It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Outraged by ‘NYPD KILLS’ Graffiti On Manhattan Bridge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittleI do not understand how the US people stand that corruption in US legal system where cops are more like thieves (thru cash seizures) and kill people instead of someone who is helping other people out

This is a very broad statement. It almost suggests that every Cop out there is a bad guy and what we see in the news is a common every day occurrence, which isn't true at all. There are some Cops here in America that are true heroes.

With that said, we put up with it because Americans tend to take the good with the bad as long as the good outweighs the bad. There are far more "good" Cops than "bad" Cops, so lets not get that part twisted. There are more Cops out there right now that truly do serve and protect than the ones that have negative agendas.

This is a bad case of one bad apple spoiling the entire bunch. Which shouldn't be happening. Just because you have a bad family member doesn't mean that your entire family is bad.

In the end, there are bad Cops out there, yes. But if you look at a lot of these cases, instead of the Cop actually being "bad", they just used poor procedures when dealing with their suspect and it all goes wrong quickly. Honestly, I don't think Cops are being taught as well during training as they need to be these days. But yeah, there are some "bad" Cops out there with bad intentions, I'm not saying there isn't, but I also believe that *SOME* of these cases where people scream BAD COP is a misinterpretation of either an honest accident, or poor procedure.

Right now, Cops cannot win either way. I bet Cops everywhere in America right now are walking on eggshells. This can be a double edged sword because it could make the legit Cops gun-shy about not dealing with suspects properly. It sort of reminds me of parents being afraid of punishing their kids these days out of fear of being charged with child abuse.

So who knows. Maybe this whole things will fix itself. I can see a day very soon where every Cop in America goes on strike for X-amount of weeks just to prove a point over all of this. I also foresee kids growing up not wanting to be a Cop anymore too. So maybe the situation cannibalizes itself, so to speak.
edit on 23-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

originally posted by: LittleByLittleI do not understand how the US people stand that corruption in US legal system where cops are more like thieves (thru cash seizures) and kill people instead of someone who is helping other people out

This is a very broad statement. It almost suggests that every Cop out there is a bad guy and what we see in the news is a common every day occurrence, which isn't true at all. There are some Cops here in America that are true heroes.

blah, blah, blah, that's all we ever here. "oh, but not all of them are bad"! It's just a becoming a complete Cliché.

Well to any cop that's reading this, you better wake up to yourself. The american public are waking up to themselves and it's being flashed all over the news in every country in the civilized world. You guys are out of control and it's about to come back and bite you on the ass.

The times they are a changin

edit on 23-12-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I agree with the above. The police go too far because they have nothing to fear. They can abuse their power under the guise of "protecting themselves". If they get filmed and busted some "oversight" committee will just write it off under "protecting themselves". I remember a case in Cincinnati Ohio where 7 cops beat a handcuffed man to death and not one damn thing happened to them. People are getting fed up with the abuse.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well I guess they better start policing their own then. The police officer approval rating in the U.S. is at an all-time low it seems. There actions as of late haven't been in the greatest light. Most people say that the majority are good and I agree, but they need to start holding their fellow officers to the same standard as a civilian. If not, things will continue to spiral out of control for them.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Im glad people are starting to get the message out through whatever means possible. Seen a nice piece recently

"THE GOVERNMENT LIES"

It seems to work for the scumbags pushing consumerism so why not.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger
This has been a longtime coming. There has been a rise in Police brutality over the years, dramatic rise. Occasionally it would be documented, but then fade away. Today it seems to be a major problem and might not fade away.

Police are the "Biggest Gang in America".

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Got ya! My friend surrounded that *** plane on the tarmac in Kansas with a full load. I used to work deep cover and had been offered to do pretty much whatever I wanted with them guaranteeing supply, territory, and collections. Not to mention handling any interference from mislead enforcement actions. Black budgets truly going black. It was kind of funny at times though. None of said alphabet agencies trusted each other as the public learned after 9-11. I would see them arrest each other all the time only to find out downtown and have to be reassigned elsewhere. The air force shot down one of our planes in the Everglades. That was right around Iran Contra. I have seen so much unbelievable $*#@ I could write a couple of books. However, I feel it would bring me a lot of trouble even doing it anonymously. Just stuff that they don't want out there. Anyway, I can still see things developing badly if things are not calmed down. I have no illusions that things have got any better with time. I can hardly believe it has been 20 years since I left that work. It always seemed like the Dutch boy trying to plug the dam, even then. People don't realize who took over a lot of the operations in the 80's after some serious consideration on the amount of money being passed up. Like they say, "You're leaving money on the table". Can't have that now can we. I have said more in this thread than anywhere. I don't see me being around in the next 3-5 years anyway. Too much damage, too young!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
Just how wide spread are "Corrupt Cops" do some of you think?

What are the chances that an entire precinct is corrupt somewhere right now in America?

St. Louis County.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The police have their "thin blue line" and the crooks refuse to be "snitches". The lines have been drawn for a long time. The cops get paid leave and the crooks get thrown in jail to hang with their homeys until they get out - "3 hots and a cot" and still gang banging in jail.

It seems that the system is unstable now and tensions are growing, but this war has been on since criminals were being chased by cops.

edit on 23-12-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The police don't have a problem with lumping all criminals together, but they don't want it happening to them. And if you stand by and watch your partner beat someone and do nothing then yes, you are just as guilty.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I just love how the New York police unions are basically saying "If you don't agree with anything and everything we do, no matter what, then your hands are LITERALLY DRIPPING WITH BLOOD" which is, obviously, bull#.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Too bad that the good ones in police seems too weak to organize themselves and clean up the corruption serving the people and going after criminals everywhere not allowing criminals to hide behind a badge.

I must disagree with you, my friend...
I've seen Police Departments deal with their corruption and take down the whole syndicate before...

In The Departed...

There is probably many more Hollywood examples...

Too bad Police are not influenced by these films, instead taking up the role of Judge Dread or Steven Segal.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel
Being here you see alot of bad stuff..things will never be repaired until the police are just as accountable as the rest of us. There are more than enough good cops out there but too often they ignore the crimes or misdeeds of their brothers..Im still not sure if they can be called good..maybee indifferent.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

There are far more "good" Cops than "bad" Cops

Without statistics to back that up, that's a debatable opinion.

so lets not get that part twisted.

No, let's not.

There are more Cops out there right now that truly do serve and protect than the ones that have negative agendas.

Again, that's debatable without the statistics to prove it.

This is a bad case of one bad apple spoiling the entire bunch

No, it isn't.
It's a myriad of cases that have spoiled the bunch & to say it's one bad apple is really downplaying what is actually occurring.
Now you may have just been using the common analogy, but it doesn't represent the truth of the matter.

In the end, there are bad Cops out there, yes. But if you look at a lot of these cases, instead of the Cop actually being "bad", they just used poor procedures when dealing with their suspect and it all goes wrong quickly.

That's a bad cop.
Like if a doctor uses the wrong procedures during surgery?
That's the definition of a bad doctor.
Bad & evil are not synonymous with one another.

There are some Cops here in America that are true heroes.

That's definitely true.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This screams of a designed rebellion. Literally if it were not for the media all the fraudulent racism would never excist. They're shaping minds into thinking its cops VS civilians. Literally mind control is happening right before our eyes, and they're creating two sides that'll eventually clash. This is it, what we've all been waiting for is slowly starting to boil in a perfectly designed fashion. They're creating racism and hate for police, not that some PDs don't deserve it, but its there for everyone to see.
edit on 23-12-2014 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Honestly, there is so much hyperbole and exaggeration coming from the Cop hater crowd that its sickening. Its the bandwagon and flavor of the month mentality. Whats next? A Dr Kevorkian type incident and every Doctor in the world is portrayed as horrible and being bad guys? LOL - I guess whatever the next hot bandwagon is huh?

And to the person who quoted me above, I can guarantee you that there are more "good" Cops than "bad' Cops. You don't need statistics to prove it. It just takes common sense.
edit on 23-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
This screams of a designed rebellion. Literally if it were not for the media all the fraudulent racism would never excist. They're shaping minds into thinking its cops VS civilians. Literally mind control is happening right before our eyes, and they're creating two sides that'll eventually clash. This is it, what we've all been waiting for is slowly starting to boil in a perfectly designed fashion. They're creating racism and hate for police, not that some PDs don't deserve it, but its there for everyone to see.

If you are correct that this is some mass media mind control "creating racism and hate for police", why would this be happening?

Is this effort from the media to usher in marshal law and a military police state?

Do they want to disable our local police forces to help toward this end?

Are they forcing people to take sides, whatever side that might be?

Who is pulling the media puppet strings to make this happen?

Why do "they" think that this is necessary in the first place?

Just a few questions about your theory that I find myself asking.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join