It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimp Painting of Bush Yanked From Exhibition (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
A painting by Christopher Savido, which depicts President Bush's image made up from small pictures of chimpanzees, has been removed from a Chelsea Market art exhibition after complaints from the market's management. "I came to New York to express myself," said Savido, 23, of Pittsburgh. "I would never have expected this censorship to happen to me."

www.foxnews.com
NEW YORK � A portrait of President Bush (search), made up of small pictures of chimpanzees, was removed from an art exhibition in Chelsea Market after the market's managers complained about it.

The painting by Christopher Savido appears to be the president from far away. But close up, and the tiny chimpanzee images can be seen clearly.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Perhaps this is a case of true Political Correctness?

If you read the whole article, you'll see that it was more than just a "well, maybe this isn't in the best taste", it was more like the manager going completely ballistic, closing down the entire event!

Anyway, it's always nice to have a little Light Relief mixed in with the doom & gloom...

(I tried & failed to find the actual image on-line anywhere...)

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Azeari of the Radiant Eye]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Achtung der Prezident vill nott be made fun ov, Ja?

Ze funnymaking of der Prezident vill be zeverely punished!

Ve vill rule ze world! Heil Bush!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Maybe it would be more PC to have it the other way around....

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have a picture of me composed entirely of little pictures of President Bush, and nobody is taking that down.

Portrait Monkeys, not just for immortality anymore...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've searched for a while now, still no portrait. Give it a couple of weeks and it'll be all over the net. This is the best I could do for now.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye
"I came to New York to express myself," said Savido, 23, of Pittsburgh. "I would never have expected this censorship to happen to me."

To which I would ask "You didn't expect it ? Where on earth have you been for the last four years ?" :shk:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There's another thread already here on that somewhere...I'll try to find it for you.....

EDITED to add link

Here ya go
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/14/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Heh, that reminds me:

www.bushorchimp.com...

new topics

top topics

join