It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommend ATS-esque sites and other favourite sites?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hi Guys!

I came to ATS about 10 years ago as a burgeoning teen with interests in ghostly encounters/ hauntings as well as other paranormal and cryptozoological topics, such as poltergeists, Nessie, shadow people, BEKs, bigfoot, psychic powers, and other more general mysteries etc.

As I grew so did ATS, seeming to focus more on political/ religious conspiracies (most likely due to the occurrence of 9/11 and the forefront that event took in our minds). I've loved growing with this ATS, however, recently I just don't think there's been as many meaty mysteries for me too sink my teeth into.

So if anyone could recommend any websites like ATS - or your own personal favorites - that give interesting reads, I'd be very appreciative!

Cheers!

n.b. If it helps some of the ATS articles I've enjoyed over the years focused on things lie the Keddie Murders, Ghost stories/ paranormal encounters (the more plausible the better), scientific discoveries/ conspiracies even.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RedEyes619

Sadly, ATS has gotten increasingly stricter and (in my opinion) more paranoid rules and regulations every year, and because of this they keep loosing the good posters. One of these rules means you cannot link to promote other sites or be banned, so your question is kind of pointless here as one cannot promote other sites without breaking the ATS rules and face banning.

On a side note; I have the impressions that ye'old forums are getting less popular and have well started to be substituted by other kinds of media services on the Web.

-MM
edit on 22-12-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don't really know of many similar sites to ATS. If you google 'mystery forums' or 'conspiracy forums' you'll find some. I used to post on the Paracast forums; they cover a lot of the mystery topics. There's a couple of great sites Obscuragator and The Anomalist which post links to all the latest paranormal/spooky/UFO articles across the webz.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing the other day....how I came here because of the spookier paranormal threads. But lately haven't seen too much on those topics.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I think 10 years ago the internet was really the only place that you could find out about "conspiracy" type stuff.

Nowadays turn on almost any cable channel and you see all kind of Bigfoot hunters, ghost hunters, alien hunters, ufo hunters, and all kinds of shows that talk about HAARP, chupacabras, gnomes, Denver airport, on and on, etc etc etc.

I think that is one reason that you don't see so many threads on these topics is because there is information overload now on the TV with all of this stuff.

But yeah I miss the old ATS too, 2006 or so was about when I first started coming here and I felt like I could peruse the threads for hours and there were so many more interesting topics.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the help guys! I'll be sure to give those sites/ searches ago Kandinsky!

I remember one thread on here not too long that linked to this story - German Tourist Disappearance - about a guy who solved the mysterious disappearance of German tourists in Death Valley.
It was such a great bit of sleuthing by the guy and made for an equally great read. Definitely the best side of ATS
edit on 22-12-2014 by RedEyes619 because: Grammar and spelling.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers…

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Perfect! Thanks a million intrptr

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

We have a forum here for that called Interesting Websites. Check it out for more.. under FORUMS

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

These are some sites I occasionally reference:

Bizarre or Weird News:
(Conglomeration of different strange stories. I use the first three.)
www.unmuseum.org...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.weirdus.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...
www.tampabay.com...
www.newsoftheweird.com...

Best paranormal/ghost stories:
You can do "searches" by city or state for "True Ghost Stories", or use Reporting sites like this:
www.paranormal360.co.uk...

UFO News/Reporting sites:
www.nuforc.org...
(Great "by state", and "by date" UFO reports, for research.)
www.mufon.com...
(Use their "Track" pull down for "Last 20 UFO Reports" or to search by state. But you can't get a URL for any group or individual reports, since they have their own TV show and frown on "their" UFO reports posted elsewhere.)
www.ufosightingsdaily.com...
(Some interesting stories, but a bit too much "Rhino seen on Moon or Mars!" stories. But the occasionally break stories other sites pick up.)

Science/Technology sites: (Absolute Best are the first four.)
www.technologyreview.com... (Out of MIT - cutting edge.)
www.eurekalert.org...
www.onr.navy.mil...
www.spaceref.com...
(Open one story, and top bar appears with stories grouped by planets, moons, etc.)

www.popsci.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.dailygalaxy.com...
www.technewsdaily.com...
www.physics.org...

ALSO, if you can specifically word your Search, both ATS (click the green spyglass in the upper right) and YouTube have great information too.

Hope this helps!
edit on 22-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join