It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason logo in Lord of the Rings 3

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I forget which COD it is but in one of the newer ones you're falling in the sky and have to collect letters that spell illuminati, and in a multiplayer map on all the TVs randomly a pyramid with an all seeing eye at the top will pop on.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: holywar666
I see where you were going, but it's definitely a stretch.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The books give even more of a sense that this is man's lost history. The Celtic and pagan aspects bring the Arthur tales to mind. Another tale that has the feel of lost history. reply to: SkepticOverlord

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You do realize that Freemason conspiracy theories started way before this movie; and any other movie for that matter. Do you think that Hollywood does not throw in nods to pop-culture in the imagery of the movie? If there was a cult of Mr. Peanut that prevailed on the internet, you can bet your bottom dollar that cave hole would have been a curvy shape.

Same goes for celebrities that throw the Illuminati signs up...they do it to appear self important. It has nothing to do with reality. Trust me, I know.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Nice vid thanks. It's all behind us now. From here on out its just cold wet winter. Brrrrr all the way to hot-lanta
I'm visualizing me at the beach and the relief of the cool waves. Pass the sunscreen please.

reply to: Voyager1

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
No you can't have square buildings in the shire and nary a column to be seen.
But aren't those little mound houses cute?

a reply to: Cambot

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

You do realize that Freemason conspiracy theories started way before this movie; and any other movie for that matter. Do you think that Hollywood does not throw in nods to pop-culture in the imagery of the movie? If there was a cult of Mr. Peanut that prevailed on the internet, you can bet your bottom dollar that cave hole would have been a curvy shape.

Same goes for celebrities that throw the Illuminati signs up...they do it to appear self important. It has nothing to do with reality. Trust me, I know.

American Dad did an episode of a secret group and Mr.Peanut, I think they were called the "The Illuminutty". It was a pretty funny episode.

link   

American Dad did an episode of a secret group and Mr.Peanut, I think they were called the "The Illuminutty". It was a pretty funny episode.

link   

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

A great deal of masonic imagery was used throughout several design aesthetics in the movies. transmissionsmedia.com...

Some of it is explained in the "extras" in the boxed set, the making-of videos.

During pre-production design and planning, the artists used a lot of historical visual influences from nordic (Rohan), celtic (elves), germanic (dwarves), freemasonry (orcs and Mordor), and more. Their primary rationale was to give everything a "familiar" lost-history feel. On the whole, there's a crap-ton more celtic, druid, and pagan imagery than all others combined.

Ah another non Mason making wild claims, from you link show us the connection between Freemasonry and orcs and mordor.

You link shows a supposed connection to Aragorn and the Royal Arch

A similar set of symbols is deployed by Tolkien for the Kingdom of Gondor. As well as the White Tree of Gondor, seven stars are also apparent on the Gondor flags (as pointed out to me by Martin Wells). In this case these cannot denote the seven rings given to the dwarves, as Gondor is a kingdom of men. But things become even more intriguing when looking at the symbols used on the breastplate of Aragorn upon his Coronation, towards the end of the movie ‘Return of the King’.

This black breastplate shows the same seven stars and crown symbol that is used on the Door of Moria, that has the Masonic connotations we have looked at. Of course, Tolkien was himself Roman Catholic, and surely no Freemason (although Roman Catholics are sometimes Masons, I am given to understand), but he does seem to have dipped into the iconography of the Royal Arch degree nevertheless (see above).

It’s more difficult to dismiss this ‘coincidence’ in the case of Aragorn’s breastplate. He is, after all, the returning King, intimately connecting the meaning of the symbols with the Royal Arch. There are self-evident analogies with a Messianic return, connected with celestial imagery. It’s easy to create a meaningful link to the return of an ancient ‘Royal’ Planet.
transmissionsmedia.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

I guess it was worth saying three times.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Maybe the "white hand" of saruman and the "great eye" of sauron are the most likely items of masonic cult in the movie.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Samwise Gamgee is the Hobbit standing in the mouth of the cave in those stills. Now you have your G and the symbolism is complete.

...or it's just a scene in a movie and some set designer was trying to come up with a unique configuration for a cave entrance, settling on a rough square rotated 45 degrees.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Cambot

I wonder if there is a lodge in the shire.

hobbit, dune, etc

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Really clutching at straws to make it fit.

Cant you see it,

Sam is acting like a cheerleader and making the G

I knew all along,

The eye of Sauron,

Ah, ah........

Armageddon outa here

I see who has posted 5 posts above this one and what their avatar is

edit on 12-3-2015 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Not trying to derail, but last week I finished reading the Silmarillion...a great book that fills in a lot of the story of the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That super genius author, Tolkien, was a Catholic. So in some ways a masonic symbol there would be very out of place, in other ways perfect.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
connecting invisible dots

<< 1   >>

join