It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Black Cat Photographed in Australian Bush

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Might go for a search for it myself too, as it's very close to me.

Would be fascinating to hear what you find out.

I followed up on a big cat sighting once. A group claimed to see the rear end of large black cat disappear into the bush and claimed it stalked them for a while.

Found it was almost certain they caught the rear end of a swamp wallaby darting off track. Can see how a solid dark coloured one could be mistaken this way, if you saw it with its head down and caught the rump/ long tail disappearing in the bush. I saw it plenty of times. They make a bit of noise (rainforest type terrain) and seem like they are following, but the fact that they heard it at all makes it extremely unlikely to be a big cat, much less stalking anything.

Though I did see rather large tracks once, in a completely different area, that I have a hard time believing were dog. I know there are people who handle/ study big cats that find it plausible in the particular area because of so many credible reports (including from scientists). From memory the head DPI veterinarian was somewhat convinced from the stock predation happening on the farms around the edge of this wilderness area, among various other things. Was in a wild and remote area, but coincidentally not really that far in a straight line from where an "African Lion Safari" used to be, before it closed down lol.

edit on 24-12-2014 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Not the best comparison pic, still, not seeing "panthera" in the top one.

edit on 24-12-2014 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Looking at the size of that cat relative to the trees, I'd say its a very large feral cat.

I've seen one of very similar size, but grey in colour up in the Flinders ranges here in SA. They are enormous compared to the usual moggy people keep at home, but look just the same otherwise.
edit on 24-12-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cogito, Ergo Sum

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Might go for a search for it myself too, as it's very close to me.

Would be fascinating to hear what you find out.

I followed up on a big cat sighting once. A group claimed to see the rear end of large black cat disappear into the bush and claimed it stalked them for a while.

Found it was almost certain they caught the rear end of a swamp wallaby darting off track.

lol, yeah it's just amusing how paranoid people get in the bush. Had people telling me not long ago how they witnessed a bloody yowie! Because there was something in the bush at night throwing rocks around.

I had to tell them, du! That's just what an aggressive wallaby will do, stand it's ground thumping it's foot on the ground and it sounds just like someone is throwing large rocks into the ground. But nah, they wouldn't listen to reason.

Anyway, I gotta say, if you look at this picture, you'll see the leaves look far to large against the large cat, which indicates to me that it's photo shopped. All I can see is common eucalyptus's around, meaning the leaves should only be 13 cm at most. But the leaves around it would need to be huge to have the correct ratio to a panther.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
originally posted by ^^^

lol, yeah it's just amusing how paranoid people get in the bush. Had people telling me not long ago how they witnessed a bloody yowie! Because there was something in the bush at night throwing rocks around.

I had to tell them, du! That's just what an aggressive wallaby will do, stand it's ground thumping it's foot on the ground and it sounds just like someone is throwing large rocks into the ground. But nah, they wouldn't listen to reason.

This is reflected in traditional dance.

Ahh ... Love me the Bunyips.

edit on 24-12-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2014 by Timely because: thing

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
just like werewolves you get wareleopards.
this is wareleopards! please dont believe me.
they need secrecy.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I can assure any of the doubters here that there are large black cats in southern Texas.
I have seen them three times, found tracks, and lost farm animals to them.
What I've seen looks like a black puma and was easily 100 lbs.
Locals call them panthers.

An old high school friend of mine reported that he saw a black cougar in Texas )San Antonio area. Seemed pretty certain it was a cougar, too, and not the usual huskier large black cats typically seen there. All I ever saw was the normal sort. I always figured the usual ones were jaguars, but this is two reports now (yours and his) of black cougars, so who knows? When the authorities won't even admit that normal-colored ones are in the eastern US, why should we trust them when they claim there aren't black ones?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Not the best comparison pic, still, not seeing "panthera" in the top one.

Actually, I think it's a pretty good comparison, and I DO see "panther" in the top photo. The musculature, the shoulders, the ear tilt, the leg thickness; all scream "big cat" to me, and I KNOW house cats. I've had a ton of them over the decades, and some have been pretty big and strong. Even the Maine Coons don't have muscles like that one.

Now, whether it's a legit pic or not, I can't say. Undecided there, and I don't have the software anymore to pick at the photo. The cat, though, I believe is a big one.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: skunkape23
I can assure any of the doubters here that there are large black cats in southern Texas.
I have seen them three times, found tracks, and lost farm animals to them.
What I've seen looks like a black puma and was easily 100 lbs.
Locals call them panthers.

An old high school friend of mine reported that he saw a black cougar in Texas )San Antonio area. Seemed pretty certain it was a cougar, too, and not the usual huskier large black cats typically seen there. All I ever saw was the normal sort. I always figured the usual ones were jaguars, but this is two reports now (yours and his) of black cougars, so who knows? When the authorities won't even admit that normal-colored ones are in the eastern US, why should we trust them when they claim there aren't black ones?

I know of at least 4 other people that have seen them. Unfortunately 2 of them are no longer with us.
This is the logo of a high school football team in a neighboring town.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I know another school in Texas that is also the Panthers, but different one. They are all over in Texas, though. I saw one in the alley behind our house when I was in high school. It had apparently been resting on a carport. Luckily, it didn't see me as food just then!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Actually, I think it's a pretty good comparison, and I DO see "panther" in the top photo. The musculature, the shoulders, the ear tilt, the leg thickness; all scream "big cat" to me, and I KNOW house cats. I've had a ton of them over the decades, and some have been pretty big and strong. Even the Maine Coons don't have muscles like that one.

What can i say LadyGreenEyes...I'm shocked!

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Anyway, I gotta say, if you look at this picture, you'll see the leaves look far to large against the large cat, which indicates to me that it's photo shopped. All I can see is common eucalyptus's around, meaning the leaves should only be 13 cm at most. But the leaves around it would need to be huge to have the correct ratio to a panther.

Would be interesting if we could obtain an original, to have a look at the exif data. Not only for the reason you mention, would (probably) have the coordinates also.

edit on 27-12-2014 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: learnatic
a reply to: Chadwickus
On a related note, for those interested, look up video on youtube and search on 'Thyacinine' or 'Sid Slee', you wil find it interesting.

Oh no you just didn't, like seriously, you didn't just do that!

I am just dying for some one to provide me with some evidence that the Thylacine is still roaming around out there. I would give my left arm just to see some undisputed evidence, what an amazing animal!!!!!

watch that Sid Slee video mate, there is no animal to be seen but there are other things to be seen. For what its worth, there is a video, dunno wether it still exists or not, that shows a Thylacine and its indisputable that it is a Thylacine that was taken inTasmina or Victoria in recent times. Its only 30 seconds or so in lengh.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Fair enough. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there are even bigger cats roaming this world we don't know about.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My brother an I saw the black panther on our property around 15 years ago! This was in wallacia, NSW.

Also, there has been multiple sightings over the years in the area. People suspect the panther was set free from Notre Dame zoo or Bullens Animal World.

www.smh.com.au...

The NSW gov has also published something about this.. pages 10-11 support my information.

www.dpi.nsw.gov.au...
edit on 10-4-2016 by celinem because: extra info

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Where is the tail?
Seriously..
Is it tucked in the leg?
How is that possible in nature?
But yes it looks to be a cat!
Look at the ears and mannerism....

And the ground under it! Dead give away in dark color that's not a shadow...
Wtf is it?

The tail appears to be aligned with the right rear leg. You can kind of see a little nub sticking out. Cats do that with their tail when they're hunting, at least my cat did.

Under the cat and to the right of it, those two dark spots, it looks like someone put the burn tool to work in PS but didn't know what they were doing.

Looks like very poor PS skills to me and an attempt by someone to get some attention/notoriety.

Doesn't mean there aren't any large cats/black panthers in Australia though...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Like with britain pet exotic cats on the loose

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Reminds me of when i came face to face with a koyntain lion in november hiking. Big cats are scary

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join