It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the American media wish to create such obvious social unrest in the United States???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: greenday1978

Perhaps we are not as divided as the MSM might like us to believe. In fact there are alot of things the MSM would have us believe that are not really accurate descriptions of reality. Sure, there will always be bigots, but I think people are mostly just people. Reach out across the dividing lines when it feels right. You may be pleasantly surprised.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Put plainly: if it bleeds, it leads.

The media isn't there to check facts and call the government out. They're there to make money and sell ad space. No great mystery

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
They do it simply for ratings. They make money that way. Before advertising became a billion dollar industry. News organization reported the news straight up, just as it should. But once advertising got involved the TV people had to pay for this new thing. They all changed the format to sensualist. That attracted more viewers. Thus starting a never ending cycle of unrest.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
They want us divided. Race, gender, religion, class. It's all by design.
If we are at each others throats we won't be at theirs. And once things
get really out of control they will send in the big guns. Order out of chaos.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The media in the uk is used to test the opinion of the public and to introduce them gently to what the government is determined to do, despite the fact that they know people don't want their taxes going to waste of wars fought purely for corporative gain. I suspect we learned this trick from the usa and obama doesn't want you looking at his leadership and criticising him and his peace prize or his government's policies as he want to go to war in syria still and the usa public are sick of wars.

Take the focus off what you want to do by distracting the public with something strong enough to work. Racial problems are always a winner. But if you notice it, nothing ever changes on that front despite all the media attention - one should ask why not and its that money spent on wars, corporations and bankers greed, doesn't create the calibre of jobs so many poor people need.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

This question begins a journey of discovery that all need to go down!

The history of the media is quite simple, TPTB simply bought all of the newspapers in the early 1900's and got a nice solid grip on the information that made its way to Americans.

It is the combination, control of information/propaganda that has allowed those pulling the strings from behind to create this current version of society that we now have.

The media is a weapon, it can make/break careers, it can create fictional reality for those who tune in and believe what they are told.

This.

Within 12 years of the creation of the Federal Reserve, TPTB had bought up all the major newspapers in the US. They control the media worldwide.

They look upon society as an experiment--- with them as the scientists and us as the lab rats. What they feed us--food and info--is part of that experiment. The rats who are awakened see it as more of a war or struggle for survival.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: greenday1978
We are all told that the media is a necessary outlet for modern society. But lately it seems the media has altered it's approach on reporting the news. Racial stories and reports of police violence permeate the media. Why are they "stirring the pot?" What possible positive outcome could there be to agitating your citizens??? Can someone please shed light on this?

Because the media only cares about ratings and internet clicks. Those two things generate ad revenue. So we only get sound bytes and incomplete news. Though some might say that there is a vast conspiracy behind it. I see it as way to simple for that.
edit on 22-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: finitedualities
Ever increasing reliance on paid mercenaries (police) to keep the people in power where they are and to instill the feeling of difference and doubt among the population to keep unity an impossibility. How else could our leadership be so obviously corrupt and get away with it?

ETA: I find it amusing that this seems to be a more recent happening to you. FYI, there has been hard proof since the Lusitania and the Spanish Flu that the media played a major role in deceiving Americans. What makes you think they made unannounced reforms since that era?

Yes and for the large part many did see the principle role of the media as having a disinformation function. No better way to warp, bend, twist, contort ect with the film industry running a close second. Not that its all bad mind you. Thank goodness for the internet.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

There should be no doubt in why and what is happening with the media. The one simple facts is that most of the media are in bed with the democratic party when it comes down to their approach on the news. It has been that way since the communist revolution in Russia in 1918 and the ideology was transferred to the US by a particular, steadily growing powerful group that now owns or controls virtually all of the media in the US if not the Western world.

The driven core of the democratic party in the US has evolved into the "progressives" party which is simply another word for modern day, watered down communism. Their chief tactic of attack for their opposition is to make republicans out as greedy capitalist, and tout themselves as the redeemers for the enlightened. Obama's battle cry of "change" is better understood as a pledge to share the wealth which is a mainstay of the communist doctrine. That he has a vengeance to his agenda to destroy the America of old in the process is easily seen. To this end, he has been aided and abetted by an almost total media control of the topic.

I've noticed that many of you easily describe Fox News, for example, as full of lies, lies, more lies. When actually, they simply give you another version of the news contrary to CNN, MSNBC and the other pro-left stations. Fox New has its own agenda which may be nothing more than a bellweather to attract and provide a home for the continued disenfranchised, typical America--I have my suspicions there--but for all of the smooth words of the leftist about being PC and promoting diversity, denying hate, etc., they sure like to hate Fox news and mock those of us standing up for the old America.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Because fear is the easiest emotion through which a government can create and control its sheeple.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The only way for citizens to "overlook" the fact that their whole criminal justice system is illegitimate and their government views them as enemy combatants is to make the citizens fear something "greater" and more abstract

Obama care
Satan.
Dark skinned demons
crazed terrorists

I need to turn on Fux News to get more.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I've noticed that many of you easily describe Fox News, for example, as full of lies, lies, more lies. When actually, they simply give you another version of the news contrary to CNN, MSNBC and the other pro-left stations. Fox New has its own agenda which may be nothing more than a bellweather to attract and provide a home for the continued disenfranchised, typical America--I have my suspicions there--but for all of the smooth words of the leftist about being PC and promoting diversity, denying hate, etc., they sure like to hate Fox news and mock those of us standing up for the old America.

Great defense of the WASP authoritarian edifice. "We built this great nation" blather. I presume you had a straight face through the whole thing too. I understand. I was programmed to believe that stuff too. I always wondered why native Americans and blacks just couldn't accept facts and accept WASPs deserved to take everything they wanted.

Boy, was I dumb.
edit on 22-12-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: engineercutout

originally posted by: elementalgrove

This question begins a journey of discovery that all need to go down!

The history of the media is quite simple, TPTB simply bought all of the newspapers in the early 1900's and got a nice solid grip on the information that made its way to Americans.

It is the combination, control of information/propaganda that has allowed those pulling the strings from behind to create this current version of society that we now have.

The media is a weapon, it can make/break careers, it can create fictional reality for those who tune in and believe what they are told.

I think elemental grove is right on target here. If you're the chief editor of a media outlet, you will present what the owner wants you to present if you value your job. Likewise your reporters will work the stories you tell them to work, if they value their jobs.

Exactly. Who's pulling the owner's strings? I'm sure the owner has some kind of agenda here.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: engineercutout

But how can we be effective as a people in this state? During the world wars we were all united; despite the state domestic affairs. Blacks and whites were united against outside influences. Our country is not at all like that anymore. If this is "A tool for global domination," then how can it be deemed effective? Unity would seem to be the key to achieving this outcome.

I infer from your question that you assume that the United States Of America as we know it would still exist when this global domination would be achieved. When you remove the notion of USA surviving the NWO intact, it makes perfect sense. Unrest can be an excuse to crack down. Revolt could also be engineered to install a new regime and system of government that would be less dangerous to globalist despots. After all we are still a free, armed people. People may not see it that way these days, and we are seldom reminded of that fact, but it is true nonetheless.
You can't do a new world order with a nation of free, armed people occupying one of the world's power seats. Oh sure, we're all going along with it right now for whatever reasons, but that could change at any time. For this new world order thing to succeed, America must go along with it, be marginalized, or be destroyed. If our way of life cannot be sufficiently altered in this country to allow this plan to proceed, you can expect this sort of endgame to be run on the nation.
I must add that I agree with the premise of your OP. The character of the media coverage these last few years seems somehow contrived to sew unrest amongst the people. "Come on! Come out and fight! Stand up to the injustice so that we may beat you down for your efforts! Feel better now? No?" The Occupy Wall Street coverage is what sticks in my memory. Thank goodness the American people seem to have some sense and wisdom left within them, or we might already be dealing with the new glorious whatever revolution...

I agree. It will be interesting in fact to see the plan they will put into effect that will disarm the American people. Seems they've been testing the waters in times of late.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: orbitbaby
They want us divided. Race, gender, religion, class. It's all by design.
If we are at each others throats we won't be at theirs. And once things
get really out of control they will send in the big guns. Order out of chaos.

Then they "reign us in" when there's an outside threat and point us in that direction. The media could truly be used as a force of good if they chose to use their power that way.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

The media in the uk is used to test the opinion of the public and to introduce them gently to what the government is determined to do, despite the fact that they know people don't want their taxes going to waste of wars fought purely for corporative gain. I suspect we learned this trick from the usa and obama doesn't want you looking at his leadership and criticising him and his peace prize or his government's policies as he want to go to war in syria still and the usa public are sick of wars.

Take the focus off what you want to do by distracting the public with something strong enough to work. Racial problems are always a winner. But if you notice it, nothing ever changes on that front despite all the media attention - one should ask why not and its that money spent on wars, corporations and bankers greed, doesn't create the calibre of jobs so many poor people need.

This is a very interesting response. Do you think the media somehow harnesses this negative energy? Could it be used to focus the public into wanting to go to war with other countries? Create the hate; then point it in a single direction. That could be quite effective.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

We are all told that the media is a necessary outlet for modern society. But lately it seems the media has altered it's approach on reporting the news. Racial stories and reports of police violence permeate the media. Why are they "stirring the pot?" What possible positive outcome could there be to agitating your citizens??? Can someone please shed light on this?

Because the media only cares about ratings and internet clicks. Those two things generate ad revenue. So we only get sound bytes and incomplete news. Though some might say that there is a vast conspiracy behind it. I see it as way to simple for that.

Simple greed could be the driving force. But at some point they would realize the byproduct created by this type of reporting; hate. This can be a powerful weapon. At some point someone would learn how to use this.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I'm sure they already have, but at the core of it all is simple greed. As is the case for just about all the problems in the world (though greed also helps fix many of the problems in the world too since it fuels technological evolution).

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

There should be no doubt in why and what is happening with the media. The one simple facts is that most of the media are in bed with the democratic party when it comes down to their approach on the news. It has been that way since the communist revolution in Russia in 1918 and the ideology was transferred to the US by a particular, steadily growing powerful group that now owns or controls virtually all of the media in the US if not the Western world.

The driven core of the democratic party in the US has evolved into the "progressives" party which is simply another word for modern day, watered down communism. Their chief tactic of attack for their opposition is to make republicans out as greedy capitalist, and tout themselves as the redeemers for the enlightened. Obama's battle cry of "change" is better understood as a pledge to share the wealth which is a mainstay of the communist doctrine. That he has a vengeance to his agenda to destroy the America of old in the process is easily seen. To this end, he has been aided and abetted by an almost total media control of the topic.

I agree on some points you make about Democrats and how they demonize Republicans. We are all capitalists... that's what defines us as a nation. But what do you mean standing up for "the old America?" I believe in all of the old fashioned values except for the bigotry and violence.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

The only way for citizens to "overlook" the fact that their whole criminal justice system is illegitimate and their government views them as enemy combatants is to make the citizens fear something "greater" and more abstract

Obama care
Satan.
Dark skinned demons
crazed terrorists

I need to turn on Fux News to get more.

Ultimately, is that the fate of every government... to fall to their citizens?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join