It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #28: Detoxing Cleanses Don't Do Anything For You

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: theNLBS

I'm already low-carbs because I'm "sensitive", AKA my stomach doesn't like, flours and grains.

Gluten? Ah Joe, you're laying the smack down on one of your previous NLBS episodes.

Nope, I had the celiac test performed and it came back negative.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I'm already low-carbs because I'm "sensitive", AKA my stomach doesn't like, flours and grains.

Gluten? Ah Joe, you're laying the smack down on one of your previous NLBS episodes.

Known science, KNOWN. Your negative test may not be worth the paper the report was printed on. My children, if they have artificial food dyes, especially the reds, bounce off the freaking walls and have a complete meltdown. They complain of horrible headaches and sleep problems. When she was pregnant with each of them, my wife would get multiple day migraines if she had anything artificially food colored. Now, medical science says there's nothing happening there because they have no test for food dye allergies or reactions. It is listed as safe for all strictly because they lack the test (likely predecated by money from the chemical companies, but that's a different argument.) My point is, use your body as your guide. It will tell you things medicine doesn't know.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The health products industry is completely, 100% deregulated, and can make any claim they like about their products with zero scientific backing.

Whether it's a detox, oregano oil, back braces, special shoes, whatever, they have no requirement to even put in the product what their claiming (a test was done on one popular brand of oregano oil and it was found to contain NO oregano), without punishment or recourse for any of their claims.

They've been deregulated since the late 1970's, make health claims every single time, and need no scientific data to back it up, at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I detox all the time. It works. Not all products work. Like anything do your research. The BS is all you on this one. Some things build up in the body and the body does not get rid of them with out help. Be ignorant to the facts if you like. But lying to others that may care about their health is sick. Mass deception like those you try and call out. What did you do research one thing one article? Many things can cleanse you. Most basic is Cranberries. Though it wont remove heavy metals good. There are many alternatives. Cleansing is important. Especially with all the toxic pharmaceuticals,pesticides ect... to your liver and kidneys these days. Cleanse your liver at least with something once in a while to stay healthy as it is the body's filter. I call BS on you.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

a reply to: babybunnies

There are actually some regulations in place, but I agree with you 100% on the scams that many
supplement manufacturers get away with.
There are many supplements that don't contain what they claim. You mentioned oregano oil. Large health food stores will have 20 or more different brands! It's confusing. I'm always suspect of the manufacturers who claim their product is the best, because of the special manufacturing process they use, or whatever.

If supplements produced the results claimed, it would be world-wide, front page news. There are a couple
supplements that have actually done wonders for me. MSM and Co-Q10. They're both fairly inexpensive.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You know, those seven or fifteen day regimens of usually foul-tasting juice concoctions and limited calories, typically promoted by self-absorbed hipsters.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Calling people who promote body cleanses "narcissists" is going too far. Some are just people looking for affordable ways to get healthier and found something that they believe works for them. My 80-yr-old grandmother is definitely no narcissistic hipster and does her own lil regiment every day (including detox). Annette Larkins does detox too. Take a look at her.

72 with no plastic surgery.
blogs.miaminewtimes.com...

All of our bodies are different, there's no catch-all way to supplement to be healthier or to detox. Everyone has to find out what works for them, even if it just instills a positive belief in yourself.
edit on 12/22/2014 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wadaya mean they don't do anything for you. They make you poop or pee a lot.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I never tried any product that claimed to detoxify your body, but 'detoxifying' your body is possible. Just run a few miles, drink distilled water, and avoid whatever toxin you're trying to rid your body of. I figured this was common sense.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

If you consume a plant-based diet and drink fresh vegetable juices, you can totally change your physiology, ie...
you can normalize bodily processes. Blood pressure, blood sugar levels, cholesterol, intestinal flora...just to name a few.
It's been proven that the soluable fiber in many fruits and vegetables will remove plaque from your arteries.
isn't that a form of cleansing?

This brings up some important TRUTH which seems to have been overlooked in this thread!

I have seen complete reversals of health problems in people, including myself, of ALL the things you mention here. While I don't necessarily subscribe to an entirely plant-based diet, people have been able to reverse these conditions by eliminating processed foods, certain food additives, refined sugars, refined grain products, etc. IF people admit that some of the things we consume and call "FOOD" are really TOXIC to our bodies and can disrupt physiological processes, sometimes dangerously, can we not say that if removing them restores these things to normal function, we have then DETOXED our bodies? I say ABSOLUTELY!!!

Is it necessary to buy a product for the purposes of DETOXIFICATION? No, in most cases elimination of the offending TOXIN can be done by a total dietary change. I did so, just as described above; I consumed & drank nothing but organic vegetable, fruit juice, and pure filtered water, which I extracted myself for 45 days. I have to tell you, for three weeks it was PURE HELL. Headaches, body aches, dizziness, bad breath, skin eruptions, and lethargy. Then, about 25 days in, something happened...My borderline blood sugar normalized, my blood pressure dropped to normal levels, my energy levels went sky high, my senses were sharpened, my years of insomnia GONE, lower back pain also gone, swollen, stiff hands gone...

I contribute the first three weeks of hell to DETOXIFICATION. Just as an alcoholic or drug addict detoxes, the body REVOLTS when the TOXIN is removed because the body, amazingly, has found a sort of STASIS with that the TOXIN. Take it away...Shakes, vomiting, delirium, insomnia, body aches, sometimes SEIZURES, total malaise! Odd isn't it? Pull the synthetic OPIATE from a drug addict to quickly and he MAY EVEN DIE during the detox process.

Anyone that says the body can not be DETOXED is sadly misinformed.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I use malt liquor to detox. That is all.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Joe!

Good to see you back, and taking the bullsnip by the horns!

I have to say, I could not agree with you more about this cleansing nonsense. For one thing, life is far too damned short, and sometimes harrowing, to have such terror about ones toxicity level that one starts to drink awful tasting muck in a vain attempt to improve ones circumstances.

My attitude to this might be somewhat unique, but I am of the opinion that if I reach retirement age, I will have seriously messed up along the way. The simple fact is, that I cannot afford to retire, and will never be able to afford to retire, and that is why I eat what I want, drink like a fish, and smoke like an underwater geothermal vent. I intend to either go out from living what small life I can access to its fullest, or in a massive, balls out sword fight with ninjas, pirates, ninja pirates, and those morons from the MMA who do not understand that humping your opponent to death is not an acceptable tactic, and that you should win a fight while standing up, in order to call it a win at all.

Screw this fake healthy madness. Let's all have some pizza!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

That's a different set of health concerns. Though if you want to consider "fasting" as a part of the "detoxing" and as a weight loss tool it doesn't work. Though I am under the impression, certain "toxins" are stored in fats.

Fasting does work?... I need not explain the weight loss side of things.
edit on 23/12/14 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

If you just ate a well balanced diet in the first place there would be no need to go seeking the "miracle" detoxifying product that is sold over the counter....which obviously is a sham as it is being sold to people who are looking for a quick fix after over indulging or just plain having a crappy diet......lay off the processed foods,keep the hell away from artificial sweeteners,fluoride and MSG....try eating some raw foods for # sake....

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Not to argue with the concept Joe, but I'm pretty sure that ten bucks spent at Taco Bell - and the following six or seven hours is enough to purge the body of a whole lot of toxins - along with just about everything else.

Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
eww joe use white ATS theme

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That is a fundamental misunderstanding of how vaccines work. With all due respect your "common sense" conclusion regarding the science behind this lifesaving technology aligns you with a Playboy-model, not scientists, medical professionals or history.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

This is truly a first-world non-problem, thought up by people with nothing better to do than obsess about their narcissism.

Thanks for ignoring my honest question last night...I wasn't sure if this thread was just an announcement for the show, or a thread to be discussed.

As for your above quoted sentence....I have to disagree.
Many people are aware that the food they are purchasing/consuming has little nutritional value these days.
Everything we need to survive (air/soil/water) is filled with toxins, poisons...chemicals...etc.

There are numerous cases of people with illnesses/symptoms that the doctors can't even begin to figure out, so they write scripts for pills....lots and lots of pills.
Is it any wonder that folks are TRYING to cleanse their bodies to become healthier?

If me wanting to stay alive long enough to 'be there' for my family makes me an obsessed narcissist in your eyes, then I guess I don't have anything else to say.

jacygirl

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Known science, KNOWN. Your negative test may not be worth the paper the report was printed on. My children, if they have artificial food dyes, especially the reds, bounce off the freaking walls and have a complete meltdown. They complain of horrible headaches and sleep problems. When she was pregnant with each of them, my wife would get multiple day migraines if she had anything artificially food colored. Now, medical science says there's nothing happening there because they have no test for food dye allergies or reactions. It is listed as safe for all strictly because they lack the test (likely predecated by money from the chemical companies, but that's a different argument.) My point is, use your body as your guide. It will tell you things medicine doesn't know.

Same with my kids. We eliminated the food dyes and all three of them immediately stopped the meltdowns and just plain acting insane and I can now call them my children again instead of "small terrorists that live with me".

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Good video. He basically does say a healthy diet and exercise will help the body expel toxins from the body naturally. And he's also absolutely correct in saying that your one week juice cleanse is not going to magically reverse the multitude of bad choices you've made before it. You are just not making those bad choices for that one week of juicing.

Having said that, it is entirely possible to cleanse the body and reverse many ailments naturally when you are properly educated on the topic of fasting. Not talking about a sporadic juice cleanse here and there. It goes way above and beyond that, with months of preparation and will power.

I still feel however, most people that see this video will use it as an excuse to continue with their bad habits. Now with a newly validated sense of "see I knew detoxes don't work so I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing." We're all going to die someday what's the point, right?

Kind of harsh but someone had to say it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join