It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Republican leader McConnell opposes Obama on Cuba, Cuba is a Threat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Another Stab On The American Voters. This is what happens when you vote for either parties expecting change to happen at least when it comes to the War Loving party the Republicans war is the only thing on there minds not normalizing ties with other nations.

Exclusive: Senate Republican leader McConnell opposes Obama on Cuba

(Reuters) - Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said on Monday he opposed U.S. President Barack Obama's plans to normalize relations with Cuba, and spoke of steps lawmakers might take to rein in the new policy.

Obama had used to describe the cyberattack. McConnell declined to spell out steps he thought the United States should take in response. "This is a serous threat to the United States," he said. Speaking by telephone from his home state of Kentucky, McConnell said he agreed with the Senate's most outspoken critics of Obama's new Cuba policy, Republican Senator Marco Rubio of Florida and Democratic Senator Robert Menendez of New Jersey, "that it was a mistake."

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The people have to get rid of these dinosaur era Politicians.

If it's not Cuba, its Russia or China or Iran ...... they just can't change.

But no, they keep getting elected.

The twit that is up for election talking about a Gay donkey .... WTF.

You have some real loonies in power.

So many, the majority in fact, of your elected representatives belong in jail or a padded cell.

How many times to we have to read of the sheer stupidity.

P

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'm not entirely in disagreement with you here, however he stated in the article you linked that the recent cyber attacks posed a "serious threat" which I agree with.

He did not say however that Cuba poses a threat, simply that it was a mistake to lift sanctions. There are people who are against the sanction lifting, I personally am for it, but some of what the president did was a decision that was the job of congress to decide. So he probably feels a little butthurt.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Nothing like a 20th century GOP elected leader to try to pull the world backwards. McConnell needs a few good Cuban cigars and dinners to enlighten his tastes.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The GOP is just testing the Cuban exhile waters for 2016. Alhough polling shows most exhiles support ending the embargo they just want see if the can some how grab that group for 2016 and tip Florida back to the GOP for the Presidential election. I do not see it working. Nobody thinks the embargo has had any effect. I would guess by 2016 the GOP will see clearly where the winds are blowing and suddenly announce they have been for ending the embargo all along.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Oblama should know better by now. If he really wanted to end the sanctions, he should have proposed that "I fully support the sanctions in place and propose that we extend them!". Then, the idiot opposition would counter with "we fully support ending the sanctions against Cuba..."

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
We should have learned by now that once a Communist country is exposed to all the material wealth
that capitalism has to offer, things are going to change eventually. You have to wait for all the "iron fist"
leaders to die off, then the new generation wants an iPod. Yeah, go ahead and end the embargo.

new topics

top topics

join