It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Our Thoughts Change Our Energy and Thus Change Our Bodies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Everything is energy, right? Everything at it's base and at it's core is energy. So if everything is energy, and our thoughts are also energy, shouldn't we be able to think ourselves well from illness? Couldn't we change our energy ourselves so that we are healed of broken bones or diseases? Wouldn't that make sense if everything is energy? Infuse one positive healing energy over the negative illness energy? I would think we'd just have to learn how to tune our energies. Perhaps this is what prayer and meditation do?

Another metaphysical question I have is this - are diseases negative energy that has attached to our energy and manifested in what we perceived to be the physical world?

Nothing Is Solid & Everything Is Energy – Scientists Explain The World of Quantum Physics

What we perceive as our physical material world, is really not physical or material at all, in fact, it is far from it. This has been proven time and time again by multiple Nobel Prize (among many other scientists around the world) winning physicists, one of them being Niels Bohr, a Danish Physicist who made significant contributions to understanding atomic structure and quantum theory.

Quantum physicists discovered that physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating, each one radiating its own unique energy signature. Therefore, if we really want to observe ourselves and find out what we are, we are really beings of energy and vibration, radiating our own unique energy signature -this is fact and is what quantum physics has shown us time and time again. We are much more than what we perceive ourselves to be, and it’s time we begin to see ourselves in that light. If you observed the composition of an atom with a microscope you would see a small, invisible tornado-like vortex, with a number of infinitely small energy vortices called quarks and photons. These are what make up the structure of the atom. As you focused in closer and closer on the structure of the atom, you would see nothing, you would observe a physical void. The atom has no physical structure, we have no physical structure, physical things really don’t have any physical structure! Atoms are made out of invisible energy, not tangible matter

Nothing Is Solid: This Is the World of Quantum Physics

Our thoughts are linked to this invisible energy and they determine what the energy forms. Your thoughts literally shift the universe on a particle-by-particle basis to create your physical life.

Quantum physics shows us that the world is not the hard and unchangeable thing it may appear to be. Instead, it is a very fluid place continuously built up using our individual and collective thoughts.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jainine
Everything is energy, right?

How about you first define what you think "energy" actually is....

]quote] are diseases negative energy that has attached to our energy and manifested in what we perceived to be the physical world?

No

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Thinking that if they just believe they will be healed, then it will happen.

Faith is not simply believing that something will happen before it does.
Faith is knowing that the provisions have been made for that healing,
Then trusting the powers that be in Faith to manifest it on your behalf.

You cannot have a single kilo-ounce of doubt because it would never happen.

Yes, all things are possible through believing it will happen, but most times it doesn't
because there is always that little doubt in the back of our minds that says we can't.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I'm asking a metaphysical question. If everything is energy, then could disease be a manifestation of negative energy upon our positive energy.

Looking at it from human eyes, the answer is no. Disease has nothing to do with metaphysical energy.

But I"m asking from a metaphysical thought, keeping in mind that 'all things are energy'. (that's what these Quantum Physics folks are telling us, anyways).

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jainine

Couldn't we change our energy ourselves so that we are healed of broken bones or diseases?

A broken bone isn't "negative", more likely an accident. That bone will heal itself.

Negative illness is probably a result of doing destructive things that result in disease. Like smoking for instance. Why do people smoke? To look cool?

Thats vain pride which if not checked, could result in lung cancer eventually. Or a thousand other ailments, I'm here to tell ya.

It was my negative thinking that got me here, and as positive as I think about it now there is no reversing the damage I did.

Can we turn one hair on our head white or black?

Desire to be relived of what ills you and maybe if you want it, really want it bad enough, your wish will be granted. But don't be vain and full of pride again if it is, just be grateful.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Everything we can see is expressing Energy.

But E=MC2 Is only to show how energy can be displaced, Not how it came into existance and is only a calculation for expressing energy via measurement with a maximum potencial based on well measurement.

What ever that measurement is. If its how much weight it experiences vs how much energy can be expanded.

We can only see energy expressing itself.

If something becomes irratic, Such has losing magnetic equalibrium. A conciquence of Entropy caused by depletion of energy.

Atoms are only make of bonded magnetic fragments each giving off a different magnetic charge. Atoms need to be paired with properly charged particles that fit only in a linar pattern. So when something loses energy and displays decay the sub-atomic particles themselves are dieing out.

There is only one way to give energy back to these particles. The sub-structure of these sub-atomic particles each hold together using magnetism. Magnetism requires energy in order to function. Without it.
Something that may be there may just as seemlessly reapear and disappear because we can only see when fast spinning movement occurs.

We know that particles reach an invisible state because we can detect radiation. Which is when particles particularly neutrinos in most cases decay and give off radiation but electrons and protons give off radiation as well.

Just everyone is familiar with the term *nuclear* Where as there are other forms of energy similar to *Nuclear* that give off radiation tho *Nuclear* is the one we use for now because testing in other types of weapons and technology have not reached the state of a plasma bomb or something similar.

Anyways, Is mass really energy? If so, we would have to explain he existance of Dark matter. Which displays no energy but yet is still mass.

Therefore mass cannot equal energy. Mass is not energy, But mass can contain energy and displace it. Mass can layer ontop of each other and condense. This much is true.

IF not, This planet would not exist. Saying that mass is energy is a contradiction of sorts. Tho The mass that is being sent can be interprited as energy.

Even energy is not a seperate thing on its own.
Energy is Kenetic mass. That's all it is. It can be in either waves * one particle touches the next which pushes another which pushes another, Physical particle reaching an energy state along a liniar path sent from a direct source, Or a Lump some of mass travelling along a trajectory. Tho all mass is in some state of kenetic motion not, all mass is displaying energy in the form of mass transfer.

In the case of dark energy, Which is moveing *dark matter* in a less greater concentration. Where as in black holes the concentration is increased to 100%. Everything inside a black hole is made of Dark energy but since it's so dense it has physical effects on matter thus coining the term Dark Matter.

Decaying particles can be in a similar state to that of dark energy. It's magnetic charge may become so faint and weak it will seemingly cease to exist. Since mass displays energy it need to either replace the spent matter with newly charged particles or destroy the mass completely. Mass cannot be destroyed. It can only be drained of energy, So there must be a process replenishing the energy into decayed mass.

Dark holes would fit the bill. as they rotate they are sucking in all the spent decaying matter around it which keeps the dark hole open.

Matter from stars and asteroids would not be enough to keep a dark hole open. As the constant rate of physical matter needed is not met by a fixed rate, stars and asteroids are only sucked in if they fall to close to the dark holes orbit.
Now if dark holes are condensing decayed matter into a ball where the faint magnetic forces gets a juice up from the energy that condenses them. This causes a zero point energy phenomenon. Where the physical matter is physically touching and compressed to such a fine small dot that the opposing magnetic shards that repell at the same time the other ends of these fragments of particles are all fighting to combine as well as repell, As well as neutrally bound matter that both repells and attracts its bonding partners. Only they cannot move, they are bound together.

And its this transfer of magnetic energy, Without physical reaction that causes the energy to rise into zero point.
it rises because the energy is building up inside but cannot express itself.

it gets to a point where dark energy floating around in space expands shooting supercharged particles into space. Where some of it collects in gas clouds which form stars.

Energy could technically be said to have come from nothing. Tho that is only based on data from our 5 senses. Data from science would should that *nothing* does not exist. Nothing is an idea, a concept created by philosophies that used tools like our 5 senses to determine its answer. But that determination is not 100% accurate. Because it leaves out a whole process.

Important processes, Such as where energy comes from and how it acts.

Judging energy solely on its kenetic reactions does not paint the whole picture.

So is matter Energy literally? Yes matter is Energy litterally. However as explained. Energy is simply Kenetic matter. So in a sense. Energy technically does not exist as a *physical thing* Rather. it is simply a state of matter. The state with bright colors and flashy things but we call it energy to differenciate between both matter and its kenetic phase.

It is confusing because they can both be seen as 2 completely different things when in fact energy is only a state.

Much like the 4 elemental states, Solid Liquid gas and well you guessed it. Energy.
The 5th element would be Kenetic motion well not displaying energy AKA *Space*

Techically liquids and gasses are displays of energy. Since they are in a form that expells a lot of energy. The less movement. The more energy is being preserved. Water is constantly moving. So that is why we can syphon energy from it.
Hope this helps you in understanding the universe a little more.

Without Dark energy, There would be no space to seperate particles, And likewise. No Origin for energy to be created and for highly charged mass to come into existance.

Without it, The universe would drift away from itself at an exponencial rate. At the same time. Particles would lose their balence. As dark energy reduces the speed of particles. Particles would simply move to fast and their orbits would launch particles in all directions. Solar systems, and galaxies would shatter into an unfathomable ammount of fragments dispersing in every direction and would be moving faster than light, faster than energy. It would happen so fast that all matter would technically cease to exist. Because with such a theory, There would be no way to replenish said matter.

It is always good to compare data with paradox logic. If something can be knit picked by a paradox it is likely not true depending on the scientific truth of the paradox and its contradictions.
edit on 22-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DooDer
Thinking that if they just believe they will be healed, then it will happen.

Faith is a thought. According to the article, thoughts are energy. So if you focus that energy upon an illness, then the energy should change. Just sitting back and saying "I have faith that a god will heal this' isn't changing energy or doing anything, it's just saying words. At least, that's what I'm seeing.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

So if you focus that energy upon an illness, then the energy should change.

Doing that is exactly the same as

Just sitting back and saying "I have faith that a god will heal this'

You are thinking you will be healed, so the "energy" should change....

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Then replace some of the matter in your if you feel sick.

Eating healthy bitter foods would supply many nutrients that would replace matter that may be draining in your body.

This is how nutrient deficencies start and how they continue into bigger problems. Matter does not exist forever.

That is why we eat, to replenish energy and to replace decaying matter.

This is why over a course of several years, Many cells in your body will die off and be replaced that matter that did not exist in your body those years prior.

I believe brain cells are the only cell that does not die and remains with you your whole life. However brain cells can be replenished just the same as as any other cell can be replenished. By sustained nutrient benifits in order to replace and shed all those duding particles.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
as for thinking yourself to get better.

We are made of living organisms. If you think badly of yourself then you will get sick.

If you think good of yourself then you may get better. The point is not neglecting the body.

One simply cannot *love their Personality* But hate their body.

Your personality is irrelivant. What matters is how you feel. Displaying emotions transfers energy to muscles depending on the emotion.

Fight or flight. Fight causes energy to go to our primal fight instincts that focuses energy onto our muscles in the form of chemical stimulus such as addrenalin. Same process for flight.

If you are thinking bad about yourself it can be sensed by all the organisms in your body. Which may relay an attack on the body or de-motivation of cells.

As in the cells lose the ambition to continue their process. How emotions easily influence our biology and expecially our intentions and thoughts.

This is why you can physically see if someone is troubled. Because the cells display the energy they are reciving.
Which all depends upon you and how you view the world, as well as what you put into your body. Because the biology in our body creates chemicals that feeds us. Like our intestines that have all the bacteria in it that breaks down food into enzymes in order for our cells to absorb in them to replenish matter and energy.

Bacteria can excrete all kinds of chemicals, Including ones that can kill us or give us the same effects as a disease.
So Bacteria can help us in feeling how we want to feel or force us into feeling something in order to fullfill a craving that would nurture such bacteria. Particularly sugar drinks or such would breed something of that effect.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
as for thinking yourself to get better.

We are made of living organisms. If you think badly of yourself then you will get sick.

If you think good of yourself then you may get better. The point is not neglecting the body.

Displaying emotions transfers energy to muscles depending on the emotion.

If you are thinking bad about yourself it can be sensed by all the organisms in your body. Which may relay an attack on the body or de-motivation of cells.

How emotions easily influence our biology and expecially our intentions and thoughts.

This is why you can physically see if someone is troubled. Because the cells display the energy they are reciving.
Which all depends upon you and how you view the world, as well as what you put into your body. Because the biology in our body creates chemicals that feeds us. Like our intestines that have all the bacteria in it that breaks down food into enzymes in order for our cells to absorb in them to replenish matter and energy.

well put. i completely agree. i've seen the effects of this first hand. me and my ex could have probably been subjects in a study on this type of thing. she started to develop a very negative mind pattern when she was heading in her mid to late twenties and I witnessed a lot of direct cause and effect between her thoughts/mind pattern and her constant health issues. mental and physical.

while i on the other hand did get caught up in her negative mind set for a while and saw the corresponding negative effects on my health. after we separated i went deep into meditation and energy work and saw a vast incredible difference in improving my mental and physical health. while she went the pharmacological route with a psychiatrist and even after years of treatment she continues to have health issues to this day.

years ago if someone would have told me something akin to what i said above, i wouldn't have believed a word and would have written them off so i can understand people not buying into this kind of thing. but, there is truth to it. our minds have the capability to do extraordinary things. being able to hurt/heal ourselves is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of our potential.
edit on 22-12-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
OP has a good point and is correct in that what we think as well as what others think do have an effect on the body both positive and negative. Here is a simple clip of how when thinking at water it is changed. Once studies under a microscope the effects are amazing, so next ime you think something about yourself or another person make sure its a good thouht. We are over 90% water sooo there you have it.

Water Crystals by Masaru Emoto

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I think so. I have personally experienced this. I used to train allot. I was really into martial arts, still am though I no longer train.

It would take me about a month to get specific results. If I wanted to increase the callouses on my knuckles or how far I stretch a part of my body or whatever, I would first concentrate on those things for a week while training without actually doing strengthening exercises. Once I had everything laid out in my mind I would start to build it. The following week I would see huge improvements with minimal training. If I just jumped into strengthening exercises I would not make as much progress.

Since I have stopped training some years ago, I have been able to lose all unwanted weight in a month or increase muscle mass significantly in a month with MINIMAL training. Hell, I wont lie, I have even NOT trained and still made some progress at times.

Its all about visualizing it and your body will respond. I hate saying it though because people with health issues will think there is a miracle cure out there for being over weight or out of shape. This is not what I am saying.

You still need to exercise and eat well. There is no substitute. BUT once you have gotten to know your body in mind, it is easier to effect change.

The more effort, dedication and discipline you put in the better off you are.

Here is this.

Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu

The wise student hears of the Tao and practices it diligently.
The average student hears of the Tao and gives it thought now and again.
The foolish student hears of the Tao and laughs aloud.
If there were no laughter, the Tao would not be what it is.

Hence it is said:
The bright path seems dim;
Going forward seems like retreat;
The easy way seems hard;
The highest Virtue seems empty;
Great purity seems sullied;
A wealth of Virtue seems inadequate;
The strength of Virtue seems frail;
Real Virtue seems unreal;
The perfect square has no corners;
Great talents ripen late;
The highest notes are hard to hear;
The greatest form has no shape.
The Tao is hidden and without name.
The Tao alone nourishes and brings everything to fulfillment

edit on 12 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Everything is energy which includes thought - it is a nice idea that you think you can control the thoughts that arise. Thought will arise before you get change to stop it and then you will have to fight that thought with another one, that is the nature of thought - it conflicts. I noticed that you stated that faith is a thought, I would rather say that faith is no thought. If one has faith that all is well then one does not have to try to figure things out or worry or try to have good thoughts. Have you ever considered that it might be all that thinking and the worrying about our thinking which may cause the bodily disease. The word disease broken down is dis ease, if one is stressing about other times and places and generally spending too much time in mental realm of 'what is not happening' then the energy is contracted. If one stops and listens and looks around and takes time to smell (the roses) one will feel the energy change.

All energy is moving now - it can be felt but most individuals cannot feel - thinking holds the promise of better.

edit on 22-12-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I believe so. Consciousness creates reality, these things I know to be true via intuition. Putting it into practice faced with all of the distraction of our shared reality is a difficult task, probably easier being a recluse. Namaste.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nothing is energy.

Energy is the ability of an object to do work or otherwise effect other objects. In other words, there are only objects and what those objects do. Thoughts are not objects, they have no mass, and thus no energy.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

a reply to: hellobruce

I'm asking a metaphysical question. If everything is energy, then could disease be a manifestation of negative energy upon our positive energy.

Thank you for clarifying your question.

In the absolute sense, yes, disease is a manifestation of negative energy but not from outside of yourself. It's your own negative reaction to what you perceive as 'negative' forces. Were you to a fully realized being, no 'negative forces' could impact your 'energy'.

That said, I don't think you can 'think' or 'wish' yourself well or different or whatever. For myself change starts with behavior, then speech and only then does my 'real' thinking come into play. But part of changing that behavior is changing the mental habits. So in a sense you have to work both ends towards the middle.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Woman cured herself of cancer with the power of her mind LOLZ to the naysayers

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Yes. You can think about getting off of the couch, do it, thus changing your energy from potential to kinetic and through the metabolism of lipids, change your body. All animals everywhere do this constantly. It is why we need to eat.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Can Our Thoughts Change Our Energy and Thus Change Our Bodies?

I would like to entertain this question from a psychological/metaphysical point of perception.

So to the question proposed in the thread title... The short answer is yes, and by certain means the process of this transmutation is very simple chemistry.

The state of mind required to provoke the alchemical reaction in the psyche that then manifests throughout the body is dissolution.

This state can be created in a number of ways and the alchemical effects on the mind and body of such a state are defined as...

1 :the act or process of dissolving: as
a :separation into component parts
b (1) :decay, disintegration (2) :death
c :termination or destruction by breaking down, disrupting, or dispersing
d :the dissolving of an assembly or organization

A semi translucent state can be achieved by way of detachment and non attachment to reality and what ever else has come to be known by the five senses. Best done in the search for truth, this is a integral part of Buddhist and Hindu philosophy but the process is simple physics and chemistry.

Dissolution is the process by which a solute forms a solution in a solvent.

The solute, in the case of solids, has its crystalline structure disintegrated as separate ions, atoms, and molecules form.

A shift from the material or solid state to a less dense state of being, brought about by thoughts changing the energy, thus changing the body?

"Oh my god, it's full of stars"

Quantum physics is just one of the foundations that is facilitating a less dense state of being and thus allowing dissolution of the solid state. But this often still requires a certain degree of faith as ones wave form identity remains illusive to the five senses. I do like the many references to water when describing the type of structure the energy of the unified field in the theory.

Biblical texts and eastern philosophy speak of a similar shift or slide through this state of dissolution that conclude in a circumcision from the lower nature in physical reality.

Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his fat ones leanness; and under his glory he shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire.

And the light of Israel shall be for a fire, and his Holy One for a flame: and it shall burn and devour his thorns and his briers in one day;

And shall consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as when a standardbearer fainteth.

When a standard bearer fainteth he stands no more... for what ever it was he stood for. Dissolution.

And the rest of the trees of his forest shall be few, that a child may write them.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

The forest being consumed symbolises the stripping away process of all deception/illusion.

This seems to parallel a chapter of the Bhagavad Gita involving a tree of samsara (illusion) and the axe of detatchment/non attachment.

The Sharp Axe of Detachment

The Tree of Samsara is an illusion, the projection of the Immutable Immeasurable Imperishable Oneness. When Souls are weary of enjoying the experiences provided by transmigration through a myriad of births and deaths, they must learn to discern the Real from the effects of guna-maya and cut down this Tree. The only way to cut this upside-down Tree is with the Axe of Non-attachment (asange-sastrena).

The Sanskrit word asange means that which is opposed to desire, and sastrena is an axe or knife like weapon. Dispassion and renunciation of the signals which transmit the perceptions of the five senses to the brain, become a mighty (drdhena) weapon (sastra) because they detach human consciousness from the world of desire, attachment and aversion, likes and dislikes, pleasure and pain (Gambhirananda).

An eagerness for Knowledge of the Supreme Self makes this Axe strong and the repeated practice of Discriminations between the eternal Real and the temporal unreal, produced by Prakriti’s guna-maya, sharpens the weapon that cuts down our attachment which binds us in the temporal illusory hologram

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join