It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replacing all technology including nano with SOLID LIGHT moving to sub-atomic technology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Just an idea, think of light printed food at the atomic level a virtual 3D printer that can end world hunger...

I can't believe it...there's an old TV skit that's NOT on youtube or, as far as I can tell, google.

There was at one time an SNL or Second City skit that started off just like a "feed the children" ad. Only when it got to the pitch, the guy said something like "There are so many children. We can't feed them all. And if we do, then we'll have even more children to feed. It's an endless cycle. But there is a way out of this cycle of poverty and hunger. For only 30 cents a child, we can put a stop to it. A stop to the pain. The deprivation. The hunger. The illness. We can put these children to sleep, painlessly. Won't you help end the suffering? Send your donations to Kill the Children Foundation"

You see, there IS no ending world hunger. People, like any other animal, will breed up to the limit of their resources. If you feed everyone, then you get more people until you CAN'T feed everyone.

"The power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man" - Malthus

No we were talking about this SNL skit, not just birth controll Arbitrageur.

But we will be moving on.

I liked what you said about sunlight and solar power. The sun has all the energy we could ever need and more.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So here is some more information based on light creating matter. I am thinking that in future times this technology could eventually be perfected. Meaning once you learn how to start creating matter then comes different types of matter, after that comes forming tools with that matter. I would also imagine this technology would become smaller and smaller just like computers started as big labs but now they are in our pockets and wrist watches. Just a few ideas one day a wrist watch that could create anything you ever wanted like tools, foods like a peanut buter and jelly sammich, clothing that adapted to any environment which changed to the will of the wearer, a Green Lantern power ring that emulates your favorite old school heroes, or remake yourself with a skin that made you into any comic book hero you could imagine. Coolness to say the least.

How energy can create matter - Six Billion Dollar Experiment
Scientists talk about energy and matter and what they now understand.

19 Scientists Intend To Create Matter From Light.

Scientists have found out how to turn pure light into matter for the very first time -- after 80 years of trying.
The idea was first dreamt up in 1934 by two physicists, but they never expected anybody to be able to physically demonstrate their prediction.
But researchers at Imperial College London say they have found a way to convert light into matter by using new equipment in the form of an extremely powerful high-intensity laser, capable of speeding up electrons to just below the speed of light.The 80-year-old theory involved smashing together two particles of light, or photons, to create an electron and a positron - subatomic particles found in all materials.

So here are a few news stories on the effect of light forming a type of matter similar to movie lightsabers.
Its nice to see this stuff in the news as it opens the minds of our society of more possibilities in the future to come.

The Lightsaber Molecule: Light-Matter Is Real.

Physicists have found a new form of matter, by binding together photons. Some are making the comparison to lightsabers, which is a good analogy...kind of. Photons are mass-less, but during an experiement, researched found a way to make the photons behave as though they have matter, so calling the matter a lightsaber works. Kind of.

Here is a group working ever so slowly towards programable matter. I am thinking eventually far down the road to the future these things will be more concrete. I think in the future swarms of nanobots may be able to accomplish this and manipulate sound and light even at the atomic level giving the illusion of various objects and tools we use in our daily lives.

(Tiny) Reconfigurable Robots at MIT

So here Dr Michio Kaku talks about his ideas for a real Holodeck. To be honest not too impressive, I would imagine in a future world a swarm of nanobots which function like an aura around an individual manipulating light and sound and even the atoms themselves to create an experiance thought of as real from the observers perspective.

Sci-Fi Science: Physics of the Impossible Holodeck

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I found this interesting article basically saying the same things, perhaps we can make the Green Lantern a possible.

I may not remember much from high school, having steadily killed my brain cells on booze since then, but I do remember the part about light having the properties of both a particle and a wave, yet not defined as either one exactly.

That may be changing. Harvard and MIT scientists have recently managed to create molecules from photons - that is, made light into tangible particles. And of course they have a handy pop-culture reference to describe it:

"It's not an in-apt analogy to compare this to light sabers," Lukin added. "When these photons interact with each other, they're pushing against and deflect each other. The physics of what's happening in these molecules is similar to what we see in the movies."
Well, yeah, except you haven't said anything about them cutting through stuff, which is the defining property of a lightsaber. As Cnet puts it, this is more like Tron. Or, as I put it, Green Lantern.

Lukin also suggested that the system might one day even be used to create complex three-dimensional structures - such as crystals - wholly out of light.
www.toplessrobot.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So I was thinking about the movie TRON and thier light based society was interesting to say the least. The idea is that light could essentially create anything instantly.

edit on 28-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I thought they covered the subject pretty well here on RT.

I wonder what future possibilities could be. . . . .

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Solid light or a retractable light has been observed in some UFO sightings, for who knows what purpose.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I would imagine an advanced civilization would have the ability to materilize anything with a thought. Creating various types of matter as thier solid light sub atomic bots swarms similar to nanobots would instantly create anything they desired out of layered lattice like structures capable of creating anything.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Solid light or a retractable light has been observed in some UFO sightings, for who knows what purpose.

It has been stated that astral beings use a type of solid light technology in order to move around the various universes.

There are many astral planets, teeming with astral beings.
The inhabitants use astral planes, or masses of light, to travel from one planet to another, faster than electricity and radioactive energies.

From The Autobiography Of A Yogi

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here are a few holograms, but they look like they have a ways to go.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I would love it if we could get some real solid light types of stuff, like 3d printers based on light itself. . . .

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I would love it if we could get some real solid light types of stuff, like 3d printers based on light itself. . . .

Except, as we've discussed, there IS no "solid light". So you won't be seeing any "real" types of stuff made out of Jaynes-Cummings dimers.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

This video shows a realtime recording of the 3D micro printing process by two-photon polymerization. We start with the CAD model of a Hellcat spaceship from Wing Commander Saga and use our 3D printer Photonic Professional GT to print a polymer model on the microscale. The final structure is then inspected with a scanning electron microscope (SEM). Overall printing time was less than 50 seconds for the ship with dimensions 125µm x 81µm x 26.8µm (l x w x h). The length of the spaceship is approximately equal to the diameter of a human hair

Here is some atomic scle 3d printing FTW!
edit on 19-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So it's printing at about 5 femtoliters per second. If the average Twinkie is about 140mL, it could print a Twinkie in just over 811 million years, if they could redesign to print with many different molecules instead of just one.

3D printing FTW!!!1

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

So it's printing at about 5 femtoliters per second. If the average Twinkie is about 140mL, it could print a Twinkie in just over 811 million years, if they could redesign to print with many different molecules instead of just one.

3D printing FTW!!!1

I know right lol! Its a start, they just need to get it make different things different kinds of materials and such.

And if they can get even smaller while thier at it.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Here is Michio Kaku talking about some of the wonders of nanotech, now just imagine what civilization will be able to do once they go even smaller to the atomic scale FTW!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I am reviving this 2014 thread with new and relevant information:

www.livescience.com...
ZIGZAG PHYSICS: LOOPHOLE MAKES LIGHT PARTICLES ACT DRUNK

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
So yeah they are 3d printing with light nowwhich is just the tip of the iceberg in my opinion!

I would like to see them start making 3d printed food with light FTW!

Stereolithography (SLA or SL; also known as optical fabrication, photo-solidification, solid free-form fabrication, solid imaging and Resin printing) is an additive manufacturing or 3D printing technology used for producing models, prototypes, patterns, and production parts up one layer at a time by curing a photo-reactive resin with a UV laser or another similar power source.

It seems like once a product becomes popular, they want to hurry up and close the source and hardware. Not so with this unique, consumer 3d printer by BQ.
edit on 19-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

So yeah they are 3d printing with light nowwhich is just the tip of the iceberg in my opinion!

I would like to see them start making 3d printed food with light FTW!

Well, no, no they aren't. At all. Even a tiny bit.

Protip: Don't google for keywords and stop there. The fact that "3D" "print" and "light" exist in an article doesn't mean they're 3D printing with light; you should read the hits you get.

And if you had, you'd have seen that's not what's going on here.

I award you...the fail whale.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Maybe he means solid air?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I remember watching a UFO documentary on T.V a few years back, and in one part a women was talking a UFO encounter she had. She explained how a UFO was hovering in the field by her house and as it was hovering it was shining a bright beam of light straight down into the field. She described this beam as "Solid Light" and explained how it left a physical imprint in the grass wherever it went. Very interesting stuff, i believe she had a video of it as well

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join