It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'M SO SICK OF THIS CRAP...Whaaa Whaa Wha!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This crap has got to stop! I'm speaking my mind, so agree or disagree I'm open to every single side to this discussion.

Let me start by saying, that it's no secret on ATS that I have expressed my deceased father was a First Generation Green Beret. With that being said, my father came home as a black man serving as law enforcement in Indianapolis. Weather you know it or not...that's big for his time and location. Very Big!

My father endured racism within the IPD...constantly being written up for silly $h!t! I'm so f'ing frustrated with both sides of this argument. It seriously needs to be reckoned with. Both sides!

Enough about my father, except to say that as a mixed child I understand my fathers daily routines...it sounds unusual, but he talked to me every single day he came home from work about his daily experiences. You want to know why? Because I asked him..."Daddy, how was your day today", and he told me in laymans terms. Now that I look back on it...he was pretty freaking honest.

Anyway, I kind of have a front street view as many of you do of law enforcement without serving personally. I have nothing...absolutely nothing, but the utmost respect for LEO's in the USA. However, there is a problem for many. A problem some of you may brush off your shoulder as crying, but it's a reality that you just don't and never will see. That's even ok.

Here's where the problem becomes an issue..."To Ignore What Others Say Is Happening Just Because It Doesn't Happen To You!". Just because it has never happened to you doesn't mean it isn't happening. As we all say on ATS, "Deny Ignorance!"

Nobody likes to carry on a whine...beg and ask for someone to please look at their situation! Most of us as human beings automatically expect that...right? We expect that another human being would never overlook an injustice when it has occurred, right? Well, that's what I think...that's what I was taught. Stand up and speak your mind, no matter what. For 40 something years, that's what I've been doing...I speak my mind. Most people have a hard time stomaching one like me...some, just don't like me. Oh well

I don't live in Indianapolis anymore...thank the universe for my move well over 25 years ago. That place is a cesspool. I now live in Los Angeles County, Pasadena, CA to be exact. I have a friend who's a Federal Marshall/Detective for PPD, one who's a retired parole officer and several PPD and LAPD LEO's. I get these folks...I get what they have to do every single freaking day, I appreciate them.

Here's a short but true story for you. Back on September 2014, someone knocked at our door. We have a huge 6 foot wall around our house with a gate that stays locked...usually. On September 21, 2014, we or should I say, didn't lock my gate (I was watching the SF and Sea Hawks football game). As I'm playing FarmVille on my iPad in my family room (which faces the front door and street where I can see) I hear a knock on the door. I look up and realize that I don't recognize the person standing there at my front door. Blinds were open...he stepped backed and looked in and I thought (maybe it was someone asking a question about my husbands car). We always get someone asking about one of our cars sitting in the driveway. So, I thought to myself "I don't know him...I'll just go and get my husband". I go and get my husband, he recognizes the guy and after about 2 minutes I hear "Hey Man...what the hell!!!!!!". I look out the window and see my husband slinging his arms around in a defensive manner. I always keep a hatchet or bow near my front door (my husband always hated guns), so I grabbed the hatchet, opened the door and when I looked outside, this guy was like "Get the F up and open the door). We locked eyes and I had to close the door on my husband with him laying on the ground in front of the door with a .357 to his head.

I called the police...I guess the guy heard me call and he just calmly walked across my lawn, got in a car and left. It took them 2 months to catch him. Remember, that I told you that we had a friend who was dual PPD/Federal Marshall? Well, that is my husbands friend from high school. He got the case and they caught the guy. The sad thing about this whole issue is, I had to go get a Ruger .357 because I was so scared. Even though, I was trained by my father all the way up until 2007 how to shoot anything (I'm really good with a bow and arrow...not crossbows though) I had to go get what my husband hates the most...GUNS!!!!!!! He hates guns...thinks that he can just take you hands up. Truth being...he probably can. But, what good are hands against a gun?

My point being is that, when I called my local police department that day...they came and they came fast and furious. They missed the guy, but they were here incredibly sympathetic and understanding. One cop was a little concerned about why this guy was here to rob us. We had to admit to the officer that we owned and operated a medicinal marijuana clinic since 2003 and he was the ex of one of our patients.

That's not a good feeling to have to admit that you're doing something that you know is legal, but LE see's as possibly illegal. It worked out fine though.

That's one story of ours with LEO. Now, check this out....there's a city a couple of miles south of Pasadena called San Gabriel. My husband was going down there to do some voluntary community service with kids. He's driving my 2011 CTS V Hennessy Model. He stopped at a light, not moving. Next thing you know...woop woop!! Police lights shine. The cop walks up to my husband and asks him..."what are you doing down here....you just passing thru?" All the while shaking his head in a "yes" motion, like my husband was supposed to agree with him. My husband said, "no, I'm performing community service". The cop says, "for what, a DUI?" My husband thought to himself..."what the hell?" My husband said no, "I'm volunteering". The cops says "license, registration and do you even have insurance for this thing?" My husband was like "yes, most people don't drive $95,000 cars with no insurance, but here you go Sir". He asked my husband if he was getting smart with him...my husband replied...are you giving me a ticket or what because I've got somewhere to go. The cop says, "do you even know why I'm pulling you over?" My husband replies, "Sir, I have have no idea, especially since I'm not even moving". The cop says, "you were blocking the driveway and I have to give you a ticket for that". My husband was like "well, if I was blocking the driveway, how did you pull directly behind me and ticket me". The cop gave him the ticket anyway.

Moral of the story is....this crazy # really does happen to minorities. We are light skinned, mixed race and treated fairly well most places. But, if my husband drives my car or his convertible 1955 Bel Air or our 1979 4 speed Trans Am or...what the hell! He gets pulled the # over! He pulled our 1955 Bel Air Convertible just restored 1 month ago into our private storage and he gave the attendant the keys (the attendant is the owner by the way) and some white guy looks at my husband and asks if "the owner wants to sell the car"...rotflmfao! My husband was like, "It's my car dude"...the whole time this jacka$$ is holding his wife's pomeranian as she's palming our freaking car to death! I'm just saying..even being obviously mixed gets us nowhere sometimes....how do you think it may feel sometimes for someone with black skin?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

So the moral of this story is....minorities are targeted for nothing....My family has experienced it and it is so unreasonably unfair.

That's all I have to say about that.

Now, what the hell do we do about it? What do we do for the good cops?

What do we do about the bad cops...they just seem to walk every freaking time. Especially in Albequerque, NM?
edit on 12/23/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

That would happen even if you are light skinned.

People ask to buy things they see and like all the time. Don't take it as a racial thing. Do you know how many times people have offered to buy random things im carrying? Seriously?

THINGS IM CARRYING. I had a couple people try to buy my portable speaker off me. I was like no man go get your own LOL.

I'm young tho 23. So even at my age i get hounded to buy/sell things all the time.

*Hey i hear you have a ps3, You don't play it anymore right? can i buy it? * * NO i am not selling my ps3* * Oh okay*
*Hey i got some ipods for sale you wanna buy one?* *No i don't wanna buy an Ipod* *Hey is that bike for sale* ( Currently riding it) *No this bike is not for sale sorry bro*

I AM DEAD SERIOUS.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
S & F just for the length and quality of that rant. I'm impressed!

I can't say I understand totally the side of the rant, other than that minorities are profiled and targeted and discriminated against (true) and there are some bad cops (also true). I'm white but pretty much color-blind, because I've seen good and bad in all races and nobody has a monopoly on it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
No response..
2 stars..( one only rules apply )
But I can't log in ..
Hack.
Not sure..
Ahh.. there. Am..
Still..
Stuff is happening..ATS verify!..
Will be in Farmington very soon.
Are you getting this!? ATS wth...are we hacked again ?
Glitch after glitch! It took time to post this stupid response!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Think you missed the point on that part of the rant.

Nice rant OP, glad your husband made it out from that pretty sketchy situation.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
No response..
2 stars..( one only rules apply )
But I can't log in ..
Hack.
Not sure..
Ahh.. there. Am..
Still..
Stuff is happening..ATS verify!..
Will be in Farmington very soon.
Are you getting this!? ATS wth...are we hacked again ?

Anu! RU!..
I'm not kidding..
What's going on!
At the moment I can write in..

OP! Can't make out much..
Are you in California..
Husband is a volunteer?

Gosh dang!
Is any of that right?

It's all I got!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

you ever had someone try to buy your backpack before? well you are carrying it?

And offer like 50-70$ for it ( Like a 100$ back pack)?

Ever had someone try to buy a game off you just after you bought it? I mean the list could go on.

The most common thing is people asking to buy a smoke after i buy a pack.
That is the most common, most frequent. Happens nearly everytime.

It's not unheard of for someone to slide up to someone else with a nice car and ask to buy it. Expecially if its a collectable.
Could of been racist, could of not been. He could of asked 2 questions. Are you the owner of that car? Are you goin to sell it. Instead he asked, is the owner of that car selling it?

Who knows man can't always assume everyone is out to psychologically damage people lol.

And as for the cop. They rage out on anyone with money.

Ask any rich person out there how the cops fair, With their handmedown dodge chargers against the newer class street legals that the rich drive around.
They will pull over a majority of them in hopes of finding drugs. So they can get a premotion. Or possibly beat a civilian. Not saying all cops are like that but there is gunna be some looking for those types of people and not everyone rolls around with a 100,000$ car know what im saying.
edit on 23-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Logging out REBOOT! Who's in NM? Ho! Lee crap?
Something about buying my backpack?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Yes I have and it still has nothing to do with what was said.
And stop buying 100 dollar back packs

Jansport makes a solid one and is at target

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Sad to hear about the stick up, but that's not really ractial at all.

I live in Canada B.C and many people in my home town of 15,000 who grow medicinally have been stuck up and robbed. Same as many places in Vancouver.

Don't take it personally as to your identity it is simply because these types of people think that Weed is still criminal and they can just hold you up without the police coming but that's not how it works and he soon figured that out.

Its the same problem over here but it is winding down. many stick up artists have been aprehended and the buisness is booming there really isn't that much need for it plus all the growers around here have amped up security and there is more cops now so its rather quiet for the moment.

Yeah i don't see much racism in those, it's mostly your social status that is drawing descrimination not quite the shade of your skin.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

OMG. Logged in again. Sooo sorry..
I have no idea what just happened!

I think I'm in again.. or I could not type this...
So I thought!

Let me read.

Oh Phock.. this is not a good time for this to happen...
Your dad..
Holy she!t this is embarrassing..
I'm so sorry...

Still reading!
edit on 23-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It was a dakine.

Lol so you can understand why someone would want it.
edit on 23-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

awesome rant.

I dont have much else to say. I probably agree with you on MANY points concerning this subject.

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

If you go out thinking the color of your skin makes you special then you are basically making a concerted effort to get offended...and you have a racist perspective.

If you see the world as white people, black people, brown people, red people, yellow people (race classifications from the 1920's) then you have a racist perspective. We all coexist here together and not "against" each other.

A person who goes to the ER all the time is called a hypochondriac for the same reason that a person who posts stuff like this on the internet is called a racist. Most were raised that way. Its fine.

I like the Tyler Perry hate crime the best. Guy thought he got pulled over for no reason and wanted hate crime charges filed because his grandma trained him to see situations like that. Ironically because the cop didn't make a reference or racial slur during the unconstitutional stop, nothing happened. The reason why I like it is because Tyler is a racist who makes movies about black people with the same stereotypical relatives/roles in every movie. How can you run around the media saying a white cop committed some sort of hate crime for looking at you wrong and make all that money on racist casting/stereotypes/storylines.

madamenoire.com...

You have to understand that we are all people. Neither one of your stories have anything that could be remotely interpreted as racial profiling. So quit borrowing other people's perspectives and develop your own. The media did a lot of fake stuff in Ferguson. And now people think there really is a serious race issue in the US? Listen to the words you and the media use...

An African American is someone who is born on the continent of Africa and immigrated to the US. All of our ancestors were born there...its called the out of Africa theory. So yes...white people are African Americans too.

And the term minority refers to someone who is below the age of majority. So yes...minorities do get harassed by LEO's sometimes. Especially in areas with high crime rates.

I had no clue what you were talking about until the last paragraph when I saw "Moral of the story is....this crazy # really does happen to minorities." Then I knew you were a trained racist when I read "even being obviously mixed gets us nowhere sometimes....how do you think it may feel sometimes for someone with black skin?"

The last statement implies that you EXPECT to get somewhere (you stated that you get nowhere sometimes) and your entire post basically means that if you don't get to "somewhere" then it must be because you're "mixed".

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have no idea where to start..
Is your husband driving a Mercedes suv?
( ah! There it is.. I owned an 82 trans am..) not important.

So he was volunteering his personal time..
But the car didn't fit the area?

I'm thankful the young cop was concerned.. rule one of being a cop. What's not normal.
Having lived in Sapulveda CA. Were those were normal in 1982...
It would not fit the norm today.
Go to Riverside! And it might be a gold mine...

Not your point..

Yes.. whites are the minority... then Mexican nationals..then the rest ( people of dark brown) ( now I'm even touchy to say) .. but not Asian in that area...

Sorry ATS is glitchy ... I'd pour you a drink and a pizza at Grazianno's in Mira Loma... but I gotta reboot!

Seriously Sony!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If you're wealthy why don't you move? Sounds like your biggest problem is the neighborhood if you have a six-foot fence and a, usually, locked gate.

I agree with the previous posters. Your problem isn't color. It's wealth. People get very weird about other people with money. People with wealth often have an attitude themselves. And I've been asked about someone buying my car ('70 SS Malibu) and my motorcycle. It's not that unusual.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Then why post

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: suz62
If you're wealthy why don't you move? Sounds like your biggest problem is the neighborhood if you have a six-foot fence and a, usually, locked gate.

I agree with the previous posters. Your problem isn't color. It's wealth. People get very weird about other people with money. People with wealth often have an attitude themselves. And I've been asked about someone buying my car ('70 SS Malibu) and my motorcycle. It's not that unusual.

You're not far off..
So Cal is somewhat petty like that..
However! Mostly tolerant.. as well as Nevada.
Reno mostly..

But go anywhere.. and cops know what does not fit the scenery..
Sorry gotta log off.. somethings wrong.....
Wth did NK ( China ) get internet back?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

He is trying to escape the matrix. It's all the talk of cultural division. Its seperating his Mainframe. The Gods of cultural identity are smiting his I.P adress. It's north Korea. ISIS. NUCLEAR WEAPONS. I think im going to take a breather.

Oh no. Agent smith i knew this day woul- Bleerrrggg
Arrgaaghh unngahh... rnrnglrrlrlrlr

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join