It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wonder who you are deep down?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Your Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy your metaphysical self that can be in contact of more metaphysical realms of existence... Now consider ET benevolent and malevolent existing in these realms and some of the malevolent preferring you didn't know what you REALLY were fully as you may oppose a threat or AWAKEN many like you if not prevent them from opportunity to feed.

Again just because your a believer doesn't mean you have to be religious, but the religious data has and can help the human mind to begin to visualize more of whats going on then what appears to be all within the physical boundaries.

Those other parts

Good Ophiuchus, I have no use for those parts. They are without benefit nor harm. They do not help nor hinder. I think I might just leave them be.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Hmm I see 1 wishes you the best with your decisions made LesMisanthrope & hopes the LIGHT* can keep you out of the Darkness until you are ready and well prepared to overcome its illusionary ways of deceit... As it can provide subtle surroundings for a soul to attract to and stay within for very very very long periods until that soul awakens and realizes after lifetimes away from the Source/Home. Good luck

edit on 12/23/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Hmm I see 1 wishes you the best with your decisions made LesMisanthrope & hopes the LIGHT* can keep you out of the Darkness until you are ready and well prepared to overcome its illusionary ways of deceit... As it can provide subtle surroundings for a soul to attract to and stay within for very very very long periods until that soul awakens and realizes after lifetimes away from the Source/Home. Good luck

Much appreciated, good sir.

I enjoy both the light and the dark, both of which the source provides. You're right to say the beauty of this place is mesmerizing. I only wish I could see it all.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I don't know who or what I am, but I suspect I am more consciousness than matter.

It's an observation I made not by reading a bible, but by looking at nature.

Atoms, molecules, abiogenesis and evolution are unlikely to be the cause, they are a means, seemingly originating from an ''intelligent'' force still largely unknown.

It is probable that some form of intelligence / consciousness gives rise to life and nature, in my humble opinion.

The brain could be the origin of our consciousness but it might also be a receiver, transforming and adapting the ''higher'' consciousness in such a way as to give it the ability to experience this world it has created in a different manner.

I used to think that this is simply wishful thinking, helping me to deal with my inevitable death, but how could it all be nothing more than a random occurrence, and still hold so much intricate beauty, defying entropy? What else could be the true origin of origins?

''All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.'' - Max Planck

''I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness.'' - Max Planck

''Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.'' - Albert Einstein

''My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.'' - Albert Einstein

''Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe, a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.'' - Albert Einstein

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Skaffa

I agree to a certain extent with this view, but it must be understood correctly:

I do believe we are animated by a universal lifeforce and that we borrow our self consciousness from it

BUT

That self-consciousness of ours is something that we build since our birth, that is defined by a feeling of separate identity. If something from this lifeforce or universal consciousness can survive after the death of our body, it certainly NOT our personal identity.

Actually, most spiritual teachings tell us that after death we can either:

- Keep believing we are the person we were before our death, and then we become nothing but a shadow of ourselves who can't let go and keeps roaming around the living as a spirit, ignorant of his lot or too sad or angry to be able to move forward.

- Understand that our individual story is over and that we have to let go of our identity and give back our consciousness to the source. This what they talk about when saying "merging with the divine" or "going into the light".

So it's very clear that even if "something" can survive death, "you" as you see yourself today cannot survive death. If there is a life after death it's a life without an ego and without an illusion of identity.

I'm saying this because I often read many people embracing the romantic idea that consciousness and identity survives death , despite all spiritual teachings advising for the opposite. They're in for a big surprise if they stay attached to their identity too much. All spiritual exercises are about letting go the illusion of identity so you are better prepared for when it happens.

And it's not something easy. When the ego/identity feels it is about to disappear, it will kick and scream and not let go without a fight. Most have no idea how difficult this is and thus talk about the afterlife like it's actually nothing but beauty and wisdom and everything.

It can be, but then you have to be prepared for it and already accept that "you" WILL DIE.

The self-consciousness, the identity, the ego, they aren't bad things and they define who we are down here, but they will eventually die with our bodies and so, when you think about it:

the only thing that might survive death doesn't really belong to us. It was only lent to us and we have to accept we will give it back.

Death is certain, death of the body and death of the ego.

But not many really understand the whole extent of that "death of the ego". It does mean everything that makes you "you" will die too. Memories, character, fears, hopes, desires... everything.

A shadow/echo of it might still exist, but it will certainly not be "you".

The life we have down here is our chance, we must make the best of it and not think like "there's an afterlife anyway" because that afterlife is not the way most people see it. There is no afterlife for your personality.
edit on 24-12-2014 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman
Yes - the individual must die to know God. There is just God and he has defined himself - he buys into the idea that he is something - when in fact he is everything - there is no other.
Do you believe there is an 'after' life? Or is there just the death of something that never was?

When the individual is seen through, understood for what it is, it will just lift away like a veil. Rapture comes to mind.

edit on 24-12-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Do you believe there is an 'after' life? Or is there just the death of something that never was?

I believe in what I posted above. The only thing that survives all is the infinite and eternal. What people call god or the source or the greatest spirit.

An individual consciousness might delay its reunion with the infinite when it's not ready to let go, and keep an appearance of life for some time, what people call ghosts or spirits, but it's not an happy situation. It's only attachment that makes these spirits stay, and attachment causes suffering.

But when you are ready to go, your personality dissolves and you become reunited with all the people you love, with everyone and everything ever, with god, and that is the thing I believe is the most misunderstood.

I don't believe it's possible to keep your individuality when you are back in god. The very name "individual" means separate. You cannot both be separate and reunited in everything. It's impossible.

Just like when the ashes of a deceased are scattered in the wind, what remains of that person travels around the world and becomes a part of everything and everyone, I believe the same happens to our individual consciousness in our last moment.

Our consciousness is dissolved and becomes a part of a greater consciousness once again. If people talk with deceased people through a medium or other means, I believe they either contact spirits which are stuck down here, many of which are lost and manipulative, and certainly not above human emotions, either they contact the remnant of an individual that went back into god. Since the divine is what connects us all, we are able to exchange with that eternal and divine part of the deceased, but who, I believe so, isn't an individual soul anymore.

I believe this is what happens because that's consistent with the descriptions and allegories of most spiritual texts, and because it's in line with the personal experience of the divine that one can have while alive, through mystical practice, entheogens or NDE.

I had such an experience and after a moment of supreme fear and resistance from my ego, I accepted the inevitability of the death of my identity, and then there was nothing but peace. It's difficult to explain but being an individual again after that, with fears and desires and pains and sadness and all forms of attachment was almost depressing. But on the other hand, there was nothing but eternity and loneliness in "death" (but it was neither sad nor difficult because you are above emotions) so I still value my individual life and plan to get the most of it before I'm finally recalled back by the universe.

It's true that we are never alone and we get to be reunited with all when we eventually depart from life. But being one with everything again, and forever and ever, you realize it's a bit lonely and boring up there
And that life down here is actually not so bad despite all the suffering and struggle.

At least you get to experience all the fun (and less fun) stuff that go alongside being an individual

edit on 24-12-2014 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join