It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wedding ring Negligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If I was this marine I would be absolutely furious! I would be mortified having sacrificed a finger only to find out the Dr/nurse/whomever was a complete baffoon!

"Doctors were preparing to cut off Battle's ring to save as much of his finger as they could.

"But that would mean destroying my wedding ring," he said. "My wife is the strongest woman I know. She's basically running two people's lives since I've been gone. I don't think I could ever repay her or show her how grateful ... how much I love my wife, my soul mate."

With his approval, doctors severed his finger, but somehow in the chaos that followed, they lost his ring."

I hope somebody is reprimanded for this. I understand the conditions in Iraq are less than ideal, but the man decided to lose a finger to save the ring...then soembody loses the ring? I mean, come on!

Peace,
Lukefj

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I suppose if I could buy another finger, then it wouldn't be a big deal. Let's get real, maybe it's just me, but no, a ring is not worth a finger. If it was that damn important he could have had them cut it off, save the pieces, and get another one made from the same gold. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Bentov

[Edit] I just asked my girlfried, she agrees with me. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my cynical self talking. [/Edit]

[edit on 13-12-2004 by bentov]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
bentov,

YES!
I have a much stronger emotional attachment to my fingers..
Rings are easier replaced..

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I can't beleive a doctor agreed to do that. They should've just cut the damed ring, knocked him out or something. Wow. His wife had best appreciate that no? I guess they have a pretty strong relationship tho considering no?

Though how ironic would it be if they got divorced? I recall reading that that Marin and Arabian Princess that left the gulf and got married against everyone's wishes were divorced now, they sacrificed a lot.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Give me a break. It's just a stupid ring. You can easily replace it. A relationship is about a bond between 2 people. Not a material possession. He should have insured it. His bad.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The ring could have been cut & repaired or replaced. The only baffoon is the person who volunteered to get his digit cut off.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Tell me how often you use your left ring finger, in this man's job?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I use mine on the keyboard everyday, I use it to grip everything from a cup of coffee, gripping the steering wheel, tools, and on & on & on. He will regret that decision the rest of the days of his life.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Lucky it was about a ring and not a necklace

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well, from this female point of view, I would much rather have my husband/partner have come home with his finger attached and a broken ring then without a finger but with an intact ring. The ring could have been repaired and the finger left intact. How much easier to repair a ring instead of grow a new finger.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'm glad some others agree with me on this one, I was just a little concerned. I've been thinking that instead of being titled "Marine sacrifices finger to save wedding ring" it should have been "Materialism wins among Uncle Sams Misguided Children(USMC)" He's only 19 though, as someone else said, he has a lifetime to regret it. I bet he'll be using that one to exchange for a threesom, "but, but honey, I gave my finger for you, what do you mean I can't have you and your sister"

bentov

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Xtrek -LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Now that was funny!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Defintly Dumb cut the ring carfuly and its easly repaired and dobble DUMB doesent have the scence to grab the rine as soon as the sever the finger?
he still had a hand free ? You see i lost half a finger that had to be cut off they just give you a local your wide awake the whole time and there is no pain alest untill the next day lol.
how many times we hear about the doc leaving behind a sponge or sizzers and this guy trust them with this invaluable ring? lol
Ps if it had been my ring finger I would have said cut the ring off doc .
pss Men and even woman take off your rings when working around moving equitment as manny have lost fingers because the ring gets cought on a moving part a pop goes the finger. I would never bee in a war zone warning a ring to begine with and of corse you get captered it gives the enime ideas .

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Simcity4Rushour]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The ring could have been repaired and the finger left intact. How much easier to repair a ring instead of grow a new finger

Pretty much says it all... I smell a rat in this story...CNN or not, there's a spin rat crawling around....

new topics

top topics

join