It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a Child!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hello..
I'm Bigburgh. You don't know me. But I sent shoes to many countries. Maybe yours.

I volunteer time to paint custom shoes for permanently affected or dying kids. 18 or younger.
Race is no issue!
Kids are all saints.. innocent in my eyes..

I won't waste your time in death panels.... though they might exist..( evidence is stacking up )..
Pfffff do time at NIH .....

No..

I'm dealing with the usual December death toll.
Winter takes havoc on any human.. sacred if anything!

I believe T&C will prohibit my saying of the non profit organization I volunteer for.

But here it is.

In the last 3 days. 5 kids passed away before the shoes were done. Or just got there by the skin of my teeth.

One really stuck out!
Thank god her shoes were done. So yes they just got there.

This god send of a girl. Had a secret. She took all the things that mattered to her. And made them secret. She took everything ( even from mom and dad ). She took everything that meant most to her.. and put them in a safe place for her.

Was checking up on her outcome from cancer.
Dad responded..
Our sweet little one passed away last week..
She was just buried..
We went through her affects..
Hidden in her Trove of SAFE keeping..
We found at the back of the closet.. ( her safe haven ).
A Halloween gift bag.

Inclosed:
Her favorite costumes Elsa & Anna from "Frozen".
One crucifix necklace.
A picture of mom and dad.
A picture of her baby brother...
And the shoes that I painted.. ( she requested the whole "Frozen" shebang! )
( I never seen the movie ) but it was on her shoes.. Anna, Elsa, olof, a deer and a snow man.. and her name in paint...

All these items are now in possession on a shelf at mom and dads home... their shelf to her.. till they die..( a piece of physical memory )

Yep short story.. to you ATS.

One kid in northern California... he wanted to be "BATMAN" for a day.. ( research .. I painted those too )
Odes to San Francisco! So SF did just that.
They dressed him up.. closed the streets..
And set up Gotham City.. Batman included.. you have no idea the psychology that does for a child.

So..
Not able to have kids of my own..

There are many people here who have or are capable of such.
Love them!
No race matters!
Love them!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Sounds like a great way to express your artistic abilities and make kids happy too.

Will you post a pic of a pair of your painted shoes? I'd love to see them. I've seen painted Doc Martins going for a fortune.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Bigburgh

Sounds like a great way to express your artistic abilities and make kids happy too.

Will you post a pic of a pair of your painted shoes? I'd love to see them. I've seen painted Doc Martins going for a fortune.

Lol..
Smiles..
So many pictures!
But a tablet won't do on my end..
Tell ya what..
If I can figure out the lap top..
I would dump them all..
But first.. since I complained first..( ask Skeptic )
I owe ATS $100.00 ..
That's my next part before I can abuse ATS!

Wait! Can I give the name of the organization?I assure you! No one makes a dime.
The money goes to the shoe company. and the delivery! ( OK just those folks .. vans/converse and ups... zappos actually does not charge )

Us painters don't get paid!
But if you get a copy of WOMEN'S WORLD ( no I'm a guy ) page 7 is an article on us.
edit on 23-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Its good to see that you take time and effort to make their lives a little brighter in the short time theyre here .. sadly all to often children suffer due the stupidity of adults ..

You should consider adoption .. theres many who need a good .. stable .. home where theyre loved ..
all mine are adopted ( sterile thanks to uncle scam spraying agent orange in vietnam back in the 60's .. ) my oldest four were vietnam war orphans ( they just latched onto me during my tours with s.o.g .. ) the younger two are fukushima orphans .. and shortly will have one more as an old friend named me guardian for his daughter in his will ..

Never stop caring and always do what you can to make their lives better .. world needs more people in it who care ..

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What a wonderful thing to do for these kids! It is always nice to brighten the lives of others and you have done just that! Hugs to you!

new topics

top topics

join