It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T&C question/removed posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So I just had a post removed for being off topic. Great, my bad. Don't even remember what it was at this point but I'm sure it was off topic to somebody so it got popped.

Question is this: while trying to figure out what I had said (learn from your mistakes, right?), happened to scroll around to see if any of the other comments triggered my memory. They didn't, but what I did see was a comment that a certain group "are all racist a##holes." The hashtags are mine. The original post has the actual word in all its glory.

So....can somebody explain how off topic posts can get removed so easily and quickly but vulgar, obscene, libelous, and hateful posts get to hang around? Feel like 15a and 15b should probably both cover that.

Not complaining about my post getting removed. Mod felt it was off topic, okay fine. But how does one remove off topic posts all around a post containing all that I mentioned above, and then leave that post alone?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You can always alert a mod to a post by clicking the little person looking icon below the posters stats.

That way they can get pointed right to it if you feel it shouldn't be there.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I've noticed that the words pi##, pi##ed, a##hole, b###ard & bo##ocks usually go unpunished.

It's really upto us to alert the mods, as they don't read every thread and rely on us to let them know as much as searching through every word of every thread for a T&C violation.

I've had posts removed when they were in fact on topic, so that can sometimes be selective...
Once alerted the mods may see a direction the thread could potentially go because of perceived "off-topic" posts and remove them as a precaution.
I think this is why there is no warning or points penalty or threat of a ban for such posts as opposed to serious manner/T&C violations.
edit on 22-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Staff can't read every post, let alone every word in every post. If you see something that you think violates the T&C's, you can use the "Alert" button in the menu under a person's stats (Stars, Flags, etc.), or you can use the Complaint form in the drop-down menu at the top of the page along with a link to the post in question.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Hey Sham,

As listed above, the staff do 95% of their work, based on members filing complaints.

Sometimes, we scroll through a few pages and end up missing a post or two that should have gone.

You can either PM the staff member who axed your post for further details and support in these cases, or file an alert with that nifty link supplied above.

As the answer has been provided, thread closed.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

new topics

top topics

join