It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea May be Under Mass Cyber Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Pretty sure thats a microsoft trackball

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think all this is Unconfirmed and Unsubstantiated.

If true it would be Unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

What you don't see due to clever camera angle:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
OMG OMG! We have turned this into a joke thread!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

(hehe)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Im sure he has Grue repellant.

I spent months playing that in the early 80's.

Thanks for the fond memory.

Bards tale was my favorite. lol

edit on 12 22 2014 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 22 2014 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
And here I was thinking the current administration didn't have the snips to retaliate.

My vote is not us.

Vis a vis it was labeled 'cyber vandalism'.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Heh, that's the trackball Mom uses (she's over 80) to teach Sr Citizens computing.

That kind of ball won't accidentally slip positions if your hand is not used to using a computer.

She uses it as a training mouse for Seniors with shaky hands.

Looks like a super old model to me too, it's so big, and bulky, looks like the 40mb one I had in the 80's.

Kim's military really is high tech, huh.

Anyway, whoever is doing it - good for them
Kim lives like a pampered God, killing anyone who dares to say he has a hair out of place or worse, torturing political opponents and starving his own people while stuffing himself on gourmet cheese and wine. I doubt any "regular" person in NK even has a commodore 64 let alone access to the internet.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Well, this is a weird twist. Just hours after we learned that North Korea wanted to work with the United States on a joint investigation into the Sony Pictures hack, The New York Times is reporting that the U.S. now wants China's help in stopping North Korean hackers. Apparently, U.S. officials want to unleash the Great Firewall on North Korea.

At least, that's what it sounds like. "What we are looking for is a blocking action, something that would cripple their efforts to carry out attacks," an unnamed official told the Times. China reportedly hasn't responded to the request. However, as the paper reports: "[China's] cooperation would be critical, since virtually all of North Korea's telecommunications run through Chinese-operated networks." The hacks themselves were routed through China first and then through Singapore, Thailand, and Bolivia

May be the couse

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Maybe Obama really does have an agenda to topple a EuroCentric Caucasian Democratic world?

Looking at this all it seems pretty strange

You have him pissing off Russia in regards to Ukraine... a strong hold of Caucasian pride in itself, let's face it, if war breaks out Ukraine will get rolled over, so would Europe if we simply failed to help

We just normalized relations with Cuba which opens the door for Communist sympathizers soon enough in a major way

We have racial tensions disturbed now to the point where cops are being targeted in our major cities all while gun control looms and Caucasians face double penalties if they even fight back against Black people who attack them.

Now NK, which could easily on a first volley just end South Korea and Tokyo just by launching a lot of crappy rockets let alone short range nukes which leaves China....

of course the ME has basically been handed to fundamentalists under Obamas charge...

Don't get me wrong in this, i'm a very liberal guy... but even I have to admit this all seems fishy

Who says Obama isn't a Russian Communist plant? Tons of Black guys were recruited in the 60's

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The “Guardians of Peace” hackers that released damaging information stolen from SONY and forced them to shut down the release of the film “the Interview,” have released a message mocking the FBI investigation that concluded they originated from North Korea.

Here's the message:

By GOP
The result of investigation by FBI is so excellent that you might have seen what we were doing with your own eyes. We congratulate you success. FBI is the BEST in the world.

source

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Make up your minds. In many threads we are supposed to believe that n.k. has such networks capable of hacking the world and in others their internet is a joke. I think the truth is that they did not do the recent hacking. If they did then un would have thrown a victory party.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Well at least we know where the hackers are in "time", if they're using memes from the mid-90's.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

People seem to have a misconception about network security and computer technology. You can have VERY dated technology and still hack a modern corporate database. So long as you have a semi-stable internet connection you're good to go.

Their technology IS probably rather dated, but not to the extent that we make light of, but that doesn't diminish their capability to perform the hack.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Sony is also famous for getting hacked over and over and over again..

I don't think it was North Korea, but at this point that matters little.

They will be blamed and punished for it.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's little Kim's sister tying up the phone talking to Dennis Rodman...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am sort of baffled about the disconnect here....showing Kim on a pre-stone age computer and making fun of it...and on the other hand claims of "Elite Hackers" working in a "secret Unit 121" downloading 100s of Terabytes of data from one of the largest companies on this world.

So what is it? You don't download 100s of Terabytes on a stoneage-computer via dial-up, obviously.

In fact there is evidence that the hack, the code used, used insider information such as server IPs from SONY's internal network. To gather this information alone would take A LONG TIME...let alone downloading 100s of Terabytes of data subsequently. This was a very well planned hack, not some amateurs who got into SONY by luck and coincidence.
edit on 12/22/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

So perhaps we've entered the era of internet sanctions. I never thought of that before? I can't imagine how devastating it would be for a country in this day and age to be completely denied access to the internet. Probably not that hard to do either if you had the major players on board.

edit on 22-12-2014 by CraftBuilder because: I fixed a boo-boo.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Sony is also famous for getting hacked over and over and over again..

I don't think it was North Korea, but at this point that matters little.

They will be blamed and punished for it.

No this time the blame will not stand and the truth will come out. They will not be punished.

I am simply negating your well put perception with hopeful positivity.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

People have a lot of misconceptions about NK.

The North Korean military created a new unit that focuses solely on cyber warfare. The unit, dubbed Unit 121, was first created in 1998 and has steadily grown in size and capability since then. Interest in establishing cyber war forces shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone, but North Koreas intense effort stands out among the top ten nations developing cyber weapons. Read more: defensetech.org... Defense.org

That was 7 years ago.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

I am sort of baffled about the disconnect here....showing Kim on a pre-stone age computer and making fun of it...and on the other hand claims of "Elite Hackers" working in a "secret Unit 121" downloading 100s of Terabytes of data from one of the largest companies on this world.

So what is it? You don't download 100s of Terabytes on a stoneage-computer via dial-up, obviously.

In fact there is evidence that the hack, the code used, used insider information such as server IPs from SONY's internal network. To gather this information alone would take A LONG TIME...let alone downloading 100s of Terabytes of data subsequently. This was a very well planned hack, not some amateurs who got into SONY by luck and coincidence.

OPINION: Fine-Points-of-Observation

-
Additional-OBSERVATION(s):

Based upon the assumption of External-Hacking, SONY themselves would have to have some Serious-Kick-Butt-Connections to the Public-Internet.

( or insider(s) with portable-external-storage-devices? )

edit on 22-12-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join