It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea May be Under Mass Cyber Attack

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
If you want to have an impact, drop a million flash drives with copies of 'The Interview'. That would cause the powers-that-be more grief than any kind of cyber retaliation.

None of the public there has a computer to stick a flash drive into. And one new enough to have a USB port? good luck.

South Korea has been importing movies to the North on flash drives for years already. It's a common way to smuggle outside movies that North Koreans love to watch. They have the odd player in most villages somewhere.

Your understanding of N. Korea seems outdated.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Crazyewok, I don't think anybody is seriously entertaining a ground war in NK. At least, not anytime soon.

Who knows? Maybe the fact that Kimmy can no longer email his cook in the kitchen to fry him some chicken, and smother it with exotic cheeses, might be enough to freak him out. 'Specially if he has to walk all the way in there on that hurt foot to request it in person.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Fair enough but it doesn't claim to show all of the traffic, from their site

Every second, Norse collects and analyzes live threat intelligence from darknets in hundreds of locations in over 40 countries. The attacks shown are based on a small subset of live flows against the Norse honeypot infrastructure, representing actual worldwide cyber attacks by bad actors. At a glance, one can see which countries are aggressors or targets at the moment, using which type of attacks (services-ports).

It is showing what it can see and what it is showing is attacks on the US. You know any other way of looking at what is happening?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

If you say so.

Clear it even more. then.

What is the metric they are using to differentiate 'good' internet traffic from the 'bad' traffic dealing with 'Yottabyes' of information sent per second world wide.?

edit on 22-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

It is showing what it can see and what it is showing is attacks on the US. You know any other way of looking at what is happening?

Get US Cybercom to create a website.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Obama said proportional attack.

If the US is doing this it isn’t proportional at all to take down the whole country for a hack into Sony

This is like a lion against a roach the US attacking NK IT infrastructure. Certainly not a fair fight.

Supposedly they route their traffic to some Chinese company.

Now that would be a fair fight, China against the US

A WAR OVER THIS?

The Router wars… I DOUBT IT:

All over a silly movie by Sony and a antiquated IT structure that probably goes back to Token ring MAU networks or worst.

And hand me down micro channel pc’s

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

How is any of this adding to the thread? You don't think the site is any good? Good for you, giving suggestions that US Cybercom create a site adds nothing, any other way of looking at what is happening besides ipviking and real time web monitor?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
LOL...and 1000x lol, CNN:

>>
It's as if North Korea got erased from the global map of the Internet," he said.

Prince told CNN it's well within the realm of possibility that a single individual could be behind the interruption but said he can't conclude at this point an attack is actually taking place.

"If it is an attack, it's highly unlikely it's the United States. More likely it's a 15-year-old in a Guy Fawkes mask," he said.
>>

So let me get this straight. We have an attack on SONY, and it is immediately "concluded" that it is NK, better even, "the North Korean government" (citing FBI) even with many experts strongly disagreeing.

Now, NK itself is literally "erased from the Internet" and the media IMMEDIATELY cite some guy who knows
"it's a 15-year-old in a Guy Fawkes mask".

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!

edit on 12/22/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Yo ?

When a government is hacking another country that site is not going to show it.

It will bounce all over the world first, then just vanish.

ETA:

More 'nothing'.

pando.com...

www.riskbasedsecurity.com...
edit on 22-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

What do those links prove? Did you read what I posted before replying? Here is how it works

... we have, at any given time, over 5 million emulations towards the Internet,” said Stiansen. “Meaning we emulate over 5 million users, severs, infrastructures on the Internet. We mimic a bank. We put in place honeypots to mimic Microsoft Exchange servers, Linux systems, ATMs. We try to mimic as much as we can of the infrastructure online to make it look attractive to be attacked.” It is through these honeypots, or “mousetraps,” that Norse is able to dupe hackers or malicious computer tools into revealing information about themselves, like IP addresses, which Norse can then use to keep track of their activities.

www.digitaltrends.com...#!1tOOh

Now how is anything you are saying adding to the conversation? Except of course to stroke your own ego.
edit on 22-12-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
NK is so primitive they use coat hangers for antennas!

They don’t even have black & white TV its microwave TV…you don’t even see a picture you just feel the heat!

..and the great USA is going to cyber attack this primitive nut case country out of their one ISP in the whole country

Proportional response would have been to take down a tractor in a rice paddy in NK.

These people think Dennis Rodman is Denzel Washington!

edit on 22-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Rest assured the folks at NSA are having a heyday. I'd bet the bosses at NSA said "hey NSA hackers, have a go at NK and no holds barred". Free night out.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Why don't the hackers put up anti-NK websites and news stories in the NK State internet's place?

Millions of North Koreans are living in extreme poverty while their "Dear Leader" lives in a mansion.

Time for the people to overthrow their corrupt leader!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

NK only has 4 networks that connect to the internet. yes thats right, 4. Compare that to the about 160,000 the US maintains with various companies and team internet.

So in terms of taking them off the internet completely? Pretty sure I could do that with 4 boxes and a python script.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Proportional attack doesn't make sense to me. What's the point of bothering? Slightly more than proportional with a touch of consider you're next move carefully would send a more appropriate message. This is NK though, so a message anyone else would understand will go over their heads - maybe the message is for someone else?

edit on 22-12-2014 by CoaterieSlips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
More like the USA hacking Sony to start with to blame North Korea and start this. It's what they do. a reply to: caladonea

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Why don't the hackers put up anti-NK websites and news stories in the NK State internet's place?

& who would view these websites?

Millions of North Koreans are living in extreme poverty while their "Dear Leader" lives in a mansion.

Time for the people to overthrow their corrupt leader!

You could be talking about any Country with that rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think our internet is going to go down. I don't think it'll be from the outside either. I can't shake the feeling that this was all a setup from the get go. Fat boy is going to take the blame if it does happen and the people will eat it up. Now, if it does happen, why?

I do reserve the right to be wrong. I am only human.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
What if this is the US keeping NO silent, unable to question the official story?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join