It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replacing all technology including nano with SOLID LIGHT moving to sub-atomic technology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I really want some of this kool-aid. It sounds awesome.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk
a reply to: AlephBet

The funniest part about all of that crap I'm not actually going to read is that I expected the "Solid Light" stuff to be the silliest thing in this thread.

Solid light is produced by the moving field through the anchor. The HIggs Boson is said to be still,while the dimensions below move in quantum current flow. Quantum Current Flow and Volution.

E in Latin is to emerge from. Volution is revolving around a fixed center. Evolution is rising to new life from baptism. Involution is the Spirit entering the whirlwind.

The science we already understand is consistent with the Bible's allegory of it. As Genesis states, we are here in a garden to toil toward the goal that has already been reached. When we finally realize this, we can then enter into that kingdom. That kingdom has a master. We are not the masters.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just imagine when it becomes a food ingredient! I'm all for practical applications with this tech. Why is there no harvested-photon light bulb array yet? If you had light particles that were tuned to be the brightest they could be you might be able to do some interesting things.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet

originally posted by: DrJunk

The funniest part about all of that crap I'm not actually going to read is that I expected the "Solid Light" stuff to be the silliest thing in this thread.

Solid light is produced by the moving field through the anchor. The HIggs Boson is said to be still,while the dimensions below move in quantum current flow. Quantum Current Flow and Volution.

E in Latin is to emerge from. Volution is revolving around a fixed center. Evolution is rising to new life from baptism. Involution is the Spirit entering the whirlwind.

The science we already understand is consistent with the Bible's allegory of it. As Genesis states, we are here in a garden to toil toward the goal that has already been reached. When we finally realize this, we can then enter into that kingdom. That kingdom has a master. We are not the masters.

You've realized it. How long until you enter?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet
Links and chains of information produce proteins from the catalyst.

Not so much. Proteins are chains of amino acids. Words are not.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee
Just imagine when it becomes a food ingredient! I'm all for practical applications with this tech. Why is there no harvested-photon light bulb array yet? If you had light particles that were tuned to be the brightest they could be you might be able to do some interesting things.

Just an idea, think of light printed food at the atomic level a virtual 3D printer that can end world hunger, endless possibilities there.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Ok heres the idea which I had and thought it deserved its own thread just for discussion sake. How about we begin to brainstorm on how to replace all technology and goods with solid light
I don't think that means what you think it means. For one thing, you forgot to put "solid" in quotes like your sources did, which by the way means it's not really solid, which means you can't do all that stuff you suggested.

originally posted by: Bedlam
It doesn't make "solid light" or "liquid light" in some form that falls out the bottom and you can put in a light saber. Or make a sammitch out of. Or a sex doll on a holodeck. It's an elegant demonstration of QED in the real world, though.
Cherry2000 seemed to have more of a basis in real physics, even the part where she shorted out in the bathtub, so I'm not sure why she needs to be made of light, just improve the waterproofing.

I'm almost tempted to ask you what that has to do with solid light, but I fear it would be pointless to even ask.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

You make an awesome point and I welcome your imput. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion and what your saying makes sense to me, may not to all, but oh well its different strokes for different folks. Some seek through meditation, others through study and communication through the internet. The idea that any tool could essentially be used for a variety of purposes is basically what I am getting to with some of this information, and the creation of new tools as a society like our phones, fabrics, robots, and computers just sharing new and old ideas for the fun of it. Thanks again for your loving light you are most welcome here.

If you know the Biblical side of the story, we are here to do one thing: CREATE new life. This thread is amazing if you know a few scriptures as references. Far from being a story against technology, it is a means to keep us on track as we do. Consider the technologies outlined in Deuteronomy 4.

Deuteronomy 4

15 You saw no form of any kind the day the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, 16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, 17 or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, 18 or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below. 19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

The iron smelting furnace is a refinery. We are going against the metaphorical self-righteous Yahweh for a reason. He does not want us to rise. If you really follow this story to its conclusion (Which I do Here), you see the point. We were given this garden to rise and discover. Yahweh is an allegorical adversary keeping us matched to Satan (Accuser / conscience). Far from being a story to stop us from developing our own creation, it is a means to throttle our minds in the process. We must gain equal wisdom in our pursuit as God's image. God made us to be like him--a creator.

The self-righteous mind is mirrored by the conscience. For good reason.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Why is there no harvested-photon light bulb array yet?

BEHOLD!!1!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Just an idea, think of light printed food at the atomic level a virtual 3D printer that can end world hunger...

I can't believe it...there's an old TV skit that's NOT on youtube or, as far as I can tell, google.

There was at one time an SNL or Second City skit that started off just like a "feed the children" ad. Only when it got to the pitch, the guy said something like "There are so many children. We can't feed them all. And if we do, then we'll have even more children to feed. It's an endless cycle. But there is a way out of this cycle of poverty and hunger. For only 30 cents a child, we can put a stop to it. A stop to the pain. The deprivation. The hunger. The illness. We can put these children to sleep, painlessly. Won't you help end the suffering? Send your donations to Kill the Children Foundation"

You see, there IS no ending world hunger. People, like any other animal, will breed up to the limit of their resources. If you feed everyone, then you get more people until you CAN'T feed everyone.

"The power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man" - Malthus

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Just an idea, think of light printed food at the atomic level a virtual 3D printer that can end world hunger...

I can't believe it...there's an old TV skit that's NOT on youtube or, as far as I can tell, google.

There was at one time an SNL or Second City skit that started off just like a "feed the children" ad. Only when it got to the pitch, the guy said something like "There are so many children. We can't feed them all. And if we do, then we'll have even more children to feed. It's an endless cycle. But there is a way out of this cycle of poverty and hunger. For only 30 cents a child, we can put a stop to it. A stop to the pain. The deprivation. The hunger. The illness. We can put these children to sleep, painlessly. Won't you help end the suffering? Send your donations to Kill the Children Foundation"

You see, there IS no ending world hunger. People, like any other animal, will breed up to the limit of their resources. If you feed everyone, then you get more people until you CAN'T feed everyone.

"The power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man" - Malthus

Bummer. . . . That souds kind of sick in a Marvel comic RED SKULL villiany type of way. Golly wheres Captain America when you need him, I would hope humanity would never succumb to such outright villiany even in jest. Ill have to put my own Cap mask on to change the course for the moral good of the world. We went from solid light to killing kids? Not ok to say the least.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

We went from solid light to killing kids? Not ok to say the least.

Maybe your 3D printer can print up some nice semi-permanent birth control devices?

THAT would go a long way to ending hunger.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Why is there no harvested-photon light bulb array yet?

BEHOLD!!1!

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "light beer"
edit on 23-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

We went from solid light to killing kids? Not ok to say the least.

Maybe your 3D printer can print up some nice semi-permanent birth control devices?

THAT would go a long way to ending hunger.

Since when are they mine?

Technology belongs to an entire society. As to your preocupation with depopulating the world, its clearly not a progressive thought for those who wish to have children. All have a right to life for those who desire it, its simply the natural way of things. Depopulation is in my opinion the very definition of evil perpetrated on the innocent. I doubt you think progressivly about people with kids, or kids for that matter. People who dont want kids dont have them, and people who do want children do have them. Its a matter of desire.

Children will inherit our future and our technologies solid light, atomic, 3D printers, computers or whatever it is the moral high road to give them proper moral tools to use the technology properly and aid in the navigation of thier new worlds.

They are the ones who dream of being Green Lanterns and Jedi Knights, and with thier dreams will come a world of the future which they will need thier good morals to not commit the mistakes of our past and present age. The future is comming we will no longer be a part of this the world, we will be the ones depopulated due to old age in due time.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
double post
edit on 23-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

As to your preocupation with depopulating the world, its clearly not a progressive thought for those who wish to have children. All have a right to life for those who desire it, its simply the natural way of things.

The natural way of things, alas, is to breed past the ability of the environment to support you. Then you have an epidemic, or a mass starvation. So wanting the natural way AND feeding all the children doesn't go together. The natural way is for the extras to starve.

eta:
Not that you can print food with light. But if you had a magic way to make all the food you wanted, it might not be a GOOD thing. Probably something more like "Troubles with Tribbles", only on a world wide scale with people.

Oh, and if you can make food on a magic 3D light printer, you can make...other things. I could, for instance, churn out a wad of anthrax spores. Or ricin, or a nice bottle of nickel carbonyl (a personal favorite!), maybe a block of zirconium-halogen nano-explosive. Maybe 3D light printing would be better not implemented, even if it was possible.
edit on 23-12-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

As to your preocupation with depopulating the world, its clearly not a progressive thought for those who wish to have children. All have a right to life for those who desire it, its simply the natural way of things.

The natural way of things, alas, is to breed past the ability of the environment to support you. Then you have an epidemic, or a mass starvation. So wanting the natural way AND feeding all the children doesn't go together. The natural way is for the extras to starve.

This is becoming a thread drift, why would you or any sane person want anyone to starve to death especially a kid, or ever be morally ok with that. The very idea shows a lack of moral balance.

We are discussing a future of progressive abundance, not death and self destruction of children.

To bring the thread back to the original topic think of how nanotechnology may change as light itself may create the next nanobots in a future age.

Radical abundance: how a revolution in nanotechnology will change civilization
Dr K. Eric Drexler, Academic Visitor at the Oxford Martin Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology, gives a talk on the subject of his book Radical Abundance: How a revolution in nanotechnology will change civilization.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
Yes that's pretty much what single celled organisms do when you breed them in an environment with a fixed amount of food. They keep breeding until all the food is used up and they have excreted a lot of waste by that point, so it may depend on the species and other specifics whether they die of mass starvation or from being poisoned by their own waste, but either option isn't that pretty.

You would think that humans with their intelligence superior to single celled organisms would be able to avoid a similar fate, but unfortunately your viewpoint seems to be in the minority so I'm not so sure what the fate of humans will be.

As to your preocupation with depopulating the world
He said birth control, which is not the same thing as depopulation. It could be used to reduce population as only one possibility, but that's not the only one...it can also be used to limit population growth to zero, or even limit population growth to some smaller positive value. If we don't find a replacement for fossil fuels by the time they become scarce, we are going to have a hard time feeding everybody even if population remains constant, because farming equipment runs on fossil fuels. I don't think we'll get the same productivity using oxen to draw plows, or whatever we resort to when fossil fuels become scarce.

I think the solution probably does lie in light, but not solid light, rather sunlight. There is no physics preventing solar power efficiency from being over 80% and if we can do enough of that we might keep feeding everybody without dependence on fossil fuels. Since average solar cell efficiency now is probably closer to 20% than 80%, we have a long way to go.

edit on 23-12-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

eta:

Not that you can print food with light. But if you had a magic way to make all the food you wanted, it might not be a GOOD thing. Probably something more like "Troubles with Tribbles", only on a world wide scale with people.

Oh, and if you can make food on a magic 3D light printer, you can make...other things. I could, for instance, churn out a wad of anthrax spores. Or ricin, or a nice bottle of nickel carbonyl (a personal favorite!), maybe a block of zirconium-halogen nano-explosive. Maybe 3D light printing would be better not implemented, even if it was possible.

I see you edited in something here that does make alot of sense.
Of course there are military applications to most any technology, but there re civilian applications as well. Sky is really the limit, people do have the right to bear arms and self defence, I doubt that would ever change reguardless of technology involved,

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

This is becoming a thread drift...

Well, the basic premise of the thread was a misunderstanding of the technology. But then YOU posted something on the order of "what if we could print food". And my reply is, basically, what if? Is that a good thing?

We are discussing a future of progressive abundance, not death and self destruction of children.

Progressive abundance can have unexpected side effects. Like unchecked reproduction. It's not all puppies and ice cream sammitches.

To bring the thread back to the original topic think of how nanotechnology may change as light itself may create the next nanobots in a future age.

Actually, no. Light itself won't, because as we discussed on this thread or the other one, the root article was about Jaynes-Cummings dimers, which aren't liquid light, or solid light, or anything other than a really nice Josephson tunneling trick that gives the appearance of fixing photons in a lattice.

eta: I note that Drexler left out what happens if you have a self-replicating machine with an error. See also: gray goo. That, too, would end world hunger, but probably not in a good way.
edit on 23-12-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join