It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belarus In Full-Blown Hyperinflation Panic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: intrptr

That "old warhorse" is why we aren't all speaking Russian here right now.

Or rather why we're able to post here at all, or why this website is allowed to exist.

Under Russia's communism a website like ATS would be considered a threat to the state and shut down.

NATO defeated "Communism"? Then what are you gripping about? Watch out, here come the commies… again.

That rhetoric is so old, it goes way back to a time in this country, people laughed at it then too…

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: intrptr

That "old warhorse" is why we aren't all speaking Russian here right now.

Or rather why we're able to post here at all, or why this website is allowed to exist.

Under Russia's communism a website like ATS would be considered a threat to the state and shut down.

NATO defeated "Communism"? Then what are you gripping about? Watch out, here come the commies… again.

That rhetoric is so old, it goes way back to a time in this country, people laughed at it then too…

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming...

One can't defeat communism.

You cannot defeat an idea. Ideas are bulletproof. You cannot defeat Communism as much as you cannot defeat the concept of the color Blue.

NATO has been successful, however, in stopping the spread of Communism to countries that do not want it.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Suffering by who's measuring stick? Most of Europe is still 1st world by all definitions of the term.

Sure, Eastern and Southern Europe are not to be counted as Europe.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

One can't defeat communism.

I know, I lived through the whole charade last time.

Convenient that we can never 'defeat' communism, or terror for that matter. Endless war is good for the industrial War Complex (factories for war).

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

That's what I meant by "most", so yes. MOST of Europe is still 1st world. There are European countries that are suffering hardship, I feel for them.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You do know that`s not most ?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I'm not going to argue with you over the definition of "most"

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

China is smarter as The West, they won`t act in the same manner.

Yes, they'll do they're enslaving more cleverly.

I live in a country that is currently being bought up by China, doubtless with a view to future enslavement. The way it works is this: our government takes massive loans from China to fund infrastructure projects — roads, ports, airports and the like. These projects are then awarded to Chinese contractors (many of which are wholly or partially state-owned). The contractors are paid out of the borrowed money, the rest of which is swallowed up by elephantine commissions paid to the decision-makers who thought up these projects and awarded them to the Chinese in the first place.

The Chinese contractors then farm out much of the actual work to cheaper local subcontractors and repatriate their profits. We get our roads and airports, but have to pay back the loans, which we will be doing for generations.

How's that for a smart way to create a client state?

DJW001 is 100 percent correct.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

China is smarter, The West drives Russia to China because China is doing it smarter as The West.

Instead of The West gaining influence they are losing it. Without the economic warfare going against Russia, Russia wouldn`t have needed to make that move and be more independent, and still have better ties with Europe.

I bet the Chinese are laughing their asses off because of what The West is doing.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
There we go...

Belarus president could end up like Gaddafi – senior Russian MP

A senior Russian lawmaker has warned Belarus President Aleksandr Lukashenko against détente with the US, warning him he could end like Libya’s Gaddafi.

“Milosevic, Gaddafi and Hussein all tried to be friends with the United States. Their fates are well known. Now the US is offering ‘new relations’ with Lukashenko. This is a dangerous experiment,” the head of the State Duma Foreign Relations Committee Aleksey Pushkov wrote in a Twitter post on Monday.

The comment came soon after US Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland talked about a small improvement of US-Belarus relations, adding that the country was always open to more dialogue with Belarus.

Source

It`s just another plot in the attack on Russia

Yes; he's much better off aligning himself with Russia, like Viktor Yanukovytch... Say... whatever happened to Yanukovytch do you suppose?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Prior to WW2 Germany ran an inflation campaign to pay off their WW1 debts.

Inflation in Russia was running around 9 percent till they jumped the key interest rate to 17 percent from 11.
Russia doesn't have a huge national debt when compared to most western countries.
Now Belarus is having similar inflation problems, will they hike interest rates?

Obama said Putin is no chess master at economics.
Of course you don't need to be if you are already in the trunk of the end game.

Why did the Russian government choose to default on their debt in 1998 rather than expand their debt?

All throughout this process, the Russian Government had the ABILITY to pay in rubles. However, due to its choice of fixing the exchange rate at level above ‘market levels’ it was not, in mid August, WILLING to make payments in rubles. In fact, even after floating the ruble, when payment could have been made without losing reserves, the Russian Government, which included the Treasury and Central Bank, continued to be UNWILLING to make payments in rubles when due, both domestically and internationally. It defaulted on ruble payment BY CHOICE, as it always possessed the ABILITY to pay simply by crediting the appropriate accounts with rubles at the Central Bank. Why Russia made this choice is the subject of much debate. However, there is no debate over the fact that Russia had the ABILITY to meet its notional ruble obligations but was UNWILLING to pay and instead CHOSE to default. “

This articles blames the Soviet breakup in the early 90's, which makes sense since Russia was asked to service debt that belonged to the breakaway nations no longer subject to Russian taxation.

pragcap.com...

I doubt Russia is planning to default again and the Ruble is strengthening with currency swaps from China.

edit on 22-12-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I find it sad that Belarus has to suffer just because their economy is tied to Russia.

I find it said Europe has to suffer because it is tied to the US.

Did Europe's currency devalue by 50% in the past 6 months? If so I missed it. It's dipped, but still higher than it was in some parts of 2012.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Russia Today has being getting more viewers then CNN,FOX since they are better then the westren news outlets which in ways they have being demonizing Russia even during the winter games of last year.

That's because in Russia your choice for news is limited to certain media outlets so it isn't that big of a surprise.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Russia wouldn`t have needed to make that move and be more independent, and still have better ties with Europe.

Wait your saying they would have better ties with Europe, what exactly has been stopping them from that...oh wait it's Putin and his scared of the west attitude that is stopping them from having better ties with Europe not the West.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I find it sad that Belarus has to suffer just because their economy is tied to Russia.

Did Europe's currency devalue by 50% in the past 6 months? If so I missed it. It's dipped, but still higher than it was in some parts of 2012.

What has that to do with all the job losses because of it ?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What has that to do with all the job losses because of it ?

The job losses are a result of global instability, which was fueled by Putin and his invasion of Ukraine. Everyone is feeling some heat. Maybe Russia will think next time.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It`s because of the counter sanctions Europe is hit hard.

I know your script reads you to say Putin invaded the Ukraine, but all that has happened is that there was a coup which was not recognized by the Crimea and Eastern Ukraine which resulted in them declaring independence and followed by Crimea deciding to hold a referendum about joining the RF with the asking to provide safety by Russia surrounding the referendum by the already autonomous Crimea.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

It`s because of the counter sanctions Europe is hit hard.

The "counter sanctions" had nothing to do with it. Global economic instability has been the result of a collapse in global markets in 2007, due to a combination of a burst housing bubble, corrupt banking practices, overvalued stocks due to speculation and any number of other factors having nothing to do with Russia. One unanticipated outcome of this collapse is that certain previously overlooked sectors of the economy, such as agriculture, suddenly became more important. Putin's sanctions targeted the agricultural sector, but the sanctions are causing far worse suffering in Russia than elsewhere.

I know your script reads you to say Putin invaded the Ukraine, but all that has happened is that there was a coup which was not recognized by the Crimea and Eastern Ukraine which resulted in them declaring independence and followed by Crimea deciding to hold a referendum about joining the RF with the asking to provide safety by Russia surrounding the referendum by the already autonomous Crimea.

Your script seems to have been written in Bizzarro World. "All that has happened" is that there were popular protests against a corrupt President, who fled to Russia. The legally elected Parliament arranged emergency elections, the results of which Russia respects, if not formally recognized as "promised." There was no armed military rebellion, therefore no "coup." There were armed uprisings led by Russian neo-Nazis in Eastern Ukraine, resulting in Donetsk and Luhansk declaring themselves "people's republics." Meanwhile, Russian troops in uniforms not bearing appropriate signs of nationality, in violation of the Geneva Convention, took to the streets in Crimea, where Russia-appointed government officials arranged a plebiscite vote following Russian, not Ukrainian election law. This election was not preceded by general debate, nor was it monitored by outside observers. The initial reports of the tally suggested that more votes were cast than there were registered voters. This, believe it or not, is legal in Russia, but the tallies were later changed for international consumption. You used the word "autonomous" as though it were synonymous with "independent." It is not. Crimea could elect its local officials, but it had no right to secede under the Ukrainian constitution. You have been defending an illegal invasion and neo-Nazi rebellion.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The weak spot of certain members, they have absolutely no clue about economics.

General Invest head Vincenzo Trani stated that Italian businesses may lose up to 22 billion euro ($27.5 billion) by the end of 2014 from Western sanctions against Russia and Moscow's counter-measures.

Source

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

The weak spot of certain members, they have absolutely no clue about economics.

General Invest head Vincenzo Trani stated that Italian businesses may lose up to 22 billion euro ($27.5 billion) by the end of 2014 from Western sanctions against Russia and Moscow's counter-measures.

Source

And some people will believe anything they read if it agrees with their prejudices. Who is Vincenzo Trani that he is in a position to make this assertion?

Vincenzo Trani

In banking since 1996, since 2002 in Moscow.

In Italy worked at Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena in various executive positions.

Vincenzo Trani was developing key Russian microfinancial programs for eight years at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Banca Intesa (Russia), MDM Bank and Rosenergobank managing and developing credit portfolios worth up to USD300 million. Vincenzo Trani directed the acquisition of KMB-Bank by Banca INTESA.

In 2009 appointed as the the Honorary Consul of the Republic of Belarus in Naples, was awarded the Medal of Honour for the Development of Business in Russia and Belarus by P.P.Borodin, Secretary of State of the Union State of Russia and Belarus.

Winner of awards To Neapolitan who Made an Excellent Career Abroad (presented by Silvio Berlusconi, Italian Prime Minister), Initiator of Most Successful Small and Medium-Sized Business Projects, etc.

In his own words. [Emphasis mine. --DJW001]

Mr. Trani is not an Italian banker speaking on behalf of Italy, he is a Russian banker and Belorussian diplomat, who has been honored both by the Russian government and Italian Fascist Silvio Berlusconi. What he is presenting is not an objective analysis, but the official Russian party line. The fact that it is being disseminated by Sputnik should tell you it is just propaganda, even without further research.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join