It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To live like you are dieing....for some it's not just a song.

page: 1

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Death= The one part of life you can't escape. We are all going to die at some point....not knowing when is why we don't think about it more than we do. But some know...some have illness that will take their lives from them. Some suffer long lives waiting for death to come and ease their pain. And yet some end their lives by their own hands..... If you knew when you were gonna die would'nt you try to live life to it's fullest ? Would'nt you want to do the things you've always wanted to do ? Skydive, Deepsea dive, ride that bull the man sings about ?

For those on here that know me, the few that read my crap, know Ive been gone for awhile. Not really been on here in a few months....been dealing with my own death....yea you read it correctly. MY OWN DEATH. Sept 29th I was diagnosed with ALS...simply put I have about 4 to 6 years of life left. Maybe two good quality years I am told. Been dealing with kids and wife and brothers & sisters dealing with my situation.

It's the hand I was dealt...as my dad taught me " I'll play the hand as best I can" Been thru the gambit, angry, sad, deppressed, no need to consome myself or my family with sadness....decided to go out kicking & screaming with a smile on my face. Gonna do some things before I leave . Gonna be smiles all around and laughter filling the air. Ive been giving things away like crazy..to the people I want having them. No ones gonna fight over my shat when I'm gone. My will reads " I Openyourmind 1262 having a sound mind & a jolly spirit...spent every damn dime I had before I died". I have picked out a gravestone.It reads " I told you I was sick" And this will be my last OP on ATS.....I'm dieing folks aint gonna spend my time on ATS. Ive enjoyed my time here on ATS....the people, the people,the members make the site.

So with that folks, go out and live like you are dying.......I know I damn sure am. Peace & I'll see ya when I see ya....PS I aint riding a damn bull. BFFT...probally not gonna make down to Texas....throw a briskett on the BBq for me.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262
Well if you are sticking around to read replies,, Peace brother, peace.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Thank you..... Take carea reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Look into Jason Becker. He has ALS and was given a death sentence years ago, but he's still alive and living life, despite his impairment.

In any case, I agree. I live more life in one day than most do in a week. It's the only way to live.

Good journey to you.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The old saying applies "Live every day as if its your last" because truth be told it quite possibly could be. We take far to much regarding life for granted.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Well...

I am going to miss your wit around here when you sign off for good. We have not always agreed on matters in thread, but I have always enjoyed our interactions. I hope that you can get the very best out of what time remains to you, and I am sorry that you have not got more of it.

You and yours will be in the prayers of me and mine.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There are many here who may be dying and not even know it. I myself feel like I'm walking on eggshells as I have had cancer before and after a recent test, they have to keep a close eye on something.

We all die and we don't have to be old to do it. I believe that after our lives here on this earth, we go on to something different, something better. Still, I know it is difficult. I wish you well and maybe you will be around a lot longer than yu think. HUGS!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

this will be my last OP on ATS.....I'm dieing folks aint gonna spend my time on ATS. Ive enjoyed my time here on ATS….the people, the people,the members make the site.

Just musing. Reading your post just now made me wonder the value others might find in being updated as you close out this part of life's journey. A kind of journal left for others to review, a reminder of what all of us eventually face might help others see life from a better perspective.

I know its working for me. So I admonish you to continue posting once in a while when the spirit moves you and just tell everyone what you are feeling about things.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Peace amigo

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

That bites. I hear you, live like you are dying, cause in truth we all are. Feel free to pm me if you want to vent, I can listen. I faced my death when I had Hodgkin's, many years ago, I had no one to talk to, it hurt my loved ones to talk about it, and made my friends uncomfortable to face their own mortality. So I am here, happy to be of service.
edit on 23-12-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The way you are dealing with this is rare and admirable.
And yes, spend the time in the best way possible with family & friends.
You will be in my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Peace and strength to you in this journey!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Peace to you and yours, and here's hoping the good times will still be many.

If you happen to be wandering past ATS any time, there'll always be a light on for you and the door will be always open. Come in whenever you want, even if just to sit a spell.

~Mike

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

** goodluck 1262 youre on your way ! dont worry about it, you got the right attitude. if you get there before me, please look out for my friend zhiyin, she went ahead last year age only 28, and i really feel i dont give a #t now, her parting gift was to make a lot of things much clearer to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Been there with cancer, nobody to talk to. In remission but suspicious it will take me out eventually. You have a great attitude and I'm also here for a PM any time. Nobody gets out alive. Make the biggest ruckus you can before you go!

Peace and love sent your way 1262.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Have a brilliant next 6 years mate, hopefully more are on the cards for you! Make sure you squeeze every last drop out of it!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Heavy news mate. But I have to admit, I like your style. I really hope that I have the courage to face my inevitable exit with as much honesty, bravery, generosity, honour and integrity as you - especially if I'm ever given a foreknown deadline.

You're setting a good example for all human beings everywhere. Your life will clearly be missed. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here in this realm, and good luck in the next one - whatever and wherever it is.

Peace
edit on 25/12/2014 by TheAnarchist because: ~

top topics

join