It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I just re-watched the film Serenity tonight on my DVR. It still holds up after all these years, which is nice. However, when it ended and I switched back to Live TV I heard Mal's voice....a bit older, and more hoarse, but it made me look up from the remote. Out of sheer coincidence, Castle was on at that exact moment. It was kind of eerie, but made me feel like a sequel film would work even now. I know that Nathan Pillion is interested in doing one, and others in the cast (last I heard) were willing to join. Perhaps now that Joss Whedon is even more respected as a director and producer in 'the wood' he might be in a position to make it happen.

I can dream, can't I ?

How many here would like to see a Firefly reunion film? Heck, let's see "little Kim Jong Un" complain about that? Or, maybe at the end of the film, we all find out that he is the leader of the Alliance! Ha....now THAT would be great to see the crew of Serenity bring him down....and the alliance along with him.

BROWNCOATS UNITE!

edit on 12/22/2014 by Krakatoa because: I wanted to... Nyaaa...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Just reading the thread title got that song stuck in my head.

Crap... that's only gonna grow louder until I go on a Firefly marathon session. Thanks alot.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
a reply to: Krakatoa

Just reading the thread title got that song stuck in my head.

Crap... that's only gonna grow louder until I go on a Firefly marathon session. Thanks alot.

Good to know I'm not the only one in that dilemma tonight.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't care, i'm still free
You can't take the sky from mee

Ahhh, what have you done. I'm gunna have to marathon that here soon too. I would kill to see a reunion episode or movie. or a second season. or even an animated series.

I aim to misbehave
edit on 22/12/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
*Sob*

I need more Firefly.

Serenity didn't finish it. I think it could be *somewhat* concluded satisfactorily with one more movie, but two would be better. That or just, I don't know, having the show run forever.

I got to the Firefly party pretty late. Watched Serenity, realized Firefly existed, binge watched, favorite show.

Again, I need more.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't coming back
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me...

I usually lurk here reading stuff, had to log in JUST to
join the Firefly/Serenity love fest!

I re-watched the whole season and the movie recently when a friend came to stay with me and she had never seen it. Had to school her on the shiny awesomeness. I'm a serious Joss Wedon fan in general, but damn do I wish we could get another movie, or season, or anything new with our favorite ragtag space crew.
edit on 23-12-2014 by xElizabethx because: typos

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Firefly forever !!

Yup, we fans all fantasize about a Firefly comeback... I'd still like to know who the idiot was that decided to cancel the show in the first place after only one season.

I haven't done my Firefly/Serenity binge watching in a while, maybe it's time to get another fix ?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well now, just the other day the song popped into my head and forced me to watch an episode on netflix.
I do believe I will be re-watching the series during our shutdown.

Is there a Firefly support group anywhere?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
*Sob*

I need more Firefly.

Serenity didn't finish it. I think it could be *somewhat* concluded satisfactorily with one more movie, but two would be better. That or just, I don't know, having the show run forever.

I got to the Firefly party pretty late. Watched Serenity, realized Firefly existed, binge watched, favorite show.

Again, I need more.

Same here. was late to the party but binged on firefly for a year. Must have watched it at least 30 times. I got it on sale at walmart for 24 dollars. I actually watched Serenity before watching firefly. (got it for christmas) I was so confused haha

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My ex introduced me to Firefly and Serenity after they'd all been finished. Watched all of it in one weekend. And I don't think I've ever been, before or after watching it, more annoyed that it was off the air with only a glimmer of hope that it would come back in some form.

I truly, truly loved that entire "world" Wheedon created, and still hope that it comes back somehow. I try to avoid the rumors about a new reboot of it because I end up deflated when nothing seems to happen.

But I still hope

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Another Firefly fan here. Would love to see another sequel film or series come back.

I don't care, I'm still free...
You can't take the sky from me...

:-)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Funny, I just started re-watching firefly myself a couple days ago.

Maybe it's just that time of year.

new topics

top topics

join