It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'very serious' bin lorry crash in Glasgow City Centre

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
News breaking of a bin lorry crash where it's believed several people may have been killed as the lorry ploughed through Christmas shoppers.
It's being reported that the driver of the lorry may have had a heart attack.
Initial reports say as many a 6 people may have been killed

Police described the crash, outside Queen Street station and the Millennium Hotel at about 14:30, as very serious.

Eyewitnesses reported the lorry moving at speed before hearing a bang. Several people were seen lying on the ground.

A large number of emergency vehicles are in attendance and roads surrounding George Square have been closed.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: "There is an ongoing incident involving a bin lorry on George Square."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Police have just confirmed there have been a number of fatalities but no figure given at this time , this is another sad happening in Glasgow at Christmas , my thoughts and sympathies are with the families and friends of the affected.

edit on 22-12-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Just read it on skynews.

Seems strange coz those bin lorry's are usually travelling pretty slowly.

edit to add: I just read in your post that the driver may have had a sudden attack which would explain the sudden increase in speed.

At least it weren't some nutter shouting 'alla akhba'
edit on CSTMon, 22 Dec 2014 09:44:45 -0600u3109x045x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Killed by a run away garbage truck..... I hopes thats not my fate.

Those poor people!!!

edit on b4343936 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Looks like this was a genuine accident, no harmfull intent. What crap time of the year for this to happen. Very sad. My thoughts go out to those hurt, and their familys.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Did the driver survive the heart attack?
How horrible for him and his family as well as the families of those who died.
Live police statement on skynews right now.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Could be as many as 6 dead...someone's Christmas is about to be ruined. and as it's close to home i sure hope it's not mine.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
First thoughts were copy cat of that allah akhbar attack in france yesterday. Looks more like an accident though.................. so they say

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Cops said the driver is in hospital,but wouldn't confirm it was a heart attack.
I don't think its connected to yesterdays horror in France thankfully,but that will be of no comfort to the relatives.
Just a horrid accident.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is why life's # !
Poor kids rip

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
How horrible, to be killed while shopping for christmas gifts. This is a reminder that life is very very short, and we should live every second like its our last. I will kiss and hug my children just a little longer today, i do this every day, but sometimes its good to be reminded by someone elses heart ache. My thoughts and prayers are with the ones that got hurt or killed

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Police have confirmed 6 dead with 7 seriously injured.
Sad day.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Police have confirmed 6 dead with 7 seriously injured.
Sad day.

Sad indeed, condolences to all concerned. Glasgow had to deal with the same thing nearly this time last year with the police helicopter crash, also with multiple deaths on the ground.

edit on 22-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So, so sad. This is shocking news.
Sincere condolences to all the families affected by this tragedy.

B x

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

At least it weren't some nutter shouting 'alla akhba'

Not that is any comfort to the dead i s'pose.

Bad luck and sympathies to all concerned, wrong place - wrong time i guess.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

I don't think its connected to yesterdays horror in France thankfully,but that will be of no comfort to the relatives.
Just a horrid accident.

This just in on skynews:

A man driving a van has ploughed into a crowd at a Christmas market in Nantes, western France, injuring 11 people. According to local newspaper Ouest France, citing a police officer and witnesses on the scene, the driver of the white van shouted "Allahu akbar" ("God is greatest" in Arabic) and stabbed himself with a knife. The driver reportedly drove at a chalet serving hot wine in front of which several people were gathered, a witness said. A local official said 11 people were injured, including the driver of the vehicle.

Seems strange doesn't it... 3 attacks in 3 days in France.. is it possible this is an attack up in Glasgow too?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Just a horrid accident.

This just in on skynews:

Seems strange doesn't it... 3 attacks in 3 days in France.. is it possible this is an attack up in Glasgow too?

Unless Al qaeda have infiltrated the cooncil i doubt it very much.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Glasgow seems to have had more than its fair share of tragic accidents recently.

My most heartfelt condolences to all concerned and to the people of that great city.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just heard about it
Tragic just tragic.
Thoughts go out to all concerned.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You're probably right but you never know who is who these days and they could be anywhere...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You're probably right but you never know who is who these days and they could be anywhere...

Maybe , but if you are right (and this is where logic should drive your thinking) they have to be the most incompetent bunch of terrorists ever! There was a whole square of people to "aim" for (If you lived here or looked at a Google streetview you would know that). They could also have ploughed into the front of the hotel. It has a glass fronted VERY full coffee shop and bar, sat there myself. But it didn't it went in a straightish line up Queen street into the corner of the Hotel

This is quite obviously an accident. Please don't offend the families of dead by using them in a conspiracy theory.

Oh and don't forget what happens to terrorists in Glasgow! They get the crap kicked out of them even when they are on fire.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join