It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason logo in Lord of the Rings 3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The scene starts exactly 7:30 into the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (if you have the movie) The cave seems to be shaped in the image of a freemason logo.

The two hobbits wake up in this cave to continue their journey to destroy evil. Not sure if there is some masonic theme here, feel free to input anything.
edit on 22-12-2014 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Really clutching at straws to make it fit.
Maybe just maybe the set designers liked the shape...
Heck maybe even read the story and notice the symbolism...much better then a cave shape = mason conspiracy.
edit on 22-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: holywar666

I know the Masons are all about duality good vs evil, so im figuring there could be further meaning. What do you think?

Masonry really does not have much to do with a good versus evil mentality. The only place this even comes up is when discussing the floor in King Solomon's Temple.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: holywar666

Why dont you ask the Masonic ATS members here directly? You do know we have more tha a few? (Try not talking like they arent here.) Respect. Respect. Respect....and you may get some answers.

Best

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I'm thinking ewe have way 2 much free thyme.

edit on 22-12-2014 by whatisurproblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

So what?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

So what?

I thought it was interesting. I always thought it was a freemason logo and finally got around to posting it.

originally posted by: whatisurproblem

I'm thinking ewe have way 2 much free thyme.

Brilliant
edit on 22-12-2014 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

A great deal of masonic imagery was used throughout several design aesthetics in the movies. transmissionsmedia.com...

Some of it is explained in the "extras" in the boxed set, the making-of videos.

During pre-production design and planning, the artists used a lot of historical visual influences from nordic (Rohan), celtic (elves), germanic (dwarves), freemasonry (orcs and Mordor), and more. Their primary rationale was to give everything a "familiar" lost-history feel. On the whole, there's a crap-ton more celtic, druid, and pagan imagery than all others combined.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The hole in the rocks does resemble a Masonic compass after all they could have made it probably with less difficulty just another hole in a rock.

I've been so busy lately I haven' had time to enjoy the Christmas season or any Christmas music. So I thought I'd look up Frank Sinatra on YouTube this evening and hear some old Classics like Chesnuts Roasting on An Opern Fire, Have Yourself A merry Little Christmas and Santa Clause Is Coming To Town and a few more.

Anyhow I couldn't help but notice that if there is an A in any of the titles to his songs once the vid starts playing, it will look like the Masonic Compass. I guess he was a Mason! I wonder what degree? Its right up front if you don't care to hear the whole song.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yeah i think so too. upside down, whatever. I suppose this one from MW3 is just idiotic thought too......

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Really, I dont even know what to say to that.

You basically just pulled a numerology type move where you only take the data that fits whatever stretch you are trying to explain and use that.

Other than there being some angles in it that is about as close as it gets to a mason symbol.

I mean it's not like the books have been around for a long time.It's not like the stories that motivated CS Lewis and Tolkien , their stories of war and Christianity, which motivated much of what they wrote have been around for a long time.

You know what I just noticed, top of this bottle I have on my desk is a flat circle. It's clearly a sign from the IllumiNSAMasons that the Earth is flat.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

You're entitled to your opinion. The OP is suggesting it looks like something. You don't think so.

Couldn't you have left it that?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

You're entitled to your opinion. The OP is suggesting it looks like something. You don't think so.

Couldn't you have left it that?

Been a long day at work and if that came off strong then my bad.

No I dont think it looks like a Mason symbol.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

hey, done it myself. Part of the reason we come back is community. There's plenty of others out there to ridicule.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I wonder if there is a lodge in the shire.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cambot
I wonder if there is a lodge in the shire.

It's actually where I was raised

Temple Shire of the Woods...I don't even wanna START with what I went through there

Anyway...I can see resemblance...but doubt it personally. I wonder though sometimes honestly if movie/music video directors put these things in just to raise eyebrows and ultimately interest in their movies

not that it's needed though, we all know the rampant popularity of this set of films

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
7:30 ---->73=37

holy numbers for these ppl.

edit on 23-12-2014 by yeahsurexxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 23-12-2014 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

OMG you're on to us! Seriously, what does it matter?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
As an artist I also have used Masonic symbols as well as many other ancient and modern symbols ... This does not mean I am a Mason or an occultist.
Symbols for me they are like triggers to explore deeper meanings/layers or can be used within one's own language to explain a more personal view.
edit on 23-12-2014 by artistpoet because: typo

edit on 23-12-2014 by artistpoet because: t

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join