It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Isis: The first Western journalist ever to be given access to the 'Islamic State' has just

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
link

So this guy went and spent 10 days with Isis. How did he not get beheaded was my first thought. Apparently his too.

But he paints a worrying picture. Isis is going to become a caliphate at the rate it's growing.
With social welfare and schooling for girls.
Not sure what sort of schooling they will get.

In any case take a read and let's discuss.

The first Western journalist in the world to be allowed extensive access to Isis territories in Syria and Iraq has returned from the region with a warning: the group is “much stronger and much more dangerous” than anyone in the West realises.

Jürgen Todenhöfer, 74, is a renowned German journalist and publicist who travelled through Turkey to Mosul, the largest city occupied by Isis, after months of negotiations with the group’s leaders.

He plans to publish a summary of his “10 days in the Islamic State” on Monday, but in interviews with German-language media outlets has revealed his first impressions of what life is like under Isis.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

He has done some other interesting articles :

Jürgen Todenhöfer: The West doesn’t want democracy in Syria

youtube interview

and more about the man
whoislog link

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Sounds more like this journalist is somewhat of a "sympathizer" to their cause and is being allowed this opportunity in order to write some propaganda on their behalf. IS is not going to do much of anything. They have already proven to not have the ability to truly fight a war, and are seemingly only capable of striking fear in unarmed communities around them.

These guys will be the next big nothings.....just like Al-Q.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Sounds more like this journalist is somewhat of a "sympathizer" to their cause and is being allowed this opportunity in order to write some propaganda on their behalf. IS is not going to do much of anything. They have already proven to not have the ability to truly fight a war, and are seemingly only capable of striking fear in unarmed communities around them.

much like the american military and the co-allition then ? we killed more women and children than we did combatants.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: muckleduck

And that mitigates ISIS' actions....how? Or were you just taking the opportunity to bash America?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Great article. Thanks

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: muckleduck

much like the american military and the co-allition then ? we killed more women and children than we did combatants.

Umm...no. I wouldn't compare the 2 at all. US military is VERY capable of highly accurate strikes. I would say the US military and IS are polar opposites when it comes to abilities. IS is like a mob throwing rocks compared to most any well trained/armed force. They are a joke everywhere except the cities they occupy and try to scare everyone. If the US did get fully involved and were allowed to exterminate them in whatever city/country they are in, they would be very splintered and on the run very quickly.

Got any sources or figures to back up your claim of killing more innocent than non?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

"much stronger and much more dangerous”

Yeah sure...

That despite the fact they're dying by the hundreds, retreating from areas they ambushed and being decimated by Kurds, Tribes & a coalition of Air Forces...

They're disgusting, they're worse than the Nazis in intent, if that's possible...

But they're far from a "much stronger" than we believe.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Whatever happens it is a certainty this is going to be an ugly end one way or another.

What is going to happen when they finally defeat this army of murderers and terrorists?

Do they kill them all?

Put them all in jail?

Send them back to their countries?

It’s a black hole of possibilities that all aren’t good.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

This I would agree with. The Kurds are by and large kicking the proverbial snot out of them across the board. IS pulls off their crap against people who can't fight them. As soon as the Kurds started throwing blows, the game changed.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

But they're far from a "much stronger" than we believe.

I sincerely hope you are right Charlie my friend, otherwise........

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So, does anybody think they just made sure to give him that impression?

I doubt he had free reign to go where he pleased and talk to who he wanted to.

Seems more like North Korean tactics when dealing with visitors, trying to make them something they are not.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Exactly my friend, they were all good with an unexpected sucker punch ambush in Iraq...

Once the people picked themselves up, dusted themselves off, & raised arms in a true Jihad...
IS started losing numbers & ground by the day.

The only reason they had any success in Syria was for similar ambush tactics against people focused on the civil war...

I'd say they're Snakes for elaboration, but I like Snakes & don't appreciate the the comparison...

They're a pile of sh#.

I feel better now.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Oh please! Surely you can't mean that anybody would ever put on a good front for a journalist just to try and get a few extra sympathizers over on their side of the fence. I'm sure they gave him an all access, unfettered pass and didn't try to hide any of their dark dirty secrets at all.

And before any of the "America does it too" comments are sent my way: yes, I know. So does everybody else in the world. Hence the tongue in cheek response

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yeah me too, to be honest pal...

There is a chance I'm talking wet & they are a Global threat...

I've been convinced of their barbarism...
Not so much their capabilities though.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Umm...no. I wouldn't compare the 2 at all. US military is VERY capable of highly accurate strikes. I would say the US military and IS are polar opposites when it comes to abilities. IS is like a mob throwing rocks compared to most any well trained/armed force. They are a joke everywhere except the cities they occupy and try to scare everyone. If the US did get fully involved and were allowed to exterminate them in whatever city/country they are in, they would be very splintered and on the run very quickly.

Got any sources or figures to back up your claim of killing more innocent than non?

accurate strikes? are u having a laugh? agent orange in vietnam anyone?

dropping a 2000lb jdam into an area isnt classed as precision strike, ur just hoping to hit it b dropping 3 of them, if u were any good at precision strikes this conversation wouldnt be happening.

i might aswell bring up the friendly fire incidents aswell where america has shot down british jets and helicopters, strafing our troops, shooting our convoys that are marked following the americans on the same route.

costsofwar.org...

www.unknownnews.org...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

need i go to youtube and provide u with the drone footage?

ok ill pull up the info on all civlian casualties since u insist.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Shamrock6

Exactly my friend, they were all good with an unexpected sucker punch ambush in Iraq...

Once the people picked themselves up, dusted themselves off, & raised arms in a true Jihad...
IS started losing numbers & ground by the day.

The only reason they had any success in Syria was for similar ambush tactics against people focused on the civil war...

where did isis get the equipment and funding to fight in syria though?

I'd say they're Snakes for elaboration, but I like Snakes & don't appreciate the the comparison...

They're a pile of sh#.

I feel better now.

seem to have an awful lot of new american military tech, considering they were trained in jordan, an ally of america.
edit on 22-12-2014 by muckleduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

accurate strikes? are u having a laugh? agent orange in vietnam anyone?

dropping a 2000lb jdam into an area isnt classed as precision strike, ur just hoping to hit it b dropping 3 of them, if u were any good at precision strikes this conversation wouldnt be happening.

i might aswell bring up the friendly fire incidents aswell where america has shot down british jets and helicopters, strafing our troops, shooting our convoys that are marked following the americans on the same route.

costsofwar.org...

www.unknownnews.org...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

need i go to youtube and provide u with the drone footage?

ok ill pull up the info on all civlian casualties since u insist.

Since you're answering his question, can you answer mine too? I'll restate it: how does any of this mitigate what IS is doing? Or are you just taking the opportunity to bash America?

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: muckleduck

And that mitigates ISIS' actions....how? Or were you just taking the opportunity to bash America?

I don't think he said that in an attempt to mitigate anything ISIS has done, more to highlight what he sees as total and blatant hypocrisy...that's how i read what he said, although i could be totally wrong.

link   
a reply to: Willtell

They want to bring their own brand of Sharia to the World...

I say punish them with the same thing they endorse.

If I came across a child murderer buried up to their neck in sand, I'd happily grab a few rocks & treat their head as if Babe Ruth was awaiting a pitch.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join