks, and Canada is adopting it's practices.

Canada’s prison population at all-time high

www.cbc.ca...

Yay! You're both right! We all lose.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Hey I'm not saying we don't have a police problem here in the states (we do), but you should research your accusations a bit more before you start slinging them around. The three strikes law only applies to serious felonies or violent crimes. So you wouldn't get life for a joint, but you could get life for trafficking weed.

well i stand corrected, its just what i had heard over the years.

but still if we compare drug relted incarcerations here to america u would find we serve VERY short sentences.

ive known people to get let out after a few months on good behaviour, ocking people away for 40 years achieves nothing other than killing a man from mental torture.

prison is easy in small doses.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i mean even for murder - 14 years and likely out in 7/8

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud
a reply to: noeltrotsky
There are many benefits in terms of trade and state partnership. I am actually quite proud of this.

Oh yeah, the benefits are just endless. We get to put the queens head on our coins.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i reckon frankie boyle could of broke america with his anti uk and queen routines. works a treat in scotland

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud
a reply to: noeltrotsky
There are many benefits in terms of trade and state partnership. I am actually quite proud of this.

Oh yeah, the benefits are just endless. We get to put the queens head on our coins.

A few years ago an Australian gentleman showed my how one could make a rude picture by folding an Australian bill with the queen's portrait in a certain manner.

It was a 5 dollar note, if I recall.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

this is imo one of the best comedins in the uk, not just because of his humour , but behind the scenes hes very political.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
can do it with british notes too, u can make her smile
or sad

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Love Al Murry as the Pub Landlord.
Used to know quite a few real landlords just the same.
Gotta know a bit of everything when you are in that game.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

More funny

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join